Rome - scene in progress (Poll added)

How should the defense scene of Rome be handled?

• Using the civic scene - Mainly a street fight in the core of Rome, with player using a few holdouts

Votes: 180 62.7%
  • A separate scene - Player starts defense at a section of the Servian Wall. Maximized defensive poten

Votes: 107 37.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

lmao

Just a small oversight :smile:

- Hmm this arch has far exceeded my poly count expectations. Up to 6k which is too much for a single prop I think, and I still have sections to add.

Any rate it should be done for preview soon.

Arch of Triumph - Septimius Severus

Arch_of_Septimius_Severus-original-3.jpg

43916.jpg

arch_septimius_severus_model.jpg

Arch_of_Septimius_Severus-Arch-image.jpg

Archl2.jpg

Archl1.jpg

Archl3.jpg

Archl4.jpg

Beautiful, it is a pity because of the poly count thou.
You give sooo much love to the cities.

Thanks for sharing

Can we stop the crap talk(I am looking at both of you Big Boss and AlphaDelta) and just stick to Ealabor's awesomeness?

Could we stop all this crap talk and talk of ealabor's awesomeness, and get back to THE GLORY OF ROME?

Mmm. Its nice and all but it just makes me wonder. After two years of waiting, is it really necesarry for a first release?

Really makes me think the following is going on: Just modding this in and then release, oh wait also modding that in and this and this would also be nice. Etc. That combined with new patches. Or am I mistaken?

You're indeed mistaken.  Ealabor switched to doing a mod based in the III Century CE which, as you all seem to have forgotten, will be an open beta.  This is because the factions would be fewer, and thus he can get a playable mod to you sooner while he irons out code and scenes and the like that will go into 268 BC, as well as the vastly larger faction list.  He's not being half-assed - the many factions, troop trees, etc. are a huge undertaking.  The fact that he's not willing to use AlphaDelta's work due to alleged plagiarism doesn't help, either, as that means he will possibly have to do all of that over again.  Regardless of whether or not you agree, that seems to be the state of things at present.

After death, now whos death would that be? :razz: The correct term is Anno Domini and After Date also gets used sometimes.

i am really thrilled about the different ways you english-speakers call the same thing...

i mean, for dates we have "before and after".  you seem to have an urge to perturbate poor tourist minds using the same initial words for anno domini and after deat,  even when using before christ...  wouldn't be easy-er to say After christ, for iluviatar's sake?

back to talk, need to see thsi colisseoum when it's out. the arch really impressed me.

remember trajan's column with all the legionares engraved on it !

Re: towers on the Servian Wall

I'll be back in a position to do serious research when Fall semester comes.  The folks I do know that actually study this sort of thing for whatever reason either basically said "I dunno" or haven't replied, so it looks like they won't be bothered to look into it.

Back
Top Bottom