Morality

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because CJ locked the other thread, this is where the discussion about morality will continue. I'm afraid I will have to delay my response until next week, as I will be largely absent for the holiday except for the occasional WW post. I just wanted to post this to assure Lueii that I am interested in continuing the discussion, and have a good deal to say. Wishing you all the best.

Magorian Aximand said:
Because CJ locked the other thread, this is where the discussion about morality will continue. I'm afraid I will have to delay my response until next week, as I will be largely absent for the holiday except for the occasional WW post. I just wanted to post this to assure Lueii that I am interested in continuing the discussion, and have a good deal to say. Wishing you all the best.

headuparse2.jpg

He has established something of an ego, but it's not like anyone here discourages that ego. Except for you, Valmy, but you're a bit of twat, so it's not like it matters.

I'm calling all of these computer-chair philosophers as I see them; Starbucks frappucino-drinking intelligentsia with their heads in their upper intestines.

If that makes me a fool, then I'm fine with it.

You could say so in hindsight seeing as almost everything he claimed was wrong.

You can just say foolishness if you want to, gets the point across more clearly.

Though I don't really see where this is going.

BattleOfValmy said:
I'm calling all of these computer-chair philosophers as I see them; Starbucks frappucino-drinking intelligentsia with their heads in their upper intestines.

First of all, I can't afford Starbucks.

Secondly, if you don't have anything to contribute, kindly refrain from posting.

BattleOfValmy said:

:lol:

Huh-hu. Because you are clearly better placed to judge other people's validity?

Magorian has already proven time and again that he is more than capable of making a rational argument, based on research and actual deduction. Just because you've seen morons debating things they don't understand does not mean everyone on here are too.

You're an idiot.

BattleOfValmy said:
Nah, intelligent people realise that a pot of coffee that's been around for three hours is not "fresh" in any sense of the term.

Now run along and play with the rest of the children while the adults talk, there's a good chap.

Magorian Aximand said:
BattleOfValmy said:

First of all, I can't afford Starbucks.

Secondly, if you don't have anything to contribute, kindly refrain from posting.

I'm contributing a challenge to your need to wax philosophic.

kiarj said:
BattleOfValmy said:

:lol:

Huh-hu. Because you are clearly better placed to judge other people's validity?

Magorian has already proven time and again that he is more than capable of making a rational argument, based on research and actual deduction. Just because you've seen morons debating things they don't understand does not mean everyone on here are too.

You're an idiot.

I never said he was an idiot, in fact I said he was like an intelligentsia in one of my posts.

The intelligentsia (from Russian[1][2] интеллигенция, Russian pronunciation: [ɪntʲɪlʲɪɡʲentsɨjɐ]; from Latin: intelligentia) is a social class of people engaged in complex, mental and creative labor directed to the development and dissemination of culture, encompassing intellectuals and social groups close to them (e.g., artists and school teachers). Initially the term was applied mostly in the context of Russia and later Soviet Union, and had a narrower meaning based on a self-definition of a certain category of intellectuals.

My point was, however, that the sort of intelligentsia that exist in America and other first world countries today are completely products of decadence, pretentiousness and an ultra-liberal attitude. They don't help anyone, they just sit around and talk.

Archonsod said:
BattleOfValmy said:
Nah, intelligent people realise that a pot of coffee that's been around for three hours is not "fresh" in any sense of the term.

Now run along and play with the rest of the children while the adults talk, there's a good chap.

You call me a child, yet doing that is a completely ad hominem attack... which is something children do. Ironic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom