Black Shields (BkS) bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks

Users who are viewing this thread

Ariel of Yalen said:
Rhade said:
Mad_Dawg said:
Rhade said:
So I don't understand. I go through PRT, Balion, GK, DC, and a bunch of different clans' threads, and all of their clan "history" matches is roughly 90% win rates. How the hell is everyone winning 4/5 scrims when they are all scrimming each other?

Buncha stat padders imo.
Hey look guys, Rhade has an opinion.

I really wish I could tell you all of them, but I'm afraid they may hurt your feelings.

All that aside, it is a bit strange everyone lies on their match history. Makes me a sad panda.
What makes you think everyone lies? :???:

Not necessarily "lying", I was more referring to the odd situation it brings up.

How likely is it that every single clan is winning the majority of their matches, if their threads' clan histories are to be trusted?
The only clans actively scrimming all have a history that shows their clan as winning at least 75% of their matches. I may not be the best at math, but something seems off, because in order for one clan to win 75% of their matches, another has to only win 25%, yet no clans I listed have their histories showing them losing the majority of their matches.

I DON'T GET IT

Wrong. That would be the case if there were only 2 clans. For clan A to win 75% of their matches doesn't mean clan B has to lose 75% because there are many other clans. Now I'm not saying all clan histories are 100% truthful, however it is possible

Rhade said:
So I don't understand. I go through PRT, Balion, GK, DC, and a bunch of different clans' threads, and all of their clan "history" matches is roughly 90% win rates. How the hell is everyone winning 4/5 scrims when they are all scrimming each other?

Buncha stat padders imo.
Ok, I just actually looked on these clan's OP's.  PRT and GK don't have a clan history.  DC has one match won against BrC.  What the heck are you talking about?  l2r?

And I have dates and screens of all our matches.  So....

Rhade said:
Ariel of Yalen said:
Rhade said:
Mad_Dawg said:
Rhade said:

Buncha stat padders imo.
Hey look guys, Rhade has an opinion.

I really wish I could tell you all of them, but I'm afraid they may hurt your feelings.

All that aside, it is a bit strange everyone lies on their match history. Makes me a sad panda.
What makes you think everyone lies? :???:

Not necessarily "lying", I was more referring to the odd situation it brings up.

How likely is it that every single clan is winning the majority of their matches, if their threads' clan histories are to be trusted?
The only clans actively scrimming all have a history that shows their clan as winning at least 75% of their matches. I may not be the best at math, but something seems off, because in order for one clan to win 75% of their matches, another has to only win 25%, yet no clans I listed have their histories showing them losing the majority of their matches.

I DON'T GET IT
Firstly, I read through all (at least all I could find) of the active NA clan threads and came up with this.
NA
PRT – match history not listed
GK – match history not listed
DC – match history not updated
DoF – match history not listed
SHR - match history not updated
LV – match history not listed
POM – match history not listed
Most of the clans don't even have current or any matches recording in their thread, so you can't tell how many matches they've won or loss.

And then... what Mr X said about the percentiles.

Edit: Stop ninja'ing me you two! :eek:

Rhade just a bit of a warning

Talking about things about other clans that are not true give you a bad name.
GK just does on the go matches on either mine or a lords discretion but we do not do public results.
Heck we win some we lose some.
To tell you the truth a clan match is just to increase game experience. Not brag about scores....but then if you are trollcoaster or those guys then i suppose but I hope you dont go at such a level.

only lan to put match history is TKoV lol so far

Mr.X said:
Wrong. That would be the case if there were only 2 clans. For clan A to win 75% of their matches doesn't mean clan B has to lose 75% because there are many other clans. Now I'm not saying all clan histories are 100% truthful, however it is possible

Allow me to rephrase. Every clan that lists histories shows them as winning the majority of their matches, what I was getting at is that it's odd that not a single clan in this section of the forums with a clan history has listed them losing the majority of their matches.

I think it's fair to say that me saying clan histories aren't accurate isn't the cause for such an uproar.

I defintely shouldn't have listed names though. I was more or less making an off-handed comment about how I thought it was funny that some clans seemed to be stat padding, and people got pretty upset about it. Sorry about that, I didn't realize people would be so hurt by it.

Gowe: Off the top of my head, SHR, TkoV, the PEEPEE clan and more have histories up. Refer to your comment about saying non-truthful things. Quick, everyone string Gowe up next to me  for being incorrect about a detail in a bigger-picture argument!

Ah, yes. Balion has a history as well.

Yeah, per the list there is only one clan that actually has a running, official clan match history which is Balion and as stated I have dates and screens for all.  Why do you care.  And there is no uproar.  Does everyone sound like they are yelling and your the only calm headed one in your world?

Maybe the ones with a losing history don't want to post it and are smart enough not to lie about beating other clans. Makes perfect sense when you think about it. Clans with wining histories show them off and clans with loading histories don't.

non taken Rhade
although you are a beta fighter
you seem a noob when it comes to warband politics  :razz:

Edit: common now lol you need to come down Rhade and just be a bit calm about things...like no one stringing me up  :lol:

Rhade said:
Mr.X said:

Allow me to rephrase. Every clan that lists histories shows them as winning the majority of their matches, what I was getting at is that it's odd that not a single clan in this section of the forums with a clan history has listed them losing the majority of their matches.
Maybe it's because either they're very good, they mainly fight clans that are worse than them, or they're evenly balanced with most of the clans around. As well as what Mr. X said.

On a side note, only 2 NA clans have a current, updated list of clan wins/loses, and only one of those is one you mentioned by name, being the Balions, as Mad pointed out.

As Gowe said earlier, for most of us this isn't about the winning and the losing. This is about having fun, and if the winning comes along with the having fun, awesome. If we lose, it's not a big deal. The main thing is that we have a good time, no matter what the outcome is.

Sir Gowe said:
non taken Rhade
although you are a beta fighter
you seem a noob when it comes to warband politics  :razz:

There is no politics in this game, Gowe. There is no permanent world, nor is there object nor character permanence.
This is an FPS that some people like to RP in, and if you think the acme of politics in a game with little to no need for them is simply being nice and being non-obstructive, then I'd imagine you're wrong.

I used to play a game called Darkfall and pretty much ran the entire server, I know a thing or two about politics. Just sayin'.

Mr.X said:
Maybe the ones with a losing history don't want to post it and are smart enough not to lie about beating other clans. Makes perfect sense when you think about it. Clans with wining histories show them off and clans with loading histories don't.

Yes. What I was implying, however, is that some of those clans posting such one-sided histories are lying through their teeth. I'm definitely not going to name names, but it frustrates me when people lie to make their clans look like they're out winning scrims all the time when the reality is they're getting destroyed by simple pub teams.

Mad_Dawg said:
Yeah, per the list there is only one clan that actually has a running, official clan match history which is Balion and as stated I have dates and screens for all.  Why do you care.  And there is no uproar.  Does everyone sound like they are yelling and your the only calm headed one in your world?

You seem upset, Mad Dawg. Care to talk things out in PM's and explain why you're stalking me through every thread?

While we're at it, would you guys care to scrim? 6v6?

Ariel of Yalen said:
As Gowe said earlier, for most of us this isn't about the winning and the losing. This is about having fun, and if the winning comes along with the having fun, awesome. If we lose, it's not a big deal. The main thing is that we have a good time, no matter what the outcome is.

That's fine, and I know people are going to play how they want to play. I understand that for some people winning doesn't matter at all, yet those people also need to understand that it's totally legitimate and fair for other people to like to win. I like to have fun too, and usually, for me, that fun comes with being challenged when I play and overcoming it. Different styles for different people, I'm definitely on board with that.

Rhade said:
Mr.X said:

Yes. What I was implying, however, is that some of those clans posting such one-sided histories are lying through their teeth. I'm definitely not going to name names, but it frustrates me when people lie to make their clans look like they're out winning scrims all the time when the reality is they're getting destroyed by simple pub teams.
Balions and PeePee, only two NA clans with updated, current history. Both are accurate, as shown by clan members from both winning and losing sides confirming the outcomes.

And yes, there are politics in this. Last person who tried to go against them... well, let's not go there. :lol:

Ariel of Yalen said:
Rhade said:
Mr.X said:

Balions and PeePee, only two NA clans with updated, current history. Both are accurate, as shown by clan members from both winning and losing sides confirming the outcomes.

And yes, there are politics in this. Last person who tried to go against them... well, let's not go there. :lol:

Forgive me for not scouring through each thread to make sure they're updated. Regardless, I personally felt like one or two clans that, in my experience, weren't very good clans listing records of 80% win rate is laughable, whether it's current or not.

There are no politics in Mount and Blade: Warband besides popularity contests and play-nice-and-I'll-be-nice-to-you. Politics only really comes into effect when there is actually an effect that the forums and public image can have on a game -- Shadowbane, Darkfall, both excellent examples of games with actual politics. Alliances mattered, ceasefires mattered, "fighting words" mattered. You would lose holdings, equipment, weeks and months' worth of effort due to bad political maneuvering, etc etc. Not really so much here than a few people getting miffed and saying mean things if they don't like you, which I don't mind.

