Changelog Thread - E1200 Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Cruger

Only thread left I could think of. Since there is going to be a fairly big number of updates before we are out of the official beta period, I thought to myself that it would be good to have a thread were all the changelogs are kept. If you are interested, you can also see the "current changelog", which is what I've changed so far in the next unreleased version.

Major:

Minor:
- A new set of mercenaries will be available in towns under Almohad and Banu Ghaniya control: basically berber and sudanese mercenaries. This is intented to be the first step towards setting up a "regional mercenaries" system, with more specific mercenary troops available in certain areas of the map.
- Towns' names set in ALL CAPS on the map to improve visibility.
- Companion "Roger z Rykach" renamed "Dalebor z Ryk", his backstory does not include any mediterranean ancestry anymore as it made little sense.
- Added several weapons from Lucas' OSP Weapons pack.
- More blood will flow when you start putting steel inside people's bodies  :grin:  (thaks to Subitai for sharing the tip).

Fixes:
- All lords now have some degree of skill at using a shield (they previously didn't have any, with a few exceptions, so most of them made no use of shields) - thanks to Subitai for pointing this out.
- Added a few special letters to several polish settlements.
- Both "Newport" villages in England and Isle of Mann are now correctly linked to their respective castles.
- Restricted the places where you can buy regional-specific equipment (slavic armors, orders gear, norman items, danish armors, some "vaegir" helmets).
- Corrected a mistake in the scenes list codes, certain non-specific scenes for some cities have been rearranged (they were wrong previously).
- The exterior scene in Lardeya castle (Bulgaria) is no longer messed up.

Former changelogs:
Major:
- Added Principality of Chernigov.
- Added Principality of Vladimir-Suzdal.
- Added the Lithuanian Tribes.
- Added the Northern Baltic Tribes.
- Added the Curonian Tribes.
- Added the Estonian Tribes.
- Added the Finnish Tribes.

Minor:
- Several map textures ('plain', 'ocean' and 'desert') changed again, using tweaked versions of textures taken from the Free Seamless Textures blog. Moar info here.
- Added a new chain of quests that may allow you to obtain a cool weapon (ask the Pope if he needs a hand with something).
- Armors:
- Some unique armors for certain characters (Emperor Otto, a few companions, etc).
- Common armors: revamp of several already existing textures, plus a bunch of new generic ones (thanks to Kuauik for some of them).
- Prussian Tribes is getting more elders but their armies are a bit smaller now.
- Vastly improved some of the faction symbols (in the "Factions" notes page).
- You'll receive a crown and a specific sword when you become a king on your own.
- The "deliver cattle" quest will no longer be offered by guild masters after the player becomes a landlord and/or has a level higher than 15.
- Several changes and minor fixes regarding Bohemian nobility.
- Added a new wooden castle scene by Quapitty (for baltic and russian factions).

Fixes:
- The rescue lord mission should be working now.
- Fixed some errors in the russian, prussian and bulgarian troop trees.
- The nurses of unmarried young ladies no longer tell you to surrender or die.
- Fixed master craftmen (the guys who manage your enterprises) in Russian towns.
- The baltic "renegade nobles" quest now works as intented (previously it featured russian-like troops instead of baltic ones).
- Fixed a certain dialogue option in the "Expel Culture" quest (previously you could get stuck in the dialogue).
Major:
- Added Principality of Galich-Volyn.
- Added Principality of Gorodno.
- Added Principality of Kiev-Smolesnk.
- Added Principality of Polotsk-Minsk.
- Added Prussian Tribes.

Minor:
- Interface revamped thanks to FALX (details here). Also added a modified version of termi's logo.
- Amount of troops in castle garrisons increased by 50%. Town garrisons by 25%.
- Some changes related to the player's faction's culture (details here).
- Some changes related to bandits: merged Mountain and Forest Bandits into "Bandits", added "Marauders" (poor equipment but some are mounted), Raiders renamed to "Brigands" and a bit slower in the map.
- Companions:
- Added Bogdan and Valkadin Glog.
- Made some small changes to Paolo Barelli's dialogue.
- Activated several interactions between companions and with the player (mostly, personality clashes and matches). Others are still pending.
- Each skill point invested on Prisoner Management now allows you to carry 10 extra prisoners (it was 5 before).
- Added slave traders in several towns (mostly coastal mediterranean, scottish and scandinavian cities). They will pay 250 denars for each prisoner, no matter his/her level.
- Added Iboltax's face textures (only the textures, not the head models). Native textures are still present.
- Added three new lord quests (details here).
- Added proper armors for hungarian militias.
- Added some weapons from Igorbb's OSP pack.
- Added Narf's Rus Armor Pack (to be honest it has been among the mod files for quite a while, but it wasn't used as the russian factions weren't introduced yet).
- Added a new castle scene for several north-western coastal european castles (by quapitty).
- Added a custom scene for coastal "mercenary camps" (by quapitty).
- Bulgarian urban and rural troops merged.
- Knights' wages increased significantly.
- Added a bunch of ladies for the Holy Roman Empire.
- Added new banners for several HRE lords.
- Added another bunch of custom player banners (by quapitty)

