Die2Nite

Users who are viewing this thread

Since there's no topic for it.

Taalen said:
There's another game somewhat similar to Urban Dead you guys might be interested in. Currently in closed beta, so you need an invitation code. There are quite a few available online, though, and I have a couple if someone's interested.

Die2Nite, www.die2nite.com. The thing that sets this apart is placing players in small communities of 40 people trying to survive the zombie onslaught as long as they can. Bundling players in such small groups that have to co-operate in order to survive, together with the ability to, for example, steal from others or banish those who harm the town makes it a pretty interesting experience.

I've only been in since yesterday, though, so I'm definitely no expert. But it's definitely a promising project.

Oh, RPS also had a small review of it here: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/11/15/die2nite-horrifying-harbour-of-crime/

Discuss?

I'm currently in the town "Malodorous Valley of Fear" by the name of Tuckles. We're at day 1 so far, and I'm interested to see if we'll live through the night.

Well yes, there's combat, but it isn't a major factor.

It's an interesting game, akin to Legend of the Four Swords in that you have to be cooperative, yet still look out for your own interests. Just keep playing. I'm hooked right now. :razz:

I've got nowhere to sleep, but hey, I've got a radio cassette player - who needs sleep when we can have a wasteland dance club?

...Seems like a good time killer. I'mma give it a shot, too.

Well citizens, I hope you're all getting to grips with Die2Nite... It is time to bring your friends, because tomorrow at Midday (server time), everyone registered will receive a present! You all have 3 invitation codes on your "Soul" page... use them well!

If anyone has one to spare, I would be interested in checking it out. That game seems very much awesome.

Edit: Actually, got one random key on teh interwebs working, seems like a nice game.

Tuckles said:
The fact that you actually have to work together with random strangers?

Krhm, our attempt at democracy badly failed as someone who didn't read the forums just went ahead and built a watchtower.

:lol:

We've banished two guys for upgrading to hovels. We also left one guy out to die last night, because we couldn't get him the meds to get back home.

Currently, at day one, we have a portal lock and a watch tower, with armor plating on the way.

So how long will the zombies be attacking? Also, how does the hero thing work exactly? Making one of those companionthingies would be cool ^^

Last day behind, now just watching the zombies attack and slaugher the careless people who were left outside.
And BrainBOt, who sacrificed himself for the lives of two fellow survivors. RIP BrainBOt, the Hero!

In the Pueblo of Bloodlust we have a watchtower, a portal lock with armour plating and we are beginning our workshop. We have left 4 players outside due to their inactivity and I personally have stole from 1 of those inactive players that was hoarding 3 purification tablets, 3 of them. He would have been our undoing.

Back
Top Bottom