[Werewolf: Archives] Werewolf - Innocent Inn - Innocents win!

Users who are viewing this thread

Cornwall, Castle Inn, November 1953

It was an unpleasant time of the year to be out. The rain was pouring down for days already and it clearly affected Inspector L´Adaham. When Interpol relocated him to Great Britain in some exchange programme, he knew that harsh times were lying ahead.

"Gosh, how can people live here voluntarily", he mumbled to himself while staring outside of the window.

"Don´t be cruel, Inspector, it´s got it´s charms", the driver tried to stay cheerful. Inspector L´Adaham had no interest though in engaging in petty small talk. Hiding behind his grumpyness, he was already thinking about the task ahead.

The cab rode along the coastal road towards Castle Inn, a small hotel lying in the shadows of Castle Mengelberg. The castle had been abandoned a long time ago. After a mysterious bloodbath in the late 1880´s, it had been abandoned for a long time until it was rediscovered as a touristic site. There were stories about Werewolves, Vampires and what not surrounding it, but for Inspector L´Adaham this was nothing but local superstitions used to attract more tourists to a place that otherwise nobody really wanted to be at (as a matter of fact, this applied to most of Great Britain in Inspector L´Adahams opinion).

Finally the cab arrived. After paying the driver (without tipping), the Inspector approached the front door and knocked.

"Open up, this is Inspector L´Adaham from Interpol", he shouted. He liked to exert authority.

The owner opened the door hastily and welcomed him in.

"Where is everybody?" L´Adaham snorted at the owner.

"Everybody is in the Salon, waiting for you, just as you had asked for."

When he entered the Salon, he skipped the friendly introductions and came right to the point.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. You all know what has happened. The death of Rathyr shall not remain unavenged and I have come to solve this mystery. Nobody, I repeat, NOBODY leaves this Inn until the persons responsible for the death are found, even if it takes days, weeks, months. I am determined to root out the evil in this place at any cost and for that I need your assistance. At least one of you knows more about the incident of last night and I won´t leave this place before I have found the persons responsible."

He was interrupted.

"But what do you want us to do?", Calodine called out.

"What I want you to do?" L´Adaham laughed out. "I´m going to tell you what I want you to do. I want you to talk amongst yourselves what YOU think that has happened. Most of you are probably innocent, so by your discussions and your decisions, I shall judge who is the killer. YOU will decide who is the weakest link and who to hand over into the hands of justice. If your decisions are unjust, we shall see further the next day."

There was commotion amongst the guests. "What kind of investigation is that?" asked Vadermath in disbelief.

"Ah, shut up, this is how we do this in France", L´Adaham said and sat down in an armchair.

And so the guests were left with no other choice than to decide amongst themselves who to expell from their group...

---

And here are the players:

Survivors:

---
---
3. MaHuD - innocent
---
5. ComingWinter - Regendur - Herbalist
---
---
---
---
10. Facemelter - innocent

Dead:

Day 1 - Lynch

4. Nodscouter - innocent

Night 1

1. Snoopy-91 - Alpha wolf - humiliated to death by Kronic
7. Kronic - Serial killer - got punished for his uber-attitude whilst killing and thus shredded to pieces by a wolf

Day 2 - Lynch

9. Calodine - innocent

Night 2

2. SootShade - innocent - just another shredding victim

Day 3 - Lynch

8. Vadermath - innocent

Day 4 - Lynch

6. Comrade Temuzu - Beta wolf

---

And the rules:

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
  • You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.  Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
  • There is no editing or removing of your posts. Please use the preview feature before you post.
  • There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.
  • If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline.  If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions. 
  • In order for all players to play at least one game day this game will start with a Day phase.  Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
  • As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
  • All days take as long as the amount of players alive. Meaning that the first day will take 10 days. Nights have a strict 3 day time-limit

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
  • A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down).
  • Votes should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g. Vote:  Player).
  • Vote revocations should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g. Unvote: Player or Unvote).  Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
  • You may Vote:  No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
  • Votes/Unvotes that are bolded correctly and are unambiguous (with respect to player nicknames/abbreviations) will count.
  • If no one has reached a majority of votes at deadline, a No Lynch will occur.
  • Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.
  • Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; the lynched player may not post during twilight but all other living players may continue to post.
  • Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post except for a brief “Bah!”-type post.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
  • Votecounts will be posted once per page or once per day, whichever is less.
  • If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
  • The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
  • Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
  • Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.  Modkills may be accompanied by a change to day/night.
  • Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to Mod discretion and will be handled as the Mod sees fit on a case-by-case basis.
  • If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

With regards to Ejnomad for this nice list of rules. Even if you have played before, please read the rules again, as they are slightly different (specifically regarding the length of days).

Now go out and enjoy!

DAY 1 ends 27th of November at approximately 2am CET In case you don´t know when exactly that is, I suggest you reach a consensus a bit before the deadline. If you catch me in the wrong mood, I´ll close this down 1 vote away from a lynch  :wink:

Sticky please!

P.S.: Despite the slightly misleading title, this game is not full of innocents (like Troopers experimental approach), it´s just because I like alliterations and it popped into my mind halfway through the narration. This is a pretty straight-forward game with good and bad guys!

Lol, I read the topic as "innocents Win" and I was wondering how the game could have finished this fast. :lol:

@Facemelter,
I will tell him to sign up as reserve :razz:

Vote Count - Day 1 - 10 alive - 6 to lynch

Facemelter: 1 (Kronic)
Kronic: 2 (ComingWinter, Nodscouter)
SootShade: 1 (Snoopy-91)

Not voting: everyone else

---

@everybody: Will be out for most of the day. Have fun while I´m gone.

That, or you're an inexperienced baddie who's trying too hard to hide in plain sight by getting enough attention onto himself early on.

Could go either way, I guess :razz:

Back
Top Bottom