SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

who did the work on the custom settlements? i just had a wander around skavenblight and was massivly impressed with it. was not expecting what i saw!
cheers

leonn said:
who did the work on the custom settlements? i just had a wander around skavenblight and was massivly impressed with it. was not expecting what i saw!
cheers

Captain Melon did some of them. Not sure if he did Skavenblight though, but I know he did the orcy stuff. Waaagh!!!

I know it's a known issue but I've not been able to find any kind of fix for it, all my tournament medals (also the shields) have the 'cracked' condition and don't seem to count as being medals at all as far as the wizards are concerned.

Also ran into a couple of amusing bugs with the woodelf follower Scarloc.

1- it seems that after recruiting him he'll follow me into taverns and cities, even into solo encounters like ambushes which is kinda handy but not castles oddly enough. I suppose he trusts the nobility to treat me well.
2- after a battle Scarloc started one of those follower interaction spiels, but was talking about himself, he said stuff along the lines of 'that Scarloc is a woman of the sea and she always will be, her life has been tough and I can respect that' he was the only hero party member I had at the time so maybe that had something to do with it.

Neverborn said:
I know it's a known issue but I've not been able to find any kind of fix for it, all my tournament medals (also the shields) have the 'cracked' condition and don't seem to count as being medals at all as far as the wizards are concerned.

Also ran into a couple of amusing bugs with the woodelf follower Scarloc.

1- it seems that after recruiting him he'll follow me into taverns and cities, even into solo encounters like ambushes which is kinda handy but not castles oddly enough. I suppose he trusts the nobility to treat me well.
2- after a battle Scarloc started one of those follower interaction spiels, but was talking about himself, he said stuff along the lines of 'that Scarloc is a woman of the sea and she always will be, her life has been tough and I can respect that' he was the only hero party member I had at the time so maybe that had something to do with it.

The medals is a weird one, I could see no reason why it is doing that but I have changed the tag to "well made" medals which is not so bad. The Scarloc ego thing  :lol: is fixed.

Hey, Nameless. Are there any plans to create a more "lore friendly" diplomacy? Right now the Empire reminds me too much of good ol´ Swadia from vanilla. Everybody wants a piece of them.

Articulo34 said:
Hey, Nameless. Are there any plans to create a more "lore friendly" diplomacy? Right now the Empire reminds me too much of good ol´ Swadia from vanilla. Everybody wants a piece of them.

There have been a lot of call for diplomacy and I can understand why but we have lots to put in before we look at changing the diplomacy side. It is something I am sure we will get to but not for some considerable time.

Ok, thanks. It´s a shame there is no easy way to do simple things like preventing one faction from declaring war on another. Blocking the Empire, Elves, Dwarfs and Bretonnians from declaring war on each other would be great.

Is the Empire going to war with the Bretonnia that unrealistic? I always thought that their relationship was quite frosty although I have not read much about it.

I rarely see the others you listed going to war although I have once or twice. The introduction of some more factions should make those wars even less likely.

Nameless Warrior said:
Is the Empire going to war with the Bretonnia that unrealistic? I always thought that their relationship was quite frosty although I have not read much about it.

I rarely see the others you listed going to war although I have once or twice. The introduction of some more factions should make those wars even less likely.
Frosty? Yes. Backstabbing? No. During Storm of Chaos there were talks among Bretonnian nobles about leaving the Empire to their fate at the hands of Chaos and just focus on their own defenses, so having them ignore the Empire in their wars it´s fine.
But for them to declare war on the Empire while they are trying to fend of Chaos, Orcs, Goblins and/or Skaven it´s too much.

Nameless, any thoughts on the idea of combining the Orcs and Gobbos into one faction? That might help balance out things since

a. Orc units are somewhat lacking, while Gobbos can actually stomp da stunties.
b. It would solve the problem with the Orcs generally having too many lords, and not enough fiefs as well as having their territory essentially split up with the dörfs in the middle of it...

has anyone pwnd the whole map yet? im about 2/3 the way through now with the dark elves with only the high/dark elves and the lizards to go who are being a pain in the butt

There are no current plans to combine the factions.