Fixes:
- Entry points (doors) in towns and castles have been fixed (so 'rescue' missions should be doable again).
- An issue that prevented the player from getting the dungeon keys from the prison guard has been corrected as well.
- Cuman and Vlach villages are no longer Catholic (now they are Pagan and Orthodox respectively).
- Voivodes Babun and Lado (Bulgaria) no longer have the same face.
- Serbian lady Vera relocated to Ston.
- Serbian lady Mati Anastasija now properly wears a black hood.
- Several naming errors have been corrected.
- Stats of Alianor D'Aquitanie and Doge Enrico Dandolo tweaked to resemble more an elderly woman and an elderly blind man, respectively.
- Several map fixes:
- Córdoba can be reached again.
- Traditionally problematic Hvar & Korcula area has been fixed.
- Przemęt village (Poland) now located where it should be.
- Switched Lisboa's and Coimbra's villages, as they were wrongly assigned before.
- Moustier village (HRE) can be reached again.
- AI parties will no longer get stuck when trying to besiege the castle of Andusa (Toulouse).
Major:
- Added the Principality of Arbër.
- Added the Bulgarian Tsardom.
- Added the Principality of the Rhodopes.
- Added the Kingdom of Poland.

Minor:
- Military Orders (Aviz, Calatrava, Santiago and Saint George) revamped.
- Some gameplay changes:
- Spears have become more useful weapons, they basically hit faster and harder. This has been done to increase the performance of spear-equipped units in the game, quite useless until now when compared to swordsmen or macemen.
- Horses now are 20% faster, hit twice as hard as before but their armor rating has been halved; done to make them more realistic, before they were too hard to kill but dealt little damage when charging.
- Amount of food per unit (i.e. number of cheeses per each "Cheese" slot) increased by 50%, to ease things a bit when campaigning with a big warband (specially during sieges).
- More mercenaries:
  - Added Errant Squires and Errant Knights. Errant Squires evolve from Mercenary Horsemen.
- Complete revamp of the military orders' troop trees (Santiago, Aviz, Calatrava and Saint George).
- Raiders ("sea raiders" before 0.15) have suffered some changes. Their warparties now have three different troops: Raiders (medium equipment, including ranged weapons), Veteran Raiders (heavy gear) and a Raider Captain (better equipment and stats than the rest). If you manage to get Raiders into your party, they can be upgraded into Veteran Raiders, then into Mercenary Swordmen or Mercenary Halberdiers.
- Added new map textures from Punkt's pack.
- Added new textures for general environments from Lucke189's Realistic Colors 1.22.
- Added new horses from wanderer949's pack.
- Added several new helmets (some from Al Mansur's, Dejawolf's, Said Ûthman and Yoman's packs).
- Added several new armors (specially for eastern factions).
- Helmets and armors prices reworked. Now they will be (specially the best ones) significatively more expensive. This is done to prevent low level players from adquiring top quality gear in pristine condition ("reinforced", "thick" items) too early in the game. Also, some helmets' armor values have been changed, i.e. the "Andalusian Helmet" now protects more.
- Some changes in the Adriatic region: Korcula and related village belong now to Republic of Ragusa; on the other hand, Republic of Venice gains several new settlements in northeastern Italy plus another one in the northern dalmatian coast, plus three additional lords.
- Increased the number of people roaming the streets in town scenes, now they look more lively.
- Increased the number of ransom brokers, travelers and book merchants in taverns.
- New face, new hat and some dialogues for Pope Innocent III.
- Added new family relationships in Kingdom of England, also some new ladies for several factions (thanks to Mihailo and Brocas).
- Added a new custom castle scene (by quapitty) for several castles in the eastern adriatic coast.
- Added a new custom castle scene (by quapitty) for several iberian castles.
- Added a new custom castle scene (by quapitty) for a bunch of central european castles.
- Added a berber village custom scene (by Tsewe) for some villages in North Africa.
- Added a village custom scene (by Tsewe) for a few villages in north-western Europe.
- Added a new Guild Merchant quest ("Hunt Down Robber Barons").
- Added a bunch of new custom player banners (by quapitty).
- Added introductory texts (the ones you see after choosing destination at the start of the game) for several factions.

Fixes:
- Veteran Mercenaries' (not recluitable in taverns but upgradeable from the normal ones, i.e. Mercenary Veteran Halberdiers) wages adjusted properly.
- Bosnian ladies Ancila, Visnja and Neda do not have Serbian "doubles" anymore.
- You can no longer marry some old widows, like serbian Mati Anastasija.
- Adjusted religion in Bosnia and Serbia.
- Castle of Montalbán (Order of Santiago) can now be reached.
- Faces of several catholic bishops and archbishops adjusted properly (i.e. no long beards).
- Added new banners for serbian lords since using the eagle for everyone was innacurate.
- Added a new banner for all HRE lords who are not part of the imperial family and still do not own one of their own, since the imperial banner for everyone was innacurate (more specific banners will be added in the future).
- Solved an ocassional glitch with the "nervous man" quest.
Major:
- Added Banate of Bosnia.
- Added Republic of Ragusa.
- Added Grand Principality of Serbia.

Minor:
- Added Freelancer (thanks to Freelancer mod).
- Added Recruiters (thanks to Diplomacy mod).
- Added some of Al-Mansur's map icons (english & french castles, french cities only for now).
- More mercenaries.
- Two more companions.
- Iberian Peninsula tweaked on the map, it's less flat now (greater height differences between coastal and mountainous regions).
- Boosted the economy by reducing economy penalties. Everything is not poor anymore, but everything isn't rich too.
- Slight but important revamp of food usefulness in relation to party morale. Details here.
- Made the optimzation tweaks for the mod a little better. Is more efficient now (although maybe little noticeable).
- It is now harder to become a vassal, potential needed increased by 40. Potential is a combination of diffrent things like relation with king and renown.
- Added kdm's pack of german specific helmets (it also includes a cavalry shield).
- Custom faces for Castillian, Leonese, Almohad and Banu Ghaniya captains, and several italian lords (thx to MihailoSRB).
- Custom castle scene for Kalundborg, Denmark (credits to Brubar).
- Custom castle scene for Würzburg, HRE (credits to quapitty).
- Custom castle scene for Hohenzollern, HRE (credits to quapitty).
- Custom scene for Bremen, HRE (credits to quapitty).
- HRE banner changed to a more accurate version. Also added banners for several HRE lords.
- Added more personal banners (the ones available for the player to choose when reaching noble status) - credits to quapitty.
- Some tweaks to the Croatian rural troop tree, which had several inconsistencies and unnacuracies.

Fixed:
- Arrows, bolts, gloves, helmets and boots no longer dissapear from merchants' stock after a few days.
- Irish and Connatch ladies are no longer listed as part of the Norwegian faction.
- Custom Nüremberg siege scene (by quapitty) now works properly.
- Frequent Danube glitch solved.
Major:
- Added Kingdom of Hungary.

Minor:
- Lords now defect only to nearby factions.
- Minor adjustments to the map.
- Rework of looters (they look a little less 'nativeish' now).
- Rework of Sea Raiders (now just "Raiders", less nordic and more deserter-lookalike).
- Custom faces for Venetian, Tuscan, Bohemian and Lombard lords (thanks to DrevniDabar).
- Added some ladies and family relationships for Venice, Bohemia and the Lombard League (thx to DrevniDabar again).
- Added custom castle and prison guards to most factions (at last!).
- Added two more companions.
- Added custom mudéjar textures for the castle hall of Segovia (thanks to Revan-Shan).
- Added custom city scene for Nüremberg (thanks to quapitty).
- Villages now should increase their prosperity a bit faster (to compensate the huge swarms of naughty lords who usually plunder them).
- Added some kettle hats from Dejawolf's medieval helmet pack.

