Author Topic: Rescue or Ransom a prisoner quest help  (Read 14943 times)

A-BIack_Man

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • WBWF&S
Rescue or Ransom a prisoner quest help
« on: November 10, 2010, 02:21:47 AM »
i cant seem to do anything about these prisoners.

for one, i cant rescue him, guards are everywhere and i cant kill 'em with a stick, or i dont wanna try because my game is set to auto save.

and secondly, i cant ransom with anyone.  there is a lord at the castle, and when i request a meeting with him i get no options to ransom for the prisoner.  not only that, but i have one of their lords as a prisoner in my party, and they seem to have no interest in him.
i kinda want to complete this quest so my relationship with the count doesnt drop.

so, how do you guys go about finishing these quests? i couldn't find much info searching the forums, thanks in advance.

HannibalTheCannibal

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
Re: Rescue or Ransom a prisoner quest help
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 02:28:48 AM »
Go to the nearest village and you should have an option to ask them to start a fire. Do that and then when you go in to rescue with your stick there will only be 1 guard.

A-BIack_Man

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 02:31:22 AM »
yeah i forgot about that option, still, is that the only option or is it bugged or something? the nearest village is looted and the others wont start a fire
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 02:50:02 AM by A-BIack_Man »

Lord Brutus

• Bot Hunter Mk.IV
  • Global Moderator
  • All the world's a stage...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: Brutus_Marcellus
  • M&BWB
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 01:51:28 AM »
Actually, the nearest village is not always the correct village. If the prisoner you want to rescue is locked in a castle, go to "Notes, Locations" and look up the castle (works for cities too). That will tell you which village is associated with that castle. Ask the village elder in that village to set a fire.
If that village is looted, just wait, after 4-5 days it reverts to normal and the village elder will reappear.
Love to eat dem adbots, adbots what I love to eat.  Bite dey little heads off.  Nibble on dey tiny feet.  "Words are wind."---Snoop

Aeon221

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: SUPER_KING_BIG_NUTS
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 04:30:32 AM »
If you have a captive lord, hand him over to the quest giver.
Pike and Blade 3.5: Riders on the Storm!
-An Infantry Focused Mod for M&B:WB-
Pike & Blade + Diplomacy
-Like Jesus, but with fewer holes-

A-BIack_Man

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 04:34:24 PM »
If you have a captive lord, hand him over to the quest giver.

that doesn't work, even if my disposition with the quest giver is high. there is no option to give anyone over.

nor is there an option to buy him out of captivity, even though the quest giver said he would cover expenses up to 5000 dollahs

Jagged

• Recruit
  • Dead Swadians aren't much fun...but killing 'em is
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 09:38:24 AM »
Have you tried talking to a ransom broker in a tavern?
She asked, "Have you missed me?"
I said, "Every arrow so far!"

FlyingBottle

• Regular
  • Bottle's wings are your wings!
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Malcorion
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 08:35:18 PM »
Have you tried talking to a ransom broker in a tavern?
I think ransom broker don't do that, do they? (Mayby I'm wrong)

i cant seem to do anything about these prisoners.

for one, i cant rescue him, guards are everywhere and i cant kill 'em with a stick, or i dont wanna try because my game is set to auto save.

and secondly, i cant ransom with anyone.  there is a lord at the castle, and when i request a meeting with him i get no options to ransom for the prisoner.  not only that, but i have one of their lords as a prisoner in my party, and they seem to have no interest in him.
i kinda want to complete this quest so my relationship with the count doesnt drop.

so, how do you guys go about finishing these quests? i couldn't find much info searching the forums, thanks in advance.
You only need the get sucessfully into the city/castle, where the prisoner you have to free is. Then you have to do a walk arround the city's/castle's court. Talk to the guard of the dungeon and say that you want to meet the prisoner and so on. After some time you'll get an option in the menu after that the guard and every other soldier who is in the streets of the city/castle will attack you. After killing the prison's guard you have the dungeon's keys and can go into the dungeon without killing the other soldiers and free the prisoner. After talking to the prisoner you have to go out of the dungeon and now you're wearing your complete armour and your weapons and can kill the soldiers who you have first left in peace and then you automatically flee and the prisoner is free.