Native OSP Sounds [B] Ambient Soundtrack Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

DOWNLOAD

Description:
A soundtrack that replaces the music with ambient sounds of nature and some human activity,
such as wind, birds and other animal sounds. During battle there is mostly wind of varying degree
and when travelling on the overland map there are birds, crickets, sheep etc. All kept subtle.

How to install:
This soundtrack replaces the original soundtrack. So make a backup if you wish to keep it.
Place the new tracks in the music folder in the Warband directory and click 'yes' to overwriting.

Technical info:
Composed, produced and recorded with Cubase, using:
royalty free samples/soundeffects by:
www.soundsnap.com,
a sample by TheWitcher
and a few personal recordings.

Recorded in ogg. vorbis format 32 bit 44.100 khz. Stereo.

Sound quality of samples varies...

Credits:
TheWitcher for ideas and some sound effects.
Rejenorst Media for vocals in taverns and arena tracks.
Kenoxite for critical feedback and suggestions.

NB: A version for the original Mount&Blade is also available here.

On a sidenote I will strongly recommend the SoundRound-ing mod. A brilliant, detailed ambient sounds mod.

Finally I was able to try this new version. A bit late, I know :razz:

Great stuff, as always, and good to have it for the latest version of Warband. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it work properly (probably due to my own incompetence), so I used it through the Scaedumar Mod.

And, know what, I've also tweaked some of your tracks for my personal use. It's mostly a test of an old idea about having mostly ambient sound but with a few medieval music here and there where it might feel appropriate. I've wanted to have your background sound actually on the foreground here, while the music I've inserted playing a bit muted (in most tracks), mostly to help avoiding getting too much obnoxious. Down there there are a few samples, just in case you're curious about all this. You'll notice it's mainly centered around swadians, but that's because most of my collection is mainly western music to begin with and suits this faction best.

• menu: Passameze, Gallarde - by New London Consort, Philip Pickett, from Michael Praetoruius - Dances From Terpsichore
  • travel_neutral: La Manfredina/La Rotta - by Instanpitta. from Let the Dance Begin
  • tavern_1: Coda - by The Martin Best Medieval Ensemble, from Songs of Chivalry
  • town_swadian: Passameze pour les cornetz - by New London Consort, Philip Pickett, from Michael Praetoruius - Dances From Terpsichore
  • lords_hall_swadian: O voy (instrumental) - by Juan Román, from El Cancionero de Palacio (The Palacio song book): Music at the courts of Ferdinand II of Catalonia-Aragon and Isabel I of Castille
  • fight_1: Danza Alta (instrumental) - by Francisco de la Torre, from El Cancionero de Palacio (The Palacio song book): Music at the courts of Ferdinand II of Catalonia-Aragon and Isabel I of Castille
Weird, huh? :smile:

Oh, and tried SoundRound-ing already, good stuff also. Although I must confess I still prefer your more naturalistic approach to this sound ambient thing.

Nice. That's late medieval - or even renaissance music. Fits well with several mods, like Eagle and the Radiant Cross, Knights the Last Battle a.o.
If copyright laws let you, you could release it. I'm sure some would be interested.  :smile:

I have had complaints about the cricket sounds. Some think it's 'hissy'/metallic (tracks like travel_nord and town_neutral).
Feedback is welcome, especially from anyone with decent sound equipment.
The sample itself is fine quality so I'm not sure what is wrong. I don't hear it.

Adorno said:
Nice. That's late medieval - or even renaissance music. Fits well with several mods, like Eagle and the Radiant Cross, Knights the Last Battle a.o.
In my defense, it was difficult enough trying to find the ones that fit both the theme and the length of the tracks, as I didn't want to alter the txt, so all that was medieval enough went in there.

And, anyway, tEatRC is actually very well served with ToonKnight's soundtrack, which I find suits that particular mod better (in the sense that it's more actiony-cartoony than anything else, at least to my eyes).

If copyright laws let you, you could release it. I'm sure some would be interested.  :smile:
I hope no-one is  :lol:
Nah, really, this was just to share with you some stuff I've made with your work, and it's entirely for myself. Well, not even that, as I've become tired of it already and went back to just the wind and the birds. Also, I don't have the will to hunt down all those guys for permission. Which brings up a question: Would that be really necessary, anyway? Other mods from other games have copyrighted tracks and no-one seems to care. One of the most obvious is the Fall From Heaven II mod for Civ4, where half their soundtrack is from the band Arcana, without their permission up to this day AFAIK -they had it for Nox Arcana, though.

I have had complaints about the cricket sounds. Some think it's 'hissy'/metallic (tracks like travel_nord and town_neutral).
The sample itself is fine quality so I'm not sure what is wrong. I don't hear it.
I can't help you here. The birds chirping in battle and the volume of your heartbeat were the peaks of my constructive criticism for this mod. Right now I'm more than happy with what you've released.

Adorno said:

This is indeed great work, but I do agree about the "hissiness", it does get a little bit wearing after a while. I think it's partly because of the consistency of the pitch. It may even be an idea to splash in some background music (Not like an actual piece of music over the top, but some kind of music being played it taverns/ around the towns or something like that, some war drums and chants in the nordic towns would especially great), in the same vein as the fellow above did.

EveryoneIsAJerk said:
It may even be an idea to splash in some background music (Not like an actual piece of music over the top, but some kind of music being played it taverns/ around the towns or something like that, some war drums and chants in the nordic towns would especially great), in the same vein as the fellow above did.

I think you should give SoundRound-ing a try, as Adorno suggests on the first post. It's quite close to what you are talking about there.

:oops: Just discovered a patch for the sound addon for Floris 2.41, and then wanted to give a try in this "Ambient Soundtrack" and after copiing them files where needed, i discover i have .mp3 in it so cant replace with those .ogg....thats really .odd and disapointing!
Dunno if i can reencode them in mp3 or just supress the mp3s so the game plays the oggs...
AND dont want to mess this wonderfull game again! (have enought experience in modulable games messing!)
Any idea would be wellcome! (pm + answer here?)

Quite the bump here, but will this mod get updated? I love using it for Singpleplayer but i would like some more addition to Multiplayer? In multiplayer pretty much all you can hear is the wind and sometimes breathing, and thats about it..

Back
Top Bottom