Fixed:
- "Dyes everywhere" solved (with great help from Gannish).
- Tournaments work again (were broken in 0.13 release)
- Agnone (village in southern Italy) can now be accessed.
- Fixed a "dark spot" in the alpine pass near Bolzano.
- Fixed a really annoying glitch in the map, between Cres island and the Dalmatian coast.
- Fixed the Great Dutch Traffic Jam (several map glitches in the Frisian region).
- No more doppelgängers (your funny impersonators with rhodok-swadian dialogue) in the streets.
- Companions will now respond well when interacted by the player while in party, instead of coming up with some weird native talk.
Major:
-Added the County of Holland.
-Added the Sealands of Frisia.
-Added the County of Flanders.
-Added the Duchy of Brabant.
-Added the Republic of Venice.
-Added the Kingdom of Sicily.
-Added the Kingdom of Bohemia.
-Added the Papal States.
-Added the Tuscan League.
-Added the Lombard League.
-Greatly expanded the Almohads and Banu Ghaniya in Africa.
-Added a new quest (Reveal Assassination Plot).
-Added the German tournament circuit.
-Added the Italian tournament circuit.
-Added ambushes.
-Added religion.

Minor:
-Banners for the England.
-Improved the heraldic lance.
-Added many more ransom brookers.
-More ladies should now show up in feasts etc.
-Added some new helmets (some of which are heraldic).
-Minor changes/adjustments to most western troop trees.
-Added a new picture for naval battles by Mykami.
-Improved naval battles.
-Heavy optimizing on the war/peace script.
-Rework of companion stats (all credit goes to Korinov).
-Various others.

Fixed:
-Fixed the problems with the German city of Ulm.
-Rhenish riders could be aquired from the Swabian troop tree.
-Some troops that were supposed to be guaranteed wearing helmets didn't always do it.
-Fixed truces.
-Fixed that caravans would be stuck in the North Sea.
-Fixed the Scandinavian circuit.
-Various others.
Major:
-Added Republic of Genoa.
-Added Republic of Pisa.
-Added Kingdom of Sweden.
-Added Holy Roman Empire.
-Added MadVaders deathcam.
-Added 5 new quest (The Throne of Connacht, Absalons Tax, Peasant Rebel, Recruitment, Village Exile, check the quest suggestion thread for more).
-Improved the big quest Aragon's Saint (can be taken by King Pere of Aragon).
-Unique Scene for Dolwydellan Castle (thanks to Darth Elludater).
-Picture for army encounters were the army is Gaelic (Thansk for Mykami).
-New unique armors for Iberian nobles.
Minor:
-Increased density of bandits.
-Historical accurate banners for Leonese, French, Portuguese, Scottish and Welsh lords.
-Total rework of all banners for Denmark and the Orders.
-New armors for the sergeant troop trees (if the faction is feudal).
-Family relations for Portugal, Wales and Scotland.
-You can now see what your relationship is with a certian lord when joining a battle (enemy, neutral or ally). This is so you don't accidently join the wrong side.
-Lords without an unique banner, now change banner when joining a new faction due to manpower.
-Added some minor features from Diplomacy.
-Added some new settlements in Denmark.
-Added new mercenaries.
-You can now change the player factions color by talking to your minister.
-Several others.

Fixed:
-Sergeant and Noble troop trees wouldn't adjust to the faction owning the settlement.
-Scottish towns had no merchants, tavernkeepers whatsoever.
-Many armors had a wrong shader.
-Mounted Crossbowmen weren't mounted.
-AI would never assign newly conquered settlements to a new lord.
-Some lords could be prisoners of their own faction.
-Several other bugfixes.
Major:
-The mod is now using a new map, based on Computicas map mesh.
-Added the Welsh Principalities.
-Added the English holdings in Britain.
-Added the Kingdom of Mann.
-Added the Kingdom if the Isles.
-Added the Kingdom of Scotland.
-Added the Kingdom of Portugal.
-Finished Navarre.
-Introducing a new way AI calculates.
-Each knight and banneret know have their own coat of arms.

Minor:
-Removed some items that didn't belong in the mod.
-Added more settlements to Norway.
-Battles are more descisive.
-Removed that the player has to prepare his troops for an assault, when the player is not leading the siege.

Fixes:
-There was 2 logronos.
-Removed some items that certianly did not fit with the time frame.
-Some villages switched from village gfx to ship gfx.
-When sparring in the arena, opponents didn't have equipment.
-A few writing errors in the tournament dialog.
-Made autoloot work like it should.
-"We need to seperate" appeared two times in the companion dialog.
-Sometimes your enterprise guy would thread to kill you.

