Rome - scene in progress (Poll added)

How should the defense scene of Rome be handled?

• Using the civic scene - Mainly a street fight in the core of Rome, with player using a few holdouts

Votes: 180 62.7%
  • A separate scene - Player starts defense at a section of the Servian Wall. Maximized defensive poten

Votes: 107 37.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

ealabor said:
Well I reckon i'm just going to go with walls and gates excluding the towers really.
You do know I'm waiting like a fangirl for the next model preview,right?
right? RIGHT?

@kmovies: AD or anno domini is roughly translated as "in the year of our lord" and is taken as the year Jebus was born, not the year he died...or at least that's what i was taught...

Cheers
Kvedulf

Man this Google Earth app is really coming in handy. Made a mess of the scene moving props around, but it will reflect more accurately the area.

Some props i'll look to be making+adding:

Arch of Augustus
Temple of Vesta
Basilica Julia
Basilica Aemilia
Tabularium
Flavian Amphitheatre

And Trajan's Column should now fit in.

I made some alternate textures for the houses previewed in the first couple pages, as I wanted a few buildings to show more age, and incorporate some with brickworks often displayed in their structures, which will sit in contrast to the nicer pristine whitish props.

Sounds like you've got all your bases covered.  I look forward to seeing how the scene turns out.

ealabor said:
Man this Google Earth app is really coming in handy. Made a mess of the scene moving props around, but it will reflect more accurately the area.

Some props i'll look to be making+adding:

Arch of Augustus
Temple of Vesta
Basilica Julia
Basilica Aemilia
Tabularium
Flavian Amphitheatre

And Trajan's Column should now fit in.

I made some alternate textures for the houses previewed in the first couple pages, as I wanted a few buildings to show more age, and incorporate some with brickworks often displayed in their structures, which will sit in contrast to the nicer pristine whitish props.
Can we have some more screens of scene props? I really want to see how the arena looks like when it's finished.

ealabor said:
Yeah i'll show some thing along the way.

The coliseum though, I think I will leave for when the full scene is previewed.
I <3 u

ealabor said:
Yeah i'll show some thing along the way.

The coliseum though, I think I will leave for when the full scene is previewed.

I hope you will add a good lot ot walkers on Rome. It would be worng to make that incredible scene for only 10 NPCs

you can always use the trick of making NPC models that are "there" but you can't get near them for some reason.. a cart, a wall,  a group of "guards"... for example ,a mob  around  a talker on a pedestal... make the mob a static 3d model, and pout around it npc guards... then looks like  all are alive..

Roman Insula:

insulae5.jpg

insulae1.jpg

insulae2.jpg

insulae3.jpg

insulae4.jpg

Source research/inspiration:

insp1.jpg
insp2.jpg
insp3.jpg
insp4.jpg
insp5.jpg

Well at present pretty much anything I can do myself, or have scripts already done.

Though if you want to help, I can't remember right off where I need to go to edit the quantity of town walkers which spawn for each spawn point. So if you want to look around for that info in .py, or perhaps find relative info in the Forge, that would always help.

I can help you more than that. :wink:

Give MSN or Steam for ease communication via PM.

Just some small update:

Made some adjustments to the other Roman props previewed in this thread, shaving off 1k or more polies on the old insula models on inefficient facings. Trying to keep to a certain total polygon limit, and preserve the bulk of cost for the historical point models.

Made some more adjustments to the placing of the scene, and will be building the scene around the forum first, then do those unique forum models last. Though I might get the urge to make a few key models here or there which I may display. I'm thinking Forum of Nerva, or maybe new city icons with the other props I made.

ealabor said:
Just some small update:

Made some adjustments to the other Roman props previewed in this thread, shaving off 1k or more polies on the old insula models on inefficient facings. Trying to keep to a certain total polygon limit, and preserve the bulk of cost for the historical point models.

Made some more adjustments to the placing of the scene, and will be building the scene around the forum first, then do those unique forum models last. Though I might get the urge to make a few key models here or there which I may display. I'm thinking Forum of Nerva, or maybe new city icons with the other props I made.
That's great to hear! :grin:
Well done,and keep up good work :wink: !

Hey guys I am trying to make the interior of the Curia Julia, the seat of the Roman Senate :wink:!

It's still unpolished:
Interior:

1311092084-130.png

The Curia Julia nowadays on the Forum Romanum

curia01.JPG

An impression of what it had been like:

CuriaIulia_1_Inside_LoRes.jpg

By the way how many curule seats should I place. About 30?

Quintillius said:
Hey guys I am trying to make the interior of the Curia Julia, the seat of the Roman Senate :wink:!

It's still unpolished:
Interior:

Untitled_2.png

The Curia Julia nowadays on the Forum Romanum

curia01.JPG

An impression of what it had been like:

CuriaIulia_1_Inside_LoRes.jpg

By the way how many curule seats should I place. About 30?

Can't see it.

Back
Top Bottom