SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

There  are some other things I can try but befor I do a question...

Should there be correct graphics to the factions on the custom battle screen? Can any of you have a custom battle or does that not work too well either for anyone? (Just wanted to see if custom battle success is an indication of whether things should work or not!)

Yes and no - it works in the sense that it plays without errors, it doesn't work in the sense that the units are all messed up (it introduces various vanilla troops into the mix and the Orcs don't get any other units than some weird one called "Player" which is a naked human).

Okay - I won't look at that as a benchmark of if something is working or bit...

I took the time to look at some other mods to compare functionality:  the Japanese one gukogenki (or something!) works fine... And funnily enough the warsword preview is good too! Not a problem in the slightest as far as I can tell - sounds and everything in the MacBook Pro.

*maybe* it's raw power when it comes to running the mod files in warsword - but some of the other ones have pretty large files too... 

Will continue to play and see!

I've been watching a couple of playthroughs of the mod for a bit now, and I imagine this has been addressed already(sorry if its a "here we go again" scenario), but I have to say, the balance issues are bad. I can understand that the way its been done is to imitate what you'd expect from units in the TT, but still, its just that certain factions are seemingly OP.

Borosev said:
I've been watching a couple of playthroughs of the mod for a bit now, and I imagine this has been addressed already(sorry if its a "here we go again" scenario), but I have to say, the balance issues are bad. I can understand that the way its been done is to imitate what you'd expect from units in the TT, but still, its just that certain factions are seemingly OP.

I wouldn't worry about it too much right now. The mod is still a WIP; many issues will be addressed in the next releases and there's always editor to modify unit stats anyway  :wink:

Hello guys,

Firstly, I love this mod, congratz to the developers.

Secondly, I would like to know why can´t I select warhammer factions in custom battle mode. Empire seems to work fine, but Tomb kings are a mixture of khemri undead warriors and guys on horses. I also tried the lizardmen and the dark elves; the only thing that spawned was a bunch of naked people.

If you are not going to fix this in the near future, as I suspect, I would like for somebody to please tell me how to replace the units that spawn in custom battle (native, warsword, idc...) with warhammer units, preferrably being able to select warhammer factions and heroes, too.

I don´t think it´ll be too complicated, right? I´ve been searching over the Internet, but didn´t find any solution.

Thank you in advance :smile:

Ridiculous speed + highest hp of all standard mount, don't tell me that little piece of meat is tougher than a Cold One or a Necroserpent.

That shouldn't be, I just read their stats (on the table top), basically they're super fast and pretty strong, but aren't tougher than a human, 360hp makes absolutely no sense.

For that matter, orcs are really well armored, with Black Orcs having better armor than Greatsword, whereas it should the contrary...

Bobtheheros said:
That shouldn't be, I just read their stats (on the table top), basically they're super fast and pretty strong, but aren't tougher than a human, 360hp makes absolutely no sense.

Dunno, they are super speedy so if you do score a hit on them you will get a pretty whooping damage bonus - that might be the reason they were given so much health.

I did about 170 with a greatsword.

Close but not quite half their hp, I've lowered it to 150 and its much more manageable, they can get gunned down, if you're really lucky but they still 1 hit pretty much everything with their couched lances.

I just noticed that I lowered them to 200 in my sub-mod, so apparently I found it ridiculous at one point as well!  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom