MP Native Barfight (its time to redden your fists) [Barfight1168]

Users who are viewing this thread

Grendal-777

Veteran
Barfight
Its time to get your fists on!

BARFIGHT HAS BEEN UPGRADED TO 1.168!
Added Sledge-O-Matic a very slow swinging one-hit-kill sledge hammer!
Added bots with weapons!
If you want the bots to have weapons then you will need to change to the following bots:
-Sultanate for Tavern bartender given type weapons (not all, left the knives and guns for players)
-Nords for Wild type flaming weapons; they will have flamehammers and flaming cabbages!
-Rhodoks for Wild type wooden weapons; they will have spank sticks and chunkas with all three ammo types! 
Current version: Barfight 1.168

Download it!

Link for Barfight1168 (simply click download arrow in upper right corner of screen):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx-ufu2WID53ZENpMC1mTE56NkU

Or on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=761037990

Simply download and unzip the file and then place the Barfight1168 folder into your MountandBlade Modules folder located in the Mount and Blade main directory (its under steam/steamapps/common/Mount&Blade if have a steam version).
To play just choose it from the mods drop down list in start gui and then host or join a Multiplayer game!

If you want to use v1.131 for some odd reason you can find it here:
1.131 Installer: ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

Mount&Blade Repository for 1.131 version aka Barfight_1.1:
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2391

Check out the awesome video by Muzzle C below!

Players Guide
Use the action key (default F) to access all prompts except [destructible item] prompts.
[Destructible item] promts have to be hit with weapons and destroyed.
Use T by default to send a message to everyone.
Use Y by default to send a message to your teammates.
left mouse button to attack (based on direction pointed held determines type of punch)
right mouse button to block/defend
kicking is also usefull (default E)
You can heal yourself using the wine barrels located in non-fist only maps.
You can get weapons from the bartender if you have a surpluss of kills built up. It will tell you if you don't. The scoreboard will not show the correct number of built/spent kills since it is used to show who has the most so far. However, the end game score will reflect used kills, so bewarned!
Try not to hurt yourself laughing, its a funny mod by design.

TheRedAxe Entertainment is at it again
Also check out Legend of the Red Axe!
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,142080.15.html

Introducing Barfight Mod
Ever wonder what all the factions do when they aren't challenging each other on the field of battle?
Wonder no more. Welcome to bloody knuckes deathmatch.

Features:
-Four emersive fight locations.
-7 maps to choose from involving 3 different modes of play (normal, fist only, and wild picnic)!
-Access to ALL native factions (in their drunken state).
-3 Free (nonarmored) colored tunics to customize character with, or go pants for all anyone cares.
-Crazy weapons that will have your sides hurting.
-Weapons will cost you end kill count in normal maps and reduce hitpoints temporarily.
-Advanced crazy weapons available for free in Wild Picinic map.
-Get your drink on too and heal yourself if you have the time.
-Destructible tables in some maps.
-Full bot ai mesh and balanced fist fighting bots.
-Did I mention a flamehammer, zipgun, repeating crossbow, flaming cabages and a spankstick that will make a Shaolin Monk out of even the biggest melee noob?

Lets see a video!

Lets see some pictures!
Tavern Brawl
c02fa6cd21210bf4744343749ae552707e2b6c3e8f99a97b780c3889ceeecb046g.jpg

Shattered Feast
60cc81df1eadb3249be4efbcb0017d5259e71e7ba1671b61e9ff24fc4fd23be46g.jpg

Ruined Picnic
d82b18f376bc941e872dcb600a2a848efe2708b7d844bf4324a1fa2c7440534e6g.jpg

Wild Courtyard Insane battle
6439f74e78bca12a38ac54c3d019ec5a14848da9cb4aaf4a5891c5a3f09e725e6g.jpg

