Rome - scene in progress (Poll added)

How should the defense scene of Rome be handled?

• Using the civic scene - Mainly a street fight in the core of Rome, with player using a few holdouts

Votes: 180 62.7%
  • A separate scene - Player starts defense at a section of the Servian Wall. Maximized defensive poten

Votes: 107 37.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Rome, the eternal city

Developement thread for the upcoming scene of Rome, in work for the mod Crisis of the Third Century .

Arch of Triumph - Septimius Severus

Arch_of_Septimius_Severus-Arch-image.jpg

Archl2.jpg

Archl1.jpg

Archl3.jpg

Archl4.jpg

arch1prev.jpg

Temple of Nerva

nervats2.jpg

nervat0.jpg

nervat1.jpg

nervat2.jpg

nervat4.jpg

nervat5.jpg

nervat7.jpg

nervat8.jpg

Tabularium

source.jpg

tabularium0.jpg

tabularium1.jpg

tabularium2.jpg

tabularium3.jpg

tabularium4.jpg

tabularium5.jpg

tabularium6.jpg

tabularium7.jpg

tabularium8.jpg

Alright I think i've got some decent references, so i'll start on these props.

The scene location will be different from the previous one I did, which was based near the Tiber. So I think I will go with a location that is in the center of a couple of the hills.

Hm, But what about scene props that are desplayed here - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,62577.0.html

Can't you use them? And I'm sure you used some references to make those...

martijntjeeh said:
Oh boy, it's like your starting all over again :sad: well atleast the outcome will be veeeeeeeeeeeery nice!

I know how you feel man. To be honest I just hope I get to play this before going off to uni next year, since after that it'll all be work, work, work (aka drinking, sex, partying)

trueten said:
Hm, But what about scene props that are desplayed here - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,62577.0.html

Can't you use them? And I'm sure you used some references to make those...

Yeah those are a little underdetailed.

The basic shape will be implemented into new structures though.

Great work on those buildings!  :mrgreen: , also when you come to make the city pack as many buildings into the city as you can - because Rome at its peak had over 1 million people in it (although this is 268bc so i might be getting mixed up :grin:)

My favourite thing about this mod is how you guys are so enthusiastic about the scenes within the game :smile:
To actually emerge yourself in the game world and explore it is the most important thing in my opinion (Its why my favourite Non-Warband mod is The Wedding Dance lol)
Many Ancient Rome mods dont seem to care about scenes much so thats why this is the only one i really really like :razz:

Gud goin ^.^

Looking great as always. I'm excited to see the finished screen shots but please take your time and don't burn yourself out.  :neutral:

I like the dirty walls, not some shiny, clean and white one's. Makes them look more ancient and realistic. But I wonder how would they look ingame.

Fantastic work as usual.

Great work on those! - they look like proper roman buildings (i love realism , which is why i cant wait for this mod!) :grin:

Back
Top Bottom