Changelog Thread - E1200 Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

well without manpower the game sucks... :sad: i know that its pretty difficult do make lords return from exile and join factions i just wanted to say it would be great to have this :smile: but the diplomacy thing is pretty much handed on a silver plate :wink: why wont you implement more features?

bomber2 said:
would it be bad if i asked to implement some more features of diplomacy? pls? :sad: and i don't want Manpower anymore i would like to see lords joining random factions :smile:
Our mod is buggy, concerning the manpower-off style of playing.
The defeated faction's lords just... disappear, unlike in the Native M&B, where you get a pop-up window informing you in which faction did the defeated lords abdicated (one at the time).
We really need to do something about it, it is plaguing us for years now.

Well if it means that the overall mod development will be slowed down then i think i can live with manpower :wink: but what about diplomacy?

now this may have been asked to death but what are the up to date plans for the Papacy/Pope if any?

Yeah i saw him and "spoke" to him - so quests okay - what about starting crusades? get your king to declare war on "heretics" if you pay the pope etc etc? is that possible - maybe get the pope to settle a peace between christian rules if the player pays the pope?

CCDK said:
Yeah i saw him and "spoke" to him - so quests okay - what about starting crusades? get your king to declare war on "heretics" if you pay the pope etc etc? is that possible - maybe get the pope to settle a peace between christian rules if the player pays the pope?
All in due time (4th Crusade is a must).
This is Pope 1.2 - he is still an early version, so he's pretty much useless... for now. :wink:

Yes, I'm afraid we'll finish the map before we give poor Innocent III all the glory and might he deserves.

I won't stop saying it, ever: Innocent III was the most powerful pope in history. He deserves to be portrayed as the cunning mastermind he was. But we just can't do it now. Other things require our attention and to have a fully functional Pope will be probably very difficult for Korinov... so it'll have to wait.

As you guys are talking about the pope, why he's not the lord of Roma, at that time the pope was not the ruler of the papal states?

NikeBG said:
Wouldn't you find it strange to meet the Pope on the battlefield, leading an army and slaughtering defenseless peasant women during a raid?
Yes, it would be blasphemous and ahistorical...
...the real Pope would summon an army, and order the slaughter of defenseless peasant women during a raid.

Qoute from Korinov: "I'll implement a dialogue option with the minister that will allow the player to just change that and adopt a new base culture, which means the recruitable professionals and nobles and castles will be replaced by those of whatever culture you choose. I'll also give the option to revert this change (and apply it again) as many times as the player wishes, as i.e. the player may want to rely, to a certain degree, on the conquered faction's noble chaste as well (as it happened IRL)."

That option was implemented in the normal Warband, and I never knew why it is not put into the game in this mod, to choose your culture. Its a good one. However, it worked from the action menu, not with the minister.

Any ETA on the next version pls? I am dying from lack of Europa 1200 :wink: not that im not playing the current ver. :wink:

bomber2 said:
Any ETA on the next version pls? I am dying from lack of Europa 1200 :wink: not that im not playing the current ver. :wink:
It's likely possible that not even Korinov knows when the next version will be out.

From the changlog, we can see quite  a few factions have been added so far in 0.22, thus looks like that the lovely Byzantium won't be included in the next release...a decent blow to me indeed.

Well, either it won't be included in the next immediate release, or it will be included, but then the release would have to be delayed for an even longer time. Both options are personally fine with me (though I also get itchy waiting to see the Byzies) and it's up to Korinov to decide how to proceed. Unless, of course, he finds a coder to help him speed up the process. :wink:

Is it possible to recruit some "temp" from other mod team, or just borrow some stuff from others? Perhas I am just another fussy layabout... :mrgreen:

You can track the devs' post for more info and I remember they said about the inclusion of a Finnish faction at least in the next release. Given that fashioned a faction takes no little time, you can have a good whole week to wait at least I guess :grin:

It would be nice to update first post, I check it regularly and it's still on 0.22

Back
Top Bottom