Rescue or Ransom a prisoner quest help

Users who are viewing this thread

i cant seem to do anything about these prisoners.

for one, i cant rescue him, guards are everywhere and i cant kill 'em with a stick, or i dont wanna try because my game is set to auto save.

and secondly, i cant ransom with anyone.  there is a lord at the castle, and when i request a meeting with him i get no options to ransom for the prisoner.  not only that, but i have one of their lords as a prisoner in my party, and they seem to have no interest in him.
i kinda want to complete this quest so my relationship with the count doesnt drop.

so, how do you guys go about finishing these quests? i couldn't find much info searching the forums, thanks in advance.

Go to the nearest village and you should have an option to ask them to start a fire. Do that and then when you go in to rescue with your stick there will only be 1 guard.

Actually, the nearest village is not always the correct village. If the prisoner you want to rescue is locked in a castle, go to "Notes, Locations" and look up the castle (works for cities too). That will tell you which village is associated with that castle. Ask the village elder in that village to set a fire.
If that village is looted, just wait, after 4-5 days it reverts to normal and the village elder will reappear.

Aeon221 said:
If you have a captive lord, hand him over to the quest giver.

that doesn't work, even if my disposition with the quest giver is high. there is no option to give anyone over.

nor is there an option to buy him out of captivity, even though the quest giver said he would cover expenses up to 5000 dollahs

Jagged said:
Have you tried talking to a ransom broker in a tavern?
I think ransom broker don't do that, do they? (Mayby I'm wrong)

A-BIack_Man said:
i cant seem to do anything about these prisoners.

for one, i cant rescue him, guards are everywhere and i cant kill 'em with a stick, or i dont wanna try because my game is set to auto save.

and secondly, i cant ransom with anyone.  there is a lord at the castle, and when i request a meeting with him i get no options to ransom for the prisoner.  not only that, but i have one of their lords as a prisoner in my party, and they seem to have no interest in him.
i kinda want to complete this quest so my relationship with the count doesnt drop.

so, how do you guys go about finishing these quests? i couldn't find much info searching the forums, thanks in advance.
You only need the get sucessfully into the city/castle, where the prisoner you have to free is. Then you have to do a walk arround the city's/castle's court. Talk to the guard of the dungeon and say that you want to meet the prisoner and so on. After some time you'll get an option in the menu after that the guard and every other soldier who is in the streets of the city/castle will attack you. After killing the prison's guard you have the dungeon's keys and can go into the dungeon without killing the other soldiers and free the prisoner. After talking to the prisoner you have to go out of the dungeon and now you're wearing your complete armour and your weapons and can kill the soldiers who you have first left in peace and then you automatically flee and the prisoner is free.

erm someone help me
so i accepted a quest and i was asked to rescue count something from ichamur.

the village burning thing isn't working and whenever i try to rescue he spawns as an enemy entity outside the dungeon, making the rescue really difficult because count something is against 2 sides, me and ichamur guards.

someone helpp

Lord Brutus said:
Actually, the nearest village is not always the correct village. If the prisoner you want to rescue is locked in a castle, go to "Notes, Locations" and look up the castle (works for cities too). That will tell you which village is associated with that castle. Ask the village elder in that village to set a fire.
If that village is looted, just wait, after 4-5 days it reverts to normal and the village elder will reappear.
I posted this eight years ago but it still applies today.  Ask the village elder of any village linked to Ichamur to light a fire at midnight.  Wait one hour, then enter the city.
The prisoner turning hostile is a bug that can only be overcome one way.  When you see the fire start, save your game.  Rescue the prisoner as usual.  If he turns hostile, quit without saving and exit to desktop.  Restart Warband and load the saved game above.  95% of the time the prisoner will not be hostile and can be rescued normally.

Hey, i tried rescuing the count by sneaking in but he turned hostile everytime.So i just conquered the castle.The count thanked me for rescuing him and now the lord that gave me the quest doesn't recognize it. Acts like the quest is still ongoing :/

In the quest Rescue or Ransom Lord how do you actually ransom the lord not rescue by breaking him out. Quest giver  says: You could ransom if you have good relations with (Place). do you talk to guild master when relations with them are high enough?

This is my question, as well.  What's with this "ransom" part of the quest?  There's clearly no option to ransom from anyone.  Is it a bug that the developers just have been ignoring for 9 years?

They probably intended to implement that option but never got around to it, and it was inherited by Warband (since Warband was pretty much just original M&B with a new coat of paint).

Back
Top Bottom