[B] Imperium Graecorum

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
will this mod patch not be as cheap as the other one? i mean srsly? not even changing faction leaders and cities? it was pathetic.

<edit>
Please, read this topic:  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,147535.0.html  and keep in mind we don't get paid.

chimera_t said:
will this mod patch not be as cheap as the other one? i mean srsly? not even changing faction leaders and cities? it was pathetic.
Play nice. 

That was the first version of the mod. 

sorry bout rudeness, was 4 AM and i was up all night trying to find a frickin roman mod. I find yours and well... it was discouraging. didn't know it was first version. my apologies. as soon as i sort out my new laptop, i'll be able to help some with scenes or map-work.

chimera_t said:
sorry bout rudeness, was 4 AM and i was up all night trying to find a frickin roman mod. I find yours and well... it was discouraging. didn't know it was first version. my apologies. as soon as i sort out my new laptop, i'll be able to help some with scenes or map-work.

The other Roman mods are based on an OSP, at least you know our mod will improve in the future and we aren't gonna be disappearing anytime soon.

I think that textures need a more realistic approach. Those lamellars don't look... real. Too flat, too cartoon-ish. They lack depth, maybe dirt, stains...  The same for the leather.

I would suggest that you take a look at actual lamellars, armours, etc, and see what they have that you haven't added, or what have you done that give this feeling of cartoon drawing.

Hey, maybe it's just me seeing this, after all. But that's my opinion.

Anyway, I've been quietly following this mod since before it changed its name. And now it's starting to look good.

Best wishes!

It's not leather, it's pteruges, and the armor is scale. I'll see what to do with the pteruges but I'm not really good at making scale/lamaller(the texture was made by a friend).

If you don't have Vista or 7, open up the window you want, press "Alt+PrtScn" and then open up paint, Right click on the white and click "Paste" and then save the file.

Upload it to imageshack, select the forum code, and right click again, pressing "copy"

Then paste it into a post and post it. 

thanks alot

here is my roman fort (uncolored) http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/4613/romanfort.png

and my sword (colored) http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/6398/swordk.png

a bolt http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/5088/boltr.png

i can't do anything exept modding

Gothic Knight said:
It's not leather, it's pteruges, and the armor is scale. I'll see what to do with the pteruges but I'm not really good at making scale/lamaller(the texture was made by a friend).

With the normalmap looks very good, actually.

But it seems you got the normalmap wrong. Taka a look, lamellar should "bump" the lamines, and it's doing the opposite, as if they were "carved". Probably you need to make a new normalmap adjusting the X or Y axis of the normalmap pluig-in.

Cèsar de Quart said:
Gothic Knight said:

With the normalmap looks very good, actually.

But it seems you got the normalmap wrong. Taka a look, lamellar should "bump" the lamines, and it's doing the opposite, as if they were "carved". Probably you need to make a new normalmap adjusting the X or Y axis of the normalmap pluig-in.

The armor was based off of this. It looks more like scalemail than lamaller.
829d41c1aa8a.jpg

Just an update on progress.  Our 3D guy (Gothic Knight) is having PC troubles, our other research/PR guy Armatus is having PC troubles as well, and is busy at work, and the mod is randomly giving me runtime errors, plus I just got handed three essays to write in one week.  :lol:  It's not abandoned though, we're just going through a bit of a rough patch at the moment, but rest assured, I'm working on it frequently, polishing it up, and adding new features. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom