SP Native Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment (v0.96.3 for Warband 1143+WSE)-patch for 115x

Users who are viewing this thread

Very good Caba`drin. I hope other modders will grab this like hot cakes. Actually, I think this should be added to every mod from now on.

Caba`drin, I just experienced something strange... but nevertheless funny.  :shock:

I ran into battle - a larger one:
- an allied lord and me with about 200 men against King Harlaus with his 277 men.
- battle size: 100, so the battle went over three stages
- before every stage of the battle I made use of the option to chose among my troops, who should join me
- after the first stage I had losses of course - so I was able to chose from the remaining troops this time

BUT - to my big surprise - after the second stage I was able once again to chose from my whole troop pool again, even those who fell - or may have been wounded - during the first stage!  :eek:
They showed up in the list as if they'd never died!

It was the first time I made this discovery - till now I didn't make that much use of this particular option of your great mod.
And it must have been about the first time I used it in such a kind of battle with more stages.

I thought I should just let you know.  :grin:
My horde of undead swadian knights says "Uuuuhhhhhhh....... Thhhhaaank........ yeeeee.....".
Guess they're right somehow...  :mrgreen:

cheers!

lucky lancer said:
Caba`drin, I just experienced something strange... but nevertheless funny.  :shock:
BUT - to my big surprise - after the second stage I was able once again to chose from my whole troop pool again, even those who fell - or may have been wounded - during the first stage!  :eek:
They showed up in the list as if they'd never died!

Well. That...is disconcerting. Hrm. Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention.

Let me just be sure I understood you.
Say of the 200 with you and your ally, you began the battle with 100 men. You use the Deployment screen.
You chose from those 100 about 25 (very roughly) to join you in the first round.
Let's say you lost 25 troops that round. You used the Deployment screen.
You then had only 75 troops to choose from...and you picked 25 of those for the second round.
Let's say you lost 25 troops in the second round. You use the Deployment screen.
This time, rather than 50 troops, you had 100 troops to pick from again?

Well...as much as I appreciate the undead helping a player in need and all...I'm going to need to track that down. Hrm.

EDIT: I believe I found the issue...part of the code I use to try and maintain your troops' XP despite messing with who is in your party is based on a copy of the party made at the START of the battle--a copy that I neglected to realize isn't updated throughout the battle so it can be used to calculate casualties and the like by other scripts. That should be a fairly painless fix then, I'll just make my own copy of the party rather than relying on one the game made anyway.

But, lucky lancer, I'd still appreciate it if you confirmed I understood you correctly--the only reason I can think of that it didn't mess you up at the beginning of the second round, but it did at the beginning of the third round would be because you perhaps didn't select or lose any troops that were ready to upgrade before the battle? I'm not really sure, but the issue hopefully is there.

In any case, thanks again for the bug report.

Caba`drin said:
Let me just be sure I understood you.

You understood perfectly! :smile:

Caba`drin said:
... the only reason I can think of that it didn't mess you up at the beginning of the second round, but it did at the beginning of the third round would be because you perhaps didn't select or lose any troops that were ready to upgrade before the battle? I'm not really sure, but the issue hopefully is there.

I think I can confirm that.
I wish I could be more specific in my descriptions, but I just -really- realized that something didn't work as expected AFTER the whole battle, when I noticed that I had not -or maybe almost not- lost any troops at all (the third round went quite well concerning losses) and that couldn't be right, because I definitely had losses at least in round one. - This fact made me think over and realize that something was amiss and I tried to recapitulate what exactly that might have been.

Before the first and third round I selected my companions and highest-tier-troops - and if I remember correctly (think I do), none of them was ready to upgrade before the battle. Before round two those troops were more or less... deranged and not selectable.

I'm sorry if I'm causing you a headache... but what you said about a possible fix sounds good/logical.
Good luck with that!

