Steamworks Key Too Big

Users who are viewing this thread

nomad5

Recruit
Hey guys,

I already own M&B Warband, but I've recently bought the 6-pack for family and friends. While trying to install it on my dads computer, after launching it requires me to activate the steamworks key with the game. It allows me to paste the key in and press activate.

The problem is, is that you're only able to enter 4 characters per 4 groups. The keys I have are 5 characters per 5 groups. It's impossible to enter it.

There seems to be a thread with this issue already, but it had not been resolved as you cannot activate the steamworks key through steam.

There is a growing thread here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19039894&posted=1#post19039894

Any help is much appreciated.

Kleidophoros said:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,146773.0.html

As I've said before, you cannot activate the steamworks key with steam, as we've already activated the game. The game is currently 100% owned and installed on steam, and I am still receiving the 5 character group key.

That doesn't show us **** all, I'm having the same problem as him, as well as 20 other people on steam right now. It is sending us the wrong ****ing key.

Kleidophoros said:
Check out my link in that thread, shows you how to get your 4X4 TW key from steam; to be used with TW installer.
Unfortunately that isn't working, they have a 5x5 key visible in Steam where the 4x4 should be.

Looks like something ****ed up just in time for the sale.

Kleidophoros said:
Check out my link in that thread, shows you how to get your 4X4 TW key from steam; to be used with TW installer.

I followed what you showed, it doesn't give me a 4x4 key. I believe Steam is having an issue delivering the 4x4.

A2vih.png

The problem is that when you click "CD KEY" it still only shows you the 5x5 cd key for steam.
There is no cd key for the game.

Yep!  I signed up for these forums just so I could chime in and say I am having the exact same problem.  5x5 key from Steam, 4x4 key required to activate when I start the game.

Please work with Valve to fix this ASAP! =)  Thanks!

I'm having this problem as well. 5 digit key is too long to fit. I signed up here just to find a solution to this problem.

Kleidophoros said:
That link cant do **** because its Steam's fault, they should deliver a 4X4 key. We cant help you here, try to get help from Steam.

That's what I presumed. Can't you guys get some partner contact with Steam? It's stopping a lot of people from buying the game at the moment.

If not, then I appreciate the information.

exactly the the same problem here...

steam sold a game wiht a 5x5 serial. the best joke ever! i payed for a DEMO  :lol: ...

so far
suney

exact same problem.  I only got this cause i didnt like the first game but the new one looked great! and now i cant play it cause steam isnt fixing their mistakes immediatly like they are trained to do.

Back
Top Bottom