Why are my chats not working?

Users who are viewing this thread

For some reason my "I" and "P" chats dont work, it brings up the little box i write my messege and press enter and nothing happens but my "T" and chat works fine.

Are both the server you are connected to and your client exactly the same version? Or at least both 3.2 or higher, or both less than 3.2: that release broke backwards compatibility for the faction and new global chat types.

If you are certain both the server and your client have the latest version of this module installed, maybe there is a bug in the code - I was a bit surprised not to hear any problems reported with the new system after it was released, since it was complicated and hard to test thoroughly; but maybe people just didn't bother to report stuff, since the system was deemed to work slightly better than the previous one... ?

One thing you could try: if global chat is failing to display, try send a faction chat message, then see if the global chat works; the faction message sends a bit more information, and might reset it back in sync.

Sometimes the chats don't work for a good 5 - 10 mins upon joining the server, a quick way of making it work is by putting spam into it like '1' until it works.

That's strange... could you try sending a faction message when it does that for you next, and then see if global works; or else make a rough count of how many messages you send until it works? I suspect about either 10 or 110.

update to the latest version and it fixes it.
i had the same problem before, try a clean install, delete the old folder and redo it

Back
Top Bottom