Read the readme file here!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Barfight 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by Grendal-777 (Mount&Blade forums on Taleworlds.com)
I can be contacted directly at [email protected]
THIS MOD IS AN UNFINISHED WORK AND MAY BE USED BY END USER AS IS AND MAY NOT BE DISTRIBUTED PUBLICLY OR POSTED FOR DOWNLOAD VIA ANY METHOD WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM ME
I ACCEPT OR ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILTY.. whatsoever, no way, no how.
Thank you for downloading and trying my Mount&Blade Warband Mod.
INSTALLING THIS MOD
Installation is easy:
All you need to do is extract the zipped folder and place the Barfight_v# folder (and readme file) into your ..\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\ directory
If your Mount & Blade is installed via Steam client it will be located under Users\..\Steamapps\Mount & Blade Warband but installation is otherwise the same.
To start running the mod just select it from the pull down menu for mods when you stat M&B Warband. As long as the Barfight_v# mod folder is in the modules folder it will show in this list. If it doesn't, that is the problem.
If you have problems, questions, bug reports, suggestions, etc. please report them in the Taleworlds forum thread for this Mod or email me at [email protected]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HOSTING THIS MOD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Most things are harcoded, so basically tailor it however you like and the mod will use what it wants.
Make sure factions and maps are set to voteable since this mod makes use of all the factions and has 6 maps!
Feel free to use team deathmatch or battle modes as well for a different fight experience!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLAYING THIS MOD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Use the action key (default F) to access all prompts except [destructible item] prompts.
[Destructible item] promts have to be hit with weapons and destroyed.
Use T by default to send a message to everyone.
Use Y by default to send a message to your teammates.
left mouse button to attack (based on direction pointed held determines type of punch)
right mouse button to block/defend
kicking is also usefull (set it up to a good hotkey using keymap under options)
You can heal yourself using the wine barrels located in non-fist only maps.
You can get weapons from the bartender if you have a surpluss of kills built up. It will tell you if you don't. The scoreboard will not show the correct number of built/spent kills since it is used to show who has the most so far. However, the end game score will reflect used kills, so bewarned!
Try not to hurt yourself laughing, its a funny mod by design.
SPECIAL THANKS
Thanks to all these who helped via code resources, answering stupid forum questions, or with testing ideas!
In no particular order:
Taleworld Forums
Turanien - Excellent mod starting and map making tutorial
Annynduir - For the Modpedia2
Hermodr - Excellent tutorial on getting items into game
Arch3r - for his health kit code which I frankensteined into basically all my scrips
Somebody & Wookiewarlord - Help with sorting out props and other code problems
Apsod & alec{zacool} - Help with sorting out costs for faction armors
GetAssista, Vorne, Lumos, and ModocComadrin - Help with sorting out destructible/respawnable props
Vorne & Caba'drin - Help with code problems
Other:
Dundin - My good friend, tech support, and idea tester

Anyone is free to host it on their own if they like. Please report all problems, comments, or suggestions in this thread or to [email protected].

Weapons will cost you end kill count in normal maps and reduce hitpoints temporarily.

What does this mean?

Instead of making things cost gold I opted for costing you prowess. If you want to have the bartender give you a weapon (items a bartender might have access to :smile:) you will have to sacrifice some of your kill count to him. It also means you can't continually get weapons from him without doing some fist fighting or grabbing downed weapons to rebuild some kills. Since weapons are.. well weapons.. he will @#@! slap you via code down to 50% health to help balance you with the fist fighters.

You can always fight your way over to the liquor barrel and heal up for free, all it costs is time.. about 2-3 seconds to activate which gives alert fighters time to knock your attempt off. Or you can down a fighter who has a weapon and pick up one without loosing hitpoints.

This looks epic

I haven't laughed as hard as I have playtesting this over the last few weeks in a very long time. Epic comedy it definately is. :smile:

It was just released to the public last night and only downloaded a dozen times this morning, I expect it to get busy soon.

i just played on the server with only one person and 2 npcs, and there was naked people all over the floor, must have looked a bit... suspicous

What problem are you having with the given download link?
Try this one, its to the same mediafire folder from my other mod.

http://www.mediafire.com/?484fcw2r7d817

I will see about getting them uploaded to the depository as well though.

Barfight is now available via download from the Mount&Blade Repository as well.

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2375

Link added to original post at top as well.

This is a cool idea.  Just tried it out.  Fun to run around the bar with legs of lamb beating the crap out of each other.

Holy HELL.
Time for Buffness_Jim to really show what he's got.
This will be his moment.
His time to shine.
I hope LBR don't show up though.....

BArfight_1.1 is nearly complete. It will include the following additions!

- New wild map "Dinner Theater Disaster". This map has long sight lines and lots of cover options for your cabbage chunking needs.
- Added a new bartender given weapon for normal meleee maps.
- Added a new Wild map missile weapon (Chunka longbow) that fires 3 insane missiles (great swords, spears, and great lances)
- Added 3 new repeating crossbow loadouts.. fish or chicken? How about a viking sword shooter? (wild maps)
- Added a new ammo only spawn chest to support the new ammo types for Wild maps.
- Adjusted the repeating crossbow and zipgun so the aiming recticle closes faster for a smoother firing rhythm. (wild maps)
- Fixed flaming cabbages so the flame comes from the cabbage (wild maps)
- Added two shields to the random box in Wild maps, one weak and one pretty handy.. flaming cheese anyone?
- Adjusted bots down a tad so they are a little more human and less automaton. (fist only and melee maps)
- Added cosmetic gloves (leather, chain, and gauntlet) to the armor loadout choices. They are for customizing your punches only and give no benefits.
-Fixed broken bartender weapon spawns in the Wild Courtyard Picnic map.. items were spawning on roof and out of sight. (Wild map)
- Removed the Broomstick.. it was useless anyways. Why Broom stick when you can Spank stick.

That is it so far.. will be more before I release later this week I am sure.

Back
Top Bottom