LSP 3D Art Highlanders models *#:-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Yamabusi

Sergeant
Greetings, friends!
Here some models of highlanders that I have made.
I always admired these proud and charismatic guys, therefore have decided to make some models for MnB.  :smile:
Please, do not hit hardly for historical authentic.) The majority of with what highlanders associates  concerns at least from 17th century... Period  of  MnB is approximately 13th... That is why I worked freely enough  with available material. (I think, you easily recognize  the first and second characters :wink: )

There is pack of 3 models(max+obj) of highlanders and two variants of  texture(tga) for everyone:
    Highlanders clansman
    Highlanders warrior
    Highlanders noble
+ 1 type of footwear
+ 3 Scottish targes

highlanderrender2.jpg

highlanderrender1.jpg

One more fancy highlander:
fancyhighlander.jpg
in-game screens:
hlskreen.jpg
hlskreen2.jpg
(thanks rgcotl for support)

Archive:
(updatet 19.11.10)
Corrected position of models.
Corrected normalmaps.
The fourth highlander,  one type of footwear, two types of berets are added.
Three types of the weapon: Dirk, Highlad_broadsword, 2h claymore.

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2372

http://depositfiles.com/files/f6weqya11

You can freely use them in your mods.
And I will be glad to your constructive comments.
If you find any problems with models or textures  - write to me.
And I will be absolutely happy, if someone can make minimod  for me adding these guys in original MnB Warband as  raiders and mercenaries. +possibility to buy this armour at armory.

And  I am sorry for my English - I am not so good in it  :roll:

Good luck! )

==========================

For now this pack is finalaized. (at least for time, until I find new inspiration for highlanders)
So I would like to ask for help in creating of a small mod to the MnB:WB adding them to the game as mini faction.

These look great! I would be happy to compile them into a mini mod for you but I'm afraid that I can't open .max files since my computer does not accept 3ds max. Can you export them as obj files? That's what the M&B engine uses and these files will be mostly useless to many of us otherwise.

Mandible said:
These look great! I would be happy to compile them into a mini mod for you but I'm afraid that I can't open .max files since my computer does not accept 3ds max. Can you export them as obj files? That's what the M&B engine uses and these files will be mostly useless to many of us otherwise.

I have updated the link. Now it with OBJ

Alright, thanks for the speedy reupload! The files work perfectly.

Word of warning though, the z axis is inverted so before anyone wants to implement them, you need to switch the axis (not a big deal).

I'll get them ingame fairly soon, but I'm busy today.

May I use your models and textures for my own mod (Redwall: Vermin Resurgence) but modify them a lot so that they fit the theme of fighting woodland animals? I was planning on making some scottish highland squirrels, but then you came around and made models that looked almost exactly how I was going to make my own (except that mine would have fur...

Mandible said:
Alright, thanks for the speedy reupload! The files work perfectly.

Word of warning though, the z axis is inverted so before anyone wants to implement them, you need to switch the axis (not a big deal).

Yes, you are right. My mistake. I used an old version of the etalon body, so it has turned out. Just I have received models from Warband and have found out that the quantity of poligons at them in 2 times is more than mine...))) I`ll slightly  increase level of detailof my models. And old I will leave as LODs.
And ATTENTION! you need not mirror them on Z, but  turn it on 180 degrees. Otherwise they will turn out with pins on the right shoulder instead of left

May I use your models and textures for my own mod (Redwall: Vermin Resurgence) but modify them a lot so that they fit the theme of fighting woodland animals? I was planning on making some scottish highland squirrels, but then you came around and made models that looked almost exactly how I was going to make my own (except that mine would have fur...

Sure you can!
By the way, nice idea with mice ^_^

Caliph said:
Looking great Yamabusi. Really great stuff, i think you have continue to "free" modelling :razz:

) I only want to improve my favourite game for me) if someone finds what I do useful to him - even better)

Ah of course. Rotate instead of flipping. I hadn't thought about the pin being on the wrong shoulder.

I was actually amazed at your low polycount. They look great for the number of faces that you have! And the various colour options too. This is one high quality osp.

Back
Top Bottom