SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks for your comments therex55213.

There are no plans to have the magic items vendors restock with different items but we plan to put in more magic items than we have had before so hopefully they won't run out so quickly.

I haven't played the phantasy mod, it sounds class but there are no plans to put magic in warsword at the moment. I am hoping to include magic items which give boosts to skills and attributes in the next release. We are eager to push towards release although we still have a fair bit to do so any major new features like that, if we ever decide to go for them will have to be for the future.

Nameless Warrior said:
I haven't played the phantasy mod, it sounds class but there are no plans to put magic in warsword at the moment.

I mentioned Phantasy mod's magic because, on the main page of the site I downloaded the demo version from, Horla had mentioned in a list of upcoming features "Necromancy rules and Regeneration for the Trolls/those who eat Troll flesh". From this I assumed there were going to be more magic features than just those two things in specific, and seeing as Phantasy mod has handled enchanted items and necromancy as well as other magic in a very efficient way, I figured I point you guys in that direction. I apologize for assuming wrong.

therex55213 said:
Nameless Warrior said:
I haven't played the phantasy mod, it sounds class but there are no plans to put magic in warsword at the moment.

I mentioned Phantasy mod's magic because, on the main page of the site I downloaded the demo version from, Horla had mentioned in a list of upcoming features "Necromancy rules and Regeneration for the Trolls/those who eat Troll flesh". From this I assumed there were going to be more magic features than just those two things in specific, and seeing as Phantasy mod has handled enchanted items and necromancy as well as other magic in a very efficient way, I figured I point you guys in that direction. I apologize for assuming wrong.

No need to apologise, we appreciate recommendations from players. Plus it was a fair assumption to make considering the front page of modddb. The front page is a bit misleading for which we apologise, it is highly unlikely that necromancy or regeneration will be part of this mod release. Del will make an update on there soon to clarify exactly what to expect with the next release. 

Hey guys, I was wondering if there's been any talks about adding Vampire Counts? Definitely my favorite fantasy army and I wanted to hear the developers thoughts on them.

Hi Miskatonic81

We are not planning to add Vampire Counts to the mod for the next release sorry but there will be the odd Vampire Counts type skeletons as bandits on the map.

Ohh man!  I am so excited to see that y'all are still hard at work on this mod!  The new troops and locations y'all have previewed in the last few pages are just plain beautiful!  I've been playing the Preview mod for a while now, and I have been absolutely blown away.  This is, without a doubt, one of the coolest games I've ever played, and I can't even begin to imagine the work that went into it.  You've already got so much depth and so much cool stuff in the Preview that the next iteration must be truly mind-blowing!  I cannot WAIT to get my hands on a complete version with all the new races and troops.  As it is, I would gladly have bought a game much like this mod and been quite content, so the thought of getting even more awesomeness is amazing!

Thank y'all for all of your hard work.  It is truly appreciated and admired!

BentonGrey said:
Ohh man!  I am so excited to see that y'all are still hard at work on this mod!  The new troops and locations y'all have previewed in the last few pages are just plain beautiful!  I've been playing the Preview mod for a while now, and I have been absolutely blown away.  This is, without a doubt, one of the coolest games I've ever played, and I can't even begin to imagine the work that went into it.  You've already got so much depth and so much cool stuff in the Preview that the next iteration must be truly mind-blowing!  I cannot WAIT to get my hands on a complete version with all the new races and troops.  As it is, I would gladly have bought a game much like this mod and been quite content, so the thought of getting even more awesomeness is amazing!

Thank y'all for all of your hard work.  It is truly appreciated and admired!

I read this with the thickest Southern drawl I could imagine. haha

How's the scene modelling going? A few weeks/months ago you were advertising for modellers, has it gone alright?

Ha!  Sorry to disappoint, but my accent is pretty slight. My wife has a lovely southern drawl, though. :wink:

Ohh, I do have a question for the team, though.  It may have already been addressed, and if so, I apologize.  Will the army tree of the Lizardmen be expanded any in the update?  If not, that's quite okay, as they are quite awesome already, but I must say I'm curious because of the note about triceratops riders on the first page. :smile:

BentonGrey said:
Ha!  Sorry to disappoint, but my accent is pretty slight. My wife has a lovely southern drawl, though. :wink:

Ohh, I do have a question for the team, though.  It may have already been addressed, and if so, I apologize.  Will the army tree of the Lizardmen be expanded any in the update?  If not, that's quite okay, as they are quite awesome already, but I must say I'm curious because of the note about triceratops riders on the first page. :smile:

Hi Benton Grey. There are no plans for the Lizardman tree to be expanded, the triceratops is the mount used by the Old bloods, they are too powerful to be a rank and file mount.

Just askin' how far are you from completing and releasing the mod? I'm not asking the release date but is there lot work to do or somethin'?

Nameless Warrior said:
Hi Benton Grey. There are no plans for the Lizardman tree to be expanded, the triceratops is the mount used by the Old bloods, they are too powerful to be a rank and file mount.

Thanks for the answer, NW!  Ohh, I don't think I'd noticed that yet.  Neat!

I will post this weekend of news on a release date and the final features list of the mod  :grin:

Hi all we will be releasing Warsword Conquest full version on or around the easter weekend so about the 20th of april.
  This date depends on if we get the mod finished on time and the mod is fully tested but all looks good for that date
  so far.

The main features of the mod are as follows.

13 factions to join or fight these are :-
Empire, Lizardmen, Tomb Kings, Badlands Goblins, Pirates, Orc, Dwarfs, Bretonnia, Chaos,
Dark Elves, High Elves, Araby and Skaven.
Every faction has tons of new armours, items, mounts which you can buy from merchants.
Each faction has its own troop types and lords which are close to their warhammer armies.
Big monsters to hire or fight including Trolls, Ratogres, Ogres, kroxigors and Ushabti.

The ability to become a player character of every faction race in the game.
All new character creation system, bring a warhammer background to your character.
Item Race Restrictions, Player can only wear items which relate to their race.
The player has the chance to obtain magical weapons and armour for themselves.

New map of the old world.
Start on map straight away no starting fight or mission.
Visit, destroy or take over a total of 33 Towns, 58 castles, 138 villages.
All new bandits including Beastmen, Night Goblins and Undead.
Large bandit armies of renegade mercenaries and night goblins on the map.
More than twice the number of bandit parties.

Factionalized merchants now sell race related items.
Factionalized mercenaries, each faction will have a pool of different mercenaries to hire.
All new mercenaries including Ogre Leadbelcher, Alcatani Fellowship, Braganzas Besieger, Tichi Huichi Raiders
Mengils Manflayer, Night Goblins, Witch Elves and many more.
28 new companions to hire.
Sell prisoners to tavernkeeper.
Revamped tournaments with special tournament characters and teams.

Faction patrols around their lands.
Each town and village has correct walkers for faction.
Factionalized Farmers and village defenders, now correct for faction
Villages now produce recruits of owner faction and changes recruit type when taken over.
All new scenes to bring the warhammer world alive.
Ablity to change player kingdom troop race when you own a kingdom.

Join any battle and choose what side to fight on.
Freelancer mod, join a lords army.
Death cam and battle continues.
Sea Battles and Sea Bandits.
Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment.
Troop Formations.

And much more.

Back
Top Bottom