Agreed Ariel Agreed  :lol:

Edit: Hey if you havent seen the campaigns that go on.
I think you woudl want those guys who are mean on your side.
Just saying last campaign PRT was teh invading army.....(all 5 other clans were all on egde lol)

Just posting.  Isn't that what the forums are for?  Or is that just when your posting?  I'm confused.  And your magical ablility to sense emotion through text offering no such puntuation is astounding. 

As always, I'm never upset because someone like Rhade is making ridiculous and unfounded statements trying to come to some type of goal unbeknowest to anyone else.  You listed Balion correctly along with the other clans incorrectly, just like you never counted how many from the clans were involved in the duel tournament before whining like a kid about it, and I'm sayin as the only 1 of 2 clans with current match history you're completely wrong in your obvious unfounded statements.  Not emotional at all, just stating facts that contradict your claims.  Is that a problem?  I'd hate for honesty to be a sin.

All in all I'm just missing the point.  We won I put it in, we lost I put in with no discretion either way.  Is there really something you want?  Can I do something for you Rhade.  Can't we all just get along?

You obviously want to have this argument.

Ok.

My responses. Point by point.

Mad_Dawg said:
Just posting.  Isn't that what the forums are for?  Or is that just when your posting?  I'm confused.  And your magical ablility to sense emotion through text offering no such puntuation is astounding. 

I was kidding about you being mad. Only if you had a magical ability to sense sarcasm, we wouldn't be here now, would we?

As always, I'm never upset because someone like Rhade is making ridiculous and unfounded statements trying to come to some type of goal unbeknowest to anyone else.

Is it really so ridiculous to say that some clans pad their histories? I think not.

You listed Balion correctly along with the other clans incorrectly

I was more referring to the current NA clans rather than the ones I listed. You're right, perhaps I should have said "certain active NA clans" as opposed to listing ones off the top of my head that I thought were active. Next time I'll use a pro-noun instead to avoid this mess.

, just like you never counted how many from the clans were involved in the duel tournament before whining like a kid about it,

Honestly, I did count how many from different clans were involved in the duel tournament before "whining like a kid" (once more, personal attacks. I don't understand why you continue to do so. Maybe a bit sore from that beating earlier today?) The reason it upset me is because I saw in your thread, you remarking on how Balion is leading the "clans" statistics. It frustrated me because, honestly, I don't feel Balion is the best or anywhere near the best "dueling clan", and it's a bit inaccurate that having more members than other clans may net you that award. Clans like nK definitely deserve that title over Balion, imo, yet since they only have roughly two members to your roughly five or six, the results will be skewed. I don't see anything wrong with raising that issue.

and I'm sayin as the only 1 of 2 clans with current match history you're completely wrong in your obvious unfounded statements. I'm wrong to say that some clans pad their match history? Personally, I don't think so.

Not emotional at all, just stating facts that contradict your claims.  Is that a problem?  I'd hate for honesty to be a sin.
If you come up with any other facts, be sure to let me know so I can shoot those down too.

We can argue all day, or you can just accept that you and I see things differently. Honestly, the angst and personal attacks on me are getting old, so I'm going to start returning them, just as I did here.

I had an entire reply typed up before the TW backup thingie kicked in! :eek: Anyway...
Rhade said:
Ariel of Yalen said:
Rhade said:
Mr.X said:

Forgive me for not scouring through each thread to make sure they're updated. Regardless, I personally felt like one or two clans that, in my experience, weren't very good clans listing records of 80% win rate is laughable, whether it's current or not.

There are no politics in Mount and Blade: Warband besides popularity contests and play-nice-and-I'll-be-nice-to-you. Politics only really comes into effect when there is actually an effect that the forums and public image can have on a game -- Shadowbane, Darkfall, both excellent examples of games with actual politics. Alliances mattered, ceasefires mattered, "fighting words" mattered. You would lose holdings, equipment, weeks and months' worth of effort due to bad political maneuvering, etc etc.
Warband has it's own set of politics. They're quite... unique. :razz:

Not really so much here than a few people getting miffed and saying mean things if they don't like you, which I don't mind.
One of my clan members once said, "We're like somebody's dog. Be nice to us and we'll be your best friend, but start insulting us and boy will we defend ourselves." Personally I prefer to sit back and watch these things take place, using my handy-dandy "report to mod" button as I see fit. Did some of that today, in fact...

Back
Top Bottom