TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Gondor troops preview

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triglav

Sergeant Knight at Arms
The Last Days Gondor troops preview

Hello again.

This is the first in the series of troop previews. We'll be adding more as all troop trees are finalized and kitted out. We still can't tell you when it's going to be released, because we still don't know, but as you see it's coming along nicely.
If you're talented and wish to help speed up the process, let us know. Here is our main forum: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/board,20.0.html

TLD (The Last Days /of the Third Age of Middle Earth/) for M&B 1.011 is more complete with every passing day. This time we introduce Gondor regular army and the many Gondor feudal/regional troops. Practically all gear for the troops is custom made by the usual suspects: Triglav, Llew, octoburn, Brutus, GetAssista, DaBlade, Faradon, Merlkir and other contributors and many special coding touches by mtarini (author of OpenBrf), which will be revealed more fully soon.

Gon01.jpg

The regular army of Gondor, recruited from common people, consists of heavy infantry swordsmen and spearmen, as well as archers. With experience the troops get progressively more armoured.

Gon02.jpg

Gondor cavalry is among the best in Middle Earth, alongside with that of Rohan and DolAmroth. Recruited only from Gondorian nobles and armed with sword and lance, these knights are skilled and disciplined in the field of battle.

Gon03.jpg

The top tiers of Gondor troops are the Guards of the Tower and Citadel Knights. These elites are handpicked from the best soldiers and make only a few companies and are recognizable by their winged helmets. The Steward of Gondor has his own bodyguards, with the steward insignia on their white shields.

And then there are the feudal troops of the many Gondorian regions. All recruitable and playable.

Gon04.jpg

Erech and Blackroot Vale, lord Duinhir's lands, are home to some of the best archers in Gondor, but also skilled light spearmen that protect them in battle.

Gon05.jpg

Ithilien was claimed by Mordor, but is still patrolled by rangers that ambush and harrass the enemy. Led by Faramir, these excellent archers with good melee skill keep the orcs in Ithilien in constant fear.

Gon06.jpg

The port of Pelargir is an ancient city and their troops reflect that. Equipped in the rich manner of Gondor of old, they keep a garrison of land-fighting heavy infantry as well as one of sea-fighting light marines that attack the enemy with javelins and light bows before a melee.

Gon07.jpg

The proud clansmen of Lamedon, lead by lord Angbor, are known for their ferocity in battle. Younger warriors are lightly armoured and armed with ranged weapons, but veterans like champions and knights are among the heaviest melee troops in game.

Gon08.jpg

Lead by Hirluin the Fair, the green-clad warriors of the green hills of Pinnath Gelin are a nimble and quick force of light infantry and ranged troops.

Gon09.jpg

Forlong the Fat (though he's not really fat, just has heavy bones) is lord of Lossarnach, the Vale of Flowers, home of the axemen that are ok, that sleep all night and work all day. But the orcs don't find their axes very funny.

Gon10.jpg

Prince Imrahil, lord of Dol Amroth, commands the mightiest cavalry force in Gondor, the Swan Knights in their blue robes and helmets with silver wings, that scatter the enemies with the might of their charge.

All the feudal troops are only recruitable in their respective cities and will normally be found patrolling their neighbourhoods.
And as a curiosity, to save on item spaces, we made all their shields tableau shields.

Here is the link to the September preview:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,135464.0.html

And here is a link to the old Christmas preview:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,88598.msg2286948.html#msg2286948

Why is this its own thread? Couldn't it have been posted in the original thread?

Yay, another one! Just 9 more TLD topics to go until release... :wink:

Seriously, guys, you're doing really great job on this mod, but making new topic everytime you want to post few screenshost is just... hmmm... silly.

Which one is "the original thread" then?

First everyone was complaining that our threads have 500+ pages and they can't find anything, now we post dedicated threads with just the stuff we wish to show on page 1 and you're complaining again?  :???:

Or if you want many screenies, how would it look if I added 10 of these to 15 previous ones...in a while the first post would have 100 screenies...no good either.

Just let the old threads slide deep into history, while new ones stay on top for as long as you find them interesting.

Triglav said:
Which one is "the original thread" then?

First everyone was complaining that our threads have 500+ pages and they can't find anything, now we post dedicated threads with just the stuff we wish to show on page 1 and you're complaining again?  :???:

Or if you want many screenies, how would it look if I added 10 of these to 15 previous ones...in a while the first post would have 100 screenies...no good either.

Just let the old threads slide deep into history, while new ones stay on top for as long as you find them interesting.

Are the models displayed at this link http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,57963.msg1497454.html#msg1497454 still valid?  I only ask because they were posted by AW and I'm not sure if you guys are keeping them.

Also, which civilizations still need to be done?

Don't worry about people complaining.  People complain if its hot, cold or rainy.  They even complain if your gas doesn't smell like roses (mine does).

FS

FleshyStarfish said:
Are the models displayed at this link http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,57963.msg1497454.html#msg1497454 still valid?  I only ask because they were posted by AW and I'm not sure if you guys are keeping them.

Also, which civilizations still need to be done?

Don't worry about people complaining.  People complain if its hot, cold or rainy.  They even complain if your gas doesn't smell like roses (mine does).

FS

Some of the models and items in that old preview are still in game, but many have been updated and upgraded. Particularly orcs look entirely different now (true to the books a lot more).

We have most factions done to over 98%, which means just a tiny few items to go and then attributing them all correctly to the troop trees, finetuning stats, etc.

Ya, I know about the complaining, it's still bothersome though.

Yes, Doggy. Laughed when I read that.

Real nice, good to see the Gondorians, since they are probably my favourite faction, and after them, Mordor or Isengard.
The swan knights look awesome.
The models are all awesome and nicely done, does this mean Gondor is pretty much done?

Kazzan said:
does this mean Gondor is pretty much done?

Gondor is done, yes. Just have to assemble Minas Tirith (buildings are all done by Llew already) and plant a few more trees around other towns and it's all finished.

As you see our Gondorians aren't taken from the movies, but are pretty true to books, but at the same time their overall feeling (shiny, metally) isn't that much different from films either. Just so that movie lovers wouldn't feel too out of place seeing an army of Gondorians...

Great preview! I loved the rangers specially. Keep up the good work.

And TLD has right to make previews in separate topics by me. In other words **** you whiners.

Sorry if that's considered as insult...

Thoroughly good. 

I am ecstatic.  As for the multiple thread issue, for such a large mod, they should have a sub-forum, but since they can't (Armagan does't want to get in trouble) I don't think there's a problem with multiple threads.  They're a serious, responsible, mature mod team, and they already have a finished product to shot.  They aren't some "noobs" who can't type or anything, just spamming the forums with a pointless mod they'll never finish. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom