SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Have the tournaments changed so they can be won at early levels now? Previously the leaders with legendary like armour were always in them and were undefeatable. Otherwise are the sea caravans still going to be on the coast so you can attack from land? (without hurting faction rep)
And can we have a screenshot of the entire world map in it's current state? =D so freaking excited!

Tournaments will still be hard, these leaders are often legends of the old world and should rightly beat a low level player although they are not unbeatable by any means. It depends on the weapons you get and the tactics you use. You do get more reward than native in warsword for winning and you can always get a good armour yourself. There are only a small number of lords who have an armour rating higher than anything you can buy in the armourer.

Extradaemon: Things are going well and we are adding more content day by day. There are still things to do and issues to solves and there is a chance we will not be able to release exactly on schedule but any delay should not be too long.

I know tournaments are winnable, mainly mid to late game, but in the early game it feels the only way to gain money (once the random rabble can out run you) is raiding the sea caravans on the coast, save up for your own ship and then hunt other sea caravans around the map

Hi All

I'm sorry to say that we may have to release the mod a few days later than planned as we are trying to get rid of some bugs we have found.

Sorry about this we will get the mod to you as soon as we can.

In order to ease the waiting ->

"Stiffen the Sinews, summon the blood, disguise fair nature with hard - favoured rage and imitate the actions of the Leopard!"
—Battlecry of the Leopard Legion

ug_dF.png

Dragour said:
I know tournaments are winnable, mainly mid to late game, but in the early game it feels the only way to gain money (once the random rabble can out run you) is raiding the sea caravans on the coast, save up for your own ship and then hunt other sea caravans around the map

Trading can be good in the early game and the bandit parties have some high level troops which make good prisoners and they drop food/goods too which can be sold. There are tougher bandit parties as well now which will not flee from a competent army. In the early game I tend to hunt bandits or choose a faction to stalk and pick off their war patrols and weak lords for prisoners and loot. On the other hand you get more money from the start in this version of warsword. There are some character creation choices which means you can start off with enough money to buy a great piece of equipment or some tough mercenaries.

Count of Flanders said:
In order to ease the waiting ->

"Stiffen the Sinews, summon the blood, disguise fair nature with hard - favoured rage and imitate the actions of the Leopard!"
—Battlecry of the Leopard Legion

ug_dF.png

Great work Count  :grin: really nice.

I have a question 'bout dwarves and goblins, do they have own body model or are they usin' same models as native's body model/skeleton?
Especially dwarves, are they short, bulky and fat or just skinny?

hopefully the dwarfs have a more lorefitting figure, I noticed they looked a tad different from the base human body back in old screenshots but I wasn't 100% sure.

Here's hoping we get somehting that fits how they are depicted and is more fitting

(along these lines - Very stocky, wide, beard's that essentially reach to their belt or lower etc.)

Like this
1600x872_10535_Dwarf_2d_fantasy_character_concept_art_dwarf_warhammer_warrior_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Or this

2RMD0Mp.jpg

Just a quick question. Will you be able to buy the witch elf armour in the game to equip companions and your self? Also are they fairly easy to find unit wise. Would love to make a band of all female death machines.

Drewan said:
hopefully the dwarfs have a more lorefitting figure, I noticed they looked a tad different from the base human body back in old screenshots but I wasn't 100% sure.

Here's hoping we get somehting that fits how they are depicted and is more fitting

Me too, they look a bit funky in earlier screenshots.

Sloth said:
I have a question 'bout dwarves and goblins, do they have own body model or are they usin' same models as native's body model/skeleton?
Especially dwarves, are they short, bulky and fat or just skinny?

The Dwarves and goblins have their own body models as do most of the races in the mod.

The Dwarves are a bit bulky and shorter to best we can get them with the mount and blade engine.

soulshard said:
Just a quick question. Will you be able to buy the witch elf armour in the game to equip companions and your self? Also are they fairly easy to find unit wise. Would love to make a band of all female death machines.

Witch Elves will be in the dark elf taverns for players to hire we thought it best to separate them from the dark elf troop tree and their armours can be found in the dark elf armour sellers.

Back
Top Bottom