Rome - scene in progress (Poll added)

How should the defense scene of Rome be handled?

• Using the civic scene - Mainly a street fight in the core of Rome, with player using a few holdouts

Votes: 180 62.7%
  • A separate scene - Player starts defense at a section of the Servian Wall. Maximized defensive poten

Votes: 107 37.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

:wink: i know what you mean but how am i supposed to know. they dont say the color of the walls in books  :lol:...its something personal between us.

tenis15 said:
wasnt saying you were wrong or anything just saying they look the same on rome total war.

Oh ok sorry  :oops: and that's right every single castle or town has a same wall protection in RTW series...but i wouldn't like it in Hegemony 268.B.C. for Warband.

Its ok we all make mistakes anyway your correct and it would be cool to have all the cities look different in hegemony

tenis15 said:
Its ok we all make mistakes anyway your correct and it would be cool to have all the cities look different in hegemony

I think it is like that...can't wait to see the units for Warband version  :shock:

I know it is a bit late in coming and I don't know how anal you want to be about buildings, but I have photographs I took in May of '09 of the forum and surrounding area.  Of course what it looked like in the 3rd century B.C. is probably substantially different than the ruins would suggest.

These are of various buildings between the Forum and the Colosseum, primarily taken from Palatine Hill.  So, on inspecting a map, the colosseum is to the NE, the main road north, forums NW, with Palatine Hill to the south...and the Circus Maximus further south still (I could be wrong about that though).

From Palatine Hill towards Colosseum (NE?)
italy334.jpg

Same spot, facing north towards the road that runs from the Forum towards the Colosseum
italy333.jpg

Continued pan towards the NW and forum (can see previous building on right)
italy336.jpg

Slightly shifted photo location to west, looking back NE to show some of the ruins in the foreground, once again same building visible.
italy337.jpg

Looking north from this location at a building that is further west still towards the forum.
italy338.jpg

Switched positions, now at the location of previous photo and looking back at where I was (can see the balcony-esque section with people at top)
italy340.jpg

Building that was seen 2 pictures ago at the far left, looking at it from the SW.
italy341.jpg

One I almost forgot:  From Palatine Hill again, but can see the previous building towards the center and I think the ruins of the Forum at the area being blocked by the terrace on the left.
italy335.jpg

Next three are of the Forum ruins...not much to look at except the old hag in one of them, if you are into that.  :lol:  Last is from the NW looking SE to it.
italy343.jpg
italy344.jpg
italy345.jpg

These next two are taken from further NW still, on a slight rise in elevation, looking back SE towards the forum and my first location way in the top back.
italy348.jpg
italy349.jpg

Beyond these I have some photos of the ruins of Palatine Hill (which don't show much detail but it does show you the lay of the buildings and the scale), and the area of the Circus Maximus....which is just a grass area now, but shows the lay of the land in the area well.  Although it wasn't the same as in later periods, unlike the Colosseum I have read the Circus Maximus was the sight of sports since the time of the Roman Kings, several centuries before this mod....so it might be useful.  Let me know if you want me to post those too.  Regards.

Edit:  I see one photo isn't showing up, I will fix that when I get home later.

Edit X2:  Interesting, seems fixed and I didn't touch it....guess it was a hosting error.

How common would leather muscled cuirasses or tube and yoke armor be for the Romans? I've seen it a lot in Hollywood/TV productions but half of me figures it's laziness more than an attempt of accuracy.

Well for the period of the series id say it's off the tracks. Muscle cuirass in bronze sure. I just don't get the leather, and for sure that has to be hollywood.

There would be no sense in a patrician, or some other high social member to be sporting an armor with material that would not provide the best protection in battle.

Maybe for some sort of ceremonial role possibly, but i've never personally seen or heard of any accounts of such a leather cuirass armor existing for even that

Here is a statue of Julius Caesar, He appears to be wearing a similar outfit to the ones i showed.

This body armor looks leather, too much shape to it....im just guessing

Julius%20caesar%20statue%20II_small.jpg

Roosterman said:
Here is a statue of Julius Caesar, He appears to be wearing a similar outfit to the ones i showed.

This body armor looks leather, too much shape to it....im just guessing

Julius%20caesar%20statue%20II_small.jpg
No, look at the chest, looks more bronze-ish to me.

Hi, am looking forward to this mod, I suggest you help with information, my name is Cyril I of Russia, I am reenactors Roman Empire, now the site www.legvmac.ru

ganmenate said:
Hi, am looking forward to this mod, I suggest you help with information, my name is Cyril I of Russia, I am reenactors Roman Empire, now the site www.legvmac.ru

К сожалению, не владеющих русским языком.

No, I'm not Russian. Thank you Google translate.

Back
Top Bottom