Author Topic: Treasures of Britannia [spoiler]  (Read 5943 times)

Sir David of Derby

• Sergeant
  • There'll always be an England
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • M&BWBWF&S
Treasures of Britannia [spoiler]
« on: November 15, 2010, 11:25:37 PM »
I'm having a bit of trouble with this. I asked about it and was told to see Conchobor (or whatever his name is) and found him in Wales. He told me that story about his dad and sent me to Canterbury, but I've forgotten the name of the bloke I need to see there. I can't find anyone there out of the ordinary, I visited the tavern and walked around the streets, but no one unusual was about.

Can anyone help?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 07:29:48 PM by Idibil »
"Be England what she will, for all her faults she is my country still."

- Charles Churchill

ace_sw85

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
Re: Treasures of Britannia
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 02:22:35 AM »
You need to speak to Mordred, the bard in the castle.

Although I had trouble after this on this quest.  I won't post any spoilers, but things seemed to end rather abruptly.  Not sure if I did anything wrong.

killer110

• Sergeant Knight
  • Sniper kitty is a kitty with a sniper.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: Andres
  • WBWF&SNW
Re: Treasures of Britannia
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 10:31:19 AM »
You need to speak to Mordred, the bard in the castle.

Although I had trouble after this on this quest.  I won't post any spoilers, but things seemed to end rather abruptly.  Not sure if I did anything wrong.
And no treasure!?

Edit: I just found Mordred and he's just telling me to go back to the first guy! I was made to go around in circles and ultimately there was absolutely no treasure!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 07:45:00 PM by killer110 »
I am the king of the universe. Everyone said I wasn't until they realised I was right.

what Gimli noo I will never be unbannaned :cry:

LOL @ you man.  Ikr, way to replace the most forgiving member of the team with the ultimate hardass. This will be amusing.

killer110

• Sergeant Knight
  • Sniper kitty is a kitty with a sniper.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: Andres
  • WBWF&SNW
Re: Treasures of Britannia [spoiler]
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 07:45:26 PM »
Bump.
I am the king of the universe. Everyone said I wasn't until they realised I was right.

what Gimli noo I will never be unbannaned :cry:

LOL @ you man.  Ikr, way to replace the most forgiving member of the team with the ultimate hardass. This will be amusing.

Raizo

• Regular
  • 51st Guardsman
    • View Profile
    • 51st Regiment
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: 51st_Gdm_Raizo
  • M&BWBNW
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 08:30:08 PM »
Conchobor (or whatever his name is) and found him in Wales
Where exactly did you find him?

Sir David of Derby

• Sergeant
  • There'll always be an England
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 08:46:21 PM »
He was somewhere in the south, I think. I ran into him again somewhere in the English midlands. He moves around, basically.
"Be England what she will, for all her faults she is my country still."

- Charles Churchill

Skenderbe

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 05:05:18 AM »
It seems this is a complete waste of time... And since there is trouble with quest information logs in this mod (Sword of Beowulf quest) I am never taking risks again by not taking notes of names, locations, ect.. So now I have a piece (or pieces) of paper and a pen (somewhere) ready to take notes... and when I started writting almost all (gave up on the 7th) the treasure items and only to find out the treasures are made up... I just felt like  :evil: ..... lets just say I hope I can find Chonchobar again and hope he's in someones party I can attack, take him prisoner and send him to the salt mine... offcourse that will never happen!!

I do think this should be made into a real quest though and many more similar to the Beowulff and holy relic quests..

Puritan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sarranid
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 04:16:08 PM »
It would be cool if there was some form of treasure... like an actual pot that ensured that your army would never starve (but provided no morale bonus).
(click to show/hide)

I personally would find dual wielding two shields very effective. It might not be historically accurate, but climbing a 50ft long, 2ft wide ladder, at an 80 degree angle, without the use of hands, in order to invade a castle filled with rhodok crossbowmen isn't either.