Questions and ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

Harlequin_ITA said:
Maybe TW will be a sponsor for this event too  :razz:
Yes, there is a great chance, that Taleworlds will provide some prizes for the winner of this tournament! i will write confirmation later!

fortinbras_martel said:
I'm guessing this is a European Native Pro League?
Yes, i updated the title of topic

Black_Corsair said:
Harlequin_ITA said:
Maybe TW will be a sponsor for this event too  :razz:
Yes, there is a great chance, that Taleworlds will provide some prizes for the winner of this tournament! i will write confirmation later!

fortinbras_martel said:
I'm guessing this is a European Native Pro League?
Yes, i updated the title of topic
:shock: *Love*

Finally!

one thing: Khergits.. one could argue that they have an advantage on Field by the River as well. To prevent problems, wouldn't it be easier to just not use khergits? That way we could use random plain maps too, which in my opinion can be quite a lot of fun.

What do you think? or is this the wrong place for this discussion?

Morii said:
Finally!

one thing: Khergits.. one could argue that they have an advantage on Field by the River as well. To prevent problems, wouldn't it be easier to just not use khergits? That way we could use random plain maps too, which in my opinion can be quite a lot of fun.

Frankly, the Khergits are just another faction, and how they are used simply dictates whether or not they win.
Perhaps we should disallow Nords as well for infantry favorable maps?(Such as Nord town & port assault.)

We discussed it, but finally i chose the variant  not to play random maps, but to play khergits, because:

1)  u can simply take khergits too in field by teh river or any other map
2) other "archery" factions  have normal chances vs khergits on tourney maps.
3) u can take non-khergit faction vs khergits, but on the second map you can take khergits, and your opponent not, because in the tourney rules, u can use one faction only once in a match.

RalliX said:
Morii said:
Finally!

Frankly, the Khergits are just another faction, and how they are used simply dictates whether or not they win.
Perhaps we should disallow Nords as well for infantry favorable maps?(Such as Nord town & port assault.)
From my experience, Khergits are by far superior on all open maps, while Rhodoks for example are totally equal to Nords on infantry maps.

What about allowing random maps as long as no clan takes Khergits?

Declining random generated maps and the whole faction isn't the same, right?

Khergits could be good choice for mixed maps like Field by the River or even on Village, but they are not imba.
Good archer based clan could take 'em out.
For example Field By The River is an open map, but there are a lot of obstacles like fence, trees, ruins, river which could be used for good defence position against their rush.  So every team have good chances to win.

If you have the spawn on the side of the broken bridge and you play against a clan who know how to use khergits, your screwed.

1. you will never make it to the ruins in time.
2. that spawn is easily surrounded by khergits, and when done so there are absolutely no spots for cover (a fence barely covers you even if you are not surrounded. How does a river cover you from archers on horses? it only makes you an easier less moveable target. you can try to hide and shoot from behind a tree, but if surrounded you are still screwed.)

Also, Rallix, I think most battlehardened people in this community will agree with me that rhodok inf is fairly equal to nord inf. Even if you think them much better, then there is the fact that rhodoks have xbowmen while nords have archers who can get pretty heavy armor, but have very sucky bows.

Also I wouldn't count Nord Town and Port Assault as infantry favorable, as in my opinion you can do equal or more damage with xbows and archers on those maps.

There are few tactics that help you against khergits on that map with resp at any side.
They require some skill to be to done, but they exist. Not 100% guaranty for win, but not a 100% defeat as you say.
All is in players hands.

Couple month ago one clan said that khergits are imba on random plains. Well, that's true. But we decide to check it.
We play train match (we were vaegirs and they khergits on random plains). Result 9 - 1, we won. Why? Cos we were better and more experienced then they. And luck of course. But playing on open map against khergit's is suicide when both clans are equal in skill.
So you clan skill is the main factor for wining matches. Yes, circumstances are also very important, but skill comes the first. Skill not only to fight hard, but to fight smart.

I know that IG clan have (or is it in past?) some problems with playing against Khergit's. But we and many other clans think they are just usual fraction with it's own weaknesses and strong points.
And as core faction they will stay in league, while random maps will be deleted from maplist to remove imbalanced combination khergits + open random plains.

BoPoH said:
I know that IG clan have (or is it in past?) some problems with playing against Khergit's. But we and many other clans think they are just usual fraction with it's own weaknesses and strong points.
And as core faction they will stay in league, while random maps will be deleted from maplist to remove imbalanced combination khergits + open random plains.

We didn't like to play against Khergits. When we tried it, it wasn't much fun, but who knows that might have changed. That doesn't mean that we can't beat them. :wink:

Regarding the League: Probably this line ("12 - 14 November. Organizers make the schedule of the tournament, match regulations, and other details. Then schedule will be posted on forum.") is what I'm asking for, but I'd rather make sure. Who will decide when a rule has been violated? Who will create or change the rules?
I don't want to play in a League that is mainly lead by one person or clan, but rather want several persons from several clans with equal rights to decide how a league like this is run.

Back
Top Bottom