A smal corection under the minor bugs "-You can now (Change?) the player factions color by talking to your minister.
"

Cruger said:
-You can now see what your relationship is with a certian lord when joining a battle (enemy, neutral or ally). This is so you don't accidently join the wrong side.

It will be very useful! Thanks for another cool feature!

I wish I was hatefully rich to hire all of you, I may create a modding company here in the caribbean, in my VPIWVIP [Very Private Island With Very Important Persons] :grin: (yeah, keep dreaming...)

You're not the only one. I come on here at least twice a day to check if anything has changed.

I almost jumped out of my chair when I saw Venice on there :3

I was so happy.  :mrgreen:

Hey Cruger, just being curious here, will you do something about the "Notes" (faction and lords lists)? I mean to add the info from letters "U" to "Z"?
(do you actually know what I'm talking about?)

every nation needs banners.starting form the bigger ones and up to the orders if needed.lol the quest throne of connacht is impossible i think(dont know)i accepted and went to king i said the thing i had to,when i wanted to fight him later,my support8the quest giver) was running away although he said that together we destroy him.what to do? :sad:

Not to Nit-pick, but I noticed that one of the factions added is known as the "Tuscan League".  I can't seem to find any online sources for such a faction, does it go by an alternate name?

I think they just gathered all the Tuscan Cities and castles together to form a faction, instead of adding multiple city states along with single castles

Aliksander said:
Not to Nit-pick, but I noticed that one of the factions added is known as the "Tuscan League".  I can't seem to find any online sources for such a faction, does it go by an alternate name?

It's a short-lived league that, lucky us, was active around 1200. It's unclear when did it appear or when did it dissolve, and it's even not well known why did they join. Probably for the same reason the Lombard League was founded, to fight Imperial influence in the Tuscan communes, maybe to counter Pisan and Papal influence as well. We don't know. At least, I don't know.

Brubar said:
I think they just gathered all the Tuscan Cities and castles together to form a faction, instead of adding multiple city states along with single castles

Before I found out about it, we just joined Florence to the Lombard League, but this Tuscan League was some sort of heaven answer to an unspoken prey. Just perfect timing.

So the Tuscan League is not made-up, it's a real thing, although very blurry. I'm not even sure that I had the right Consul of Florence, since the list of consuls and city-leaders seems to be somewhere in a Florentine archive, and not in the Internet.

Cèsar de Quart said:
So the Tuscan League is not made-up, it's a real thing, although very blurry. I'm not even sure that I had the right Consul of Florence, since the list of consuls and city-leaders seems to be somewhere in a Florentine archive, and not in the Internet.
The Catholic Encyclopedia says the following:

The former was democratic, republican, favourable to the papacy; the latter was the party of the old Florentine aristocracy and the emperor. In 1197 the Tuscan League (in imitation of the successful Lombard League) was formed at San Ginesio between the cities of Florence, Lucca, Siena, Prato, San Miniato, and the Bishop of Volterra, in presence of papal legates. These cities bound them selves on that occasion not to acknowledge the authority of emperor, king, duke, or marquis without the ex press order of the Roman Church. At that time, in the interest of better administration, Florence abolished its old-time government by two consuls, and substituted a podestà, or chief magistrate (1193), with a council of twelve consuls. In 1207 a law was passed which made it obligatory for the podestà to be an outsider. The legislative power originally resided in the Statuto, a commission nominated by the consuls. After the introduction of a podestà it was exercised by the priors of the chief guilds (the artes majores), seven in number (carpenters, wool-weavers, skinners, tanners, tailors, shoemakers, and farriers), to which were afterwards added the fourteen lesser guilds (the judges, the notaries-public, doctors, money-changers, and others). To hold any public office it was necessary to belong to one or other of these guilds (arti); the nobles were therefore wont to enter their names on the books of the wool-weavers' guild. The management of all political affairs rested with the Signoria, and there was a kind of public parliament which met four times a year. Public business was attended to by the podestà, assisted in their turns by two of the consuls.

The bolded part is important in answering your question.  A google search turned up this book, which indicates that Gherardo Caponsacchi was Podestà of Florence from 1193-1207.  Hope this helps.

Did the invisible wall south of Cres on the path to Hvar also got fixed for the next release? Those poor Venetian lords get stuck there on their way to the next big feast... poor lads... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom