SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi there,

thanks for the quick reply! I actually had the same idea as you, and started a new game when I installed the bugfix and again on Jarl's submod. No dice, sadly! :oops:

Bisaltes said:
Hi there,

thanks for the quick reply! I actually had the same idea as you, and started a new game when I installed the bugfix and again on Jarl's submod. No dice, sadly! :oops:

Ok....let's exclude what it surely isn't caused by:

- no savefiles compatibility issue
- no version issue (I'm playing on the latest Warband version from always and never had a problem)

Maybe you had messed up things installing the bugfix or the submod....you could try making a fresh install of the mod by steps (first the Beta, control that it's all right, bugfix, new game and control, submod, new game and contol) to determine at which point things start go derpy.

Write back the results :wink:

Hey,

we all know about the truce bug and how its solved (apparently) but this solution does not work for me, its still the same. Any suggestions?

SamQuest said:
Hey,

we all know about the truce bug and how its solved (apparently) but this solution does not work for me, its still the same. Any suggestions?

If you applied the fixed simple_triggers.txt it should be fixed upon starting a new game.

If you are continuing and old game it should work but you might have to give it quite a lot of in-game time before all the current truces and whatnot expires.

Thank you for your reply I didnt notice that there was a submod out there adding and fixing stuff thanks mate! I changed the first instance of 384 into 24 in simple_triggers myself and it didnt work out, now I applied your submod, but I havent had the chance to check if it works for me. The only thing I noticed is that the Female Nobles of the dark elves are all bald, dont know if thats normal.

SamQuest said:
Thank you for your reply I didnt notice that there was a submod out there adding and fixing stuff thanks mate! I changed the first instance of 384 into 24 in simple_triggers myself and it didnt work out, now I applied your submod, but I havent had the chance to check if it works for me. The only thing I noticed is that the Female Nobles of the dark elves are all bald, dont know if thats normal.

The "baldness curse" got you....start a new game and check if it still persists.

polloio said:

- no version issue (I'm playing on the latest Warband version from always and never had a problem)

Maybe you had messed up things installing the bugfix or the submod....you could try making a fresh install of the mod by steps (first the Beta, control that it's all right, bugfix, new game and control, submod, new game and contol) to determine at which point things start go derpy.

Heya :smile:

Well, I tried a fresh install and had the same issues at each stage; out of paranoia, I downloaded fresh copies of _everything_, reinstalled, and problem solved  :party: I can only guess I had a corrupted file somewhere.

Many thanks for taking the time to help :smile:

Bisaltes said:
polloio said:

Heya :smile:

Well, I tried a fresh install and had the same issues at each stage; out of paranoia, I downloaded fresh copies of _everything_, reinstalled, and problem solved  :party: I can only guess I had a corrupted file somewhere.

Many thanks for taking the time to help :smile:

No problem, I'm happy that you're finally able to play!

One last thing, HAVE FUN!!! :wink:

I'm lucky that I never had the baldness curse.(Only sometimes in owned businesses before they started to operate).

What I had is that once the Empire + Dwarfs killed the Orcs, but they never got defeated.(They had no fiefs, castles, towns).
But I took a random city from the Goblins(one they took from the Dwarfs, can't recall the name). It was their last city, and they got defeated soon after.

Also I can't find the prisons to some cities.

metalmariolord said:
I'm lucky that I never had the baldness curse.(Only sometimes in owned businesses before they started to operate).

What I had is that once the Empire + Dwarfs killed the Orcs, but they never got defeated.(They had no fiefs, castles, towns).
But I took a random city from the Goblins(one they took from the Dwarfs, can't recall the name). It was their last city, and they got defeated soon after.

Also I can't find the prisons to some cities.

Are you playing as an Orc/Orc's Lord?

Yes, some scenes have to be explored a bit to find everything, try to always look around the castle/town hall/main building  :wink:

If anything, single-handedly sacking villages is totally lore friendly to something a deposed Orc boss would do.  :fruity:

But yeah... because they are nigh-impossible to catch due to their "one-man party uber speed" it should probably be fixed as it gets highly annoying in the end...

Lilly112 said:
This is a great mod. Especially after figuring out you need to install the bug fix to stop the sub-mod randomizing claim over the towns....

The mod and the submod developements are completely unrelated, you can't blame the mod for not working well with an external component as the submod is :smile:

polloio said:
Lilly112 said:
This is a great mod. Especially after figuring out you need to install the bug fix to stop the sub-mod randomizing claim over the towns....

The mod and the submod developements are completely unrelated, you can't blame the mod for not working well with an external component as the submod is :smile:

They work perfectly fine, but the order of installation is critical.

>Base mod
>Official bugfix
>Sub-mod

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Hey, if you can make a proper 3d model and texture for Lizardmen I can make various armors&bodies(with other colors) much better than what you already have.

But I need a better Lizardman 3d model.

I will try and make a new lizardmen base model when I get time to do one as at the moment I'm still adding new stuff to the mod, if there is any other race you would like to work on in the mean time let me know  :wink:

Birger Jarl said:
polloio said:
Lilly112 said:

They work perfectly fine, but the order of installation is critical.

>Base mod
>Official bugfix
>Sub-mod

I know it, because I played your submod, and I wasn't saying anything bad on your work. I was saying that his complaint had no foundations at all, without any hate for everyone :grin:

I will try and make a new lizardmen base model when I get time to do one as at the moment I'm still adding new stuff to the mod, if there is any other race you would like to work on in the mean time let me know  :wink:

Yeah Great! ThaneWulfgarns work is really amazing!
I still hope he has interest to texture up some other stuff of this mod.

Back
Top Bottom