Orc infantry has been buffed and the issue where their top tier troop is not on the troop tree has been fixed as well. We are also looking to give them more fiefs and war parties in the next update as well. This should help as long with the changes to the dwarf line. I started a new game and the Orcs took Karak Kadrin and held it for over 100 days before the Dwarves fought back with a little help from me, this is before new fiefs and war parties have been implemented.

Nameless Warrior said:
There are no current plans to combine the factions.

Orc infantry has been buffed and the issue where their top tier troop is not on the troop tree has been fixed as well. We are also looking to give them more fiefs and war parties in the next update as well. This should help as long with the changes to the dwarf line. I started a new game and the Orcs took Karak Kadrin and held it for over 100 days before the Dwarves fought back with a little help from me, this is before new fiefs and war parties have been implemented.

Awww... Ever since WAR Online I just can't imagine one without the other; orcs as the brawn and gobbos as the brains!  :cry:

The fixes sounds great, though. I once buffed Orcs so much that they beat anyone in combat easily, yet due to their economic/geographical disadvantage they still lost in the grand scheme of things. More fiefs as well as patrols (yay!) is exactly I feel they need!  :wink:

Oh and if it is not too much to ask: Here is a .rar of my latest tweaks to the mod.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/tjk0xu

If you're not too busy, I'd love to hear your thoughts on them; especially the retextures I've made for Khorne units - as someone with no artistic talent whatsoever, I am sort of proud of how they turned out in the end.

Articulo34 said:
Nameless Warrior said:

Frosty? Yes. Backstabbing? No. During Storm of Chaos there were talks among Bretonnian nobles about leaving the Empire to their fate at the hands of Chaos and just focus on their own defenses, so having them ignore the Empire in their wars it´s fine.
But for them to declare war on the Empire while they are trying to fend of Chaos, Orcs, Goblins and/or Skaven it´s too much.

That's actually quite wrong. Bretonnia has a lot of fortress protecting their frontier with the Empire, and they have been on talks about invading the Empire or Preventing invasions. Also after the Storm of Chaos ended a lot of the North ended up as a sort of Bretonnian Protectorate since they had the army to cover those places, since the Empire was devastated enormously. That's why they didn't continue the timeline there, the Empire is barely a husk of what they used to be, or atleast half the size now, and Kislev might or might not exist anymore. That's without mentioning that there's no real alliance or bonds between the nations, like the Empire with the Dwarves, or Bretonnia with Dwarves. They might go full Araby and invade.

Floriano said:
That's actually quite wrong. Bretonnia has a lot of fortress protecting their frontier with the Empire, and they have been on talks about invading the Empire or Preventing invasions. Also after the Storm of Chaos ended a lot of the North ended up as a sort of Bretonnian Protectorate since they had the army to cover those places, since the Empire was devastated enormously. That's why they didn't continue the timeline there, the Empire is barely a husk of what they used to be, or atleast half the size now, and Kislev might or might not exist anymore. That's without mentioning that there's no real alliance or bonds between the nations, like the Empire with the Dwarves, or Bretonnia with Dwarves. They might go full Araby and invade.
Might is a big word here. And anyway, as far as I know, Bretonnia hasn´t pulled a Grimgor on the Empire yet. Protectorate in the north or not.

I like Bretannia. If a peasant as much as speak up against the nobility he gets beaten.

and his family gets beaten.

and his friends get beaten.

and his pets get beaten.

Charlemagne would be proud.

I think that leaving the campaign map a.i. to do it's own thing without forced scripting would be for the best. Just look at the Clash of Kings mod, the map can become so repetitive when it's always the same nations fighting eachother.

Back
Top Bottom