And don't doubt that your mod is great, Caba'drin! - It is.
Looking forward to any further additions or fine-tuning - if that's your plan. :smile:

Best regards

Thanks again, lucky lancer. Two bugs squashed from your report:
1) no longer will deceased or wounded party members be available in later rounds of the battle
2) the Deployment screen--which remembers your prior troop choices--will adjust those stored selections to match the troops actually available

Version 0.77 Beta uploaded to the Repository to cover these fixes. Unfortunately, no new features in this upload, but I wanted to get the bug-fix out as soon as possible. (Source kits updated as well.)

Caba`drin said:
Thanks again, lucky lancer. Two bugs squashed from your report:
1) no longer will deceased or wounded party members be available in later rounds of the battle
2) the Deployment screen--which remembers your prior troop choices--will adjust those stored selections to match the troops actually available

Version 0.77 Beta uploaded to the Repository to cover these fixes. Unfortunately, no new features in this upload, but I wanted to get the bug-fix out as soon as possible. (Source kits updated as well.)
Caba`drin thanks for letting that bug fix, never mind about new feautures, you've done a great job on that code.

Edit:
Just wanted to ask, is the skirmish mode implemented in this kit?

Zimke Zlovoljni said:
Just wanted to ask, is the skirmish mode implemented in this kit?

Not yet. I'm finalizing the synthesis of the skirmish code and my weapon-type orders, along with an optional switch for "weapon use" fixes for lancers and horse archers. Once that's done they will be in.

Caba`drin, Thanks for this Great mod! I use a Archer style army, and it was a pain in the ass to make them enter in formation during the battle! Against the Khergit, i won't even describe...
Can you help me with 1 thing pleaseeee???
I wanted to Merge this mod with the diplomacy mod ( with your permission of course ), because both mods are a HUGE add to warband, each one with its different changes.
Please Reply when possible.
Once again, THANKYOU!!

Alexandru_cel_Mare said:
Is this kit compatible with Motomataru`s Battle Formations and Tactics ?
Sure should be, yes. If you get the source for the mod (the kit) and add it to Native (or whatever mod you want to use as a base) and then Motomataru's source--since his uses the ModMerger framework, just follow those instructions--it should compile and work together fine.

corsar95 said:
I have just to copy those files(prebattleOD_constants.py, ....) in mod that I want or how then?
The source files for this mod contain instructions as well as Module System code. You need to get the source of whatever mod you want to add it to and follow the instructions in my kit files to copy-paste the Module System code there into the source of the other mod.

Or, if the mod you want to add them to is "just" a more troop/items/scenes-type mod, refer to the .txt files that it edits and compare that to the .txt files listed in the opening post here. If there aren't conflicts, you can just copy the .txt files over and they should work together fine.

guisasse said:
I wanted to Merge this mod with the diplomacy mod ( with your permission of course ), because both mods are a HUGE add to warband, each one with its different changes.
Feel free. Refer to the above responses. This would require downloading Diplomacy's source and then the source kit for this mod, then following the instructions in each of the files to copy-paste the code into the appropriate positions.

I just wanted to say thank you for your help in getting your source code into my mod. You went above and beyond by doing that!!

Thank you!!

Hopefully I will be able to return the favor somewhere down the road..

Keep up the wonderfull work!

corsar95 said:
I have just to copy those files(prebattleOD_constants.py, ....) in mod that I want or how then?
The source files for this mod contain instructions as well as Module System code. You need to get the source of whatever mod you want to add it to and follow the instructions in my kit files to copy-paste the Module System code there into the source of the other mod.

Or, if the mod you want to add them to is "just" a more troop/items/scenes-type mod, refer to the .txt files that it edits and compare that to the .txt files listed in the opening post here. If there aren't conflicts, you can just copy the .txt files over and they should work together fine.

Sry but I can't understand anything in module system, and "Open Source" things i can't understand as well, so how I can insert your mod in Native?

corsar95 said:
Sry but I can't understand anything in module system, and "Open Source" things i can't understand as well, so how I can insert your mod in Native?

...download it and install? The download link at the top of the OP is an .exe that will install the mod as a standalone (same as an add-on to Native). You needn't download the source at all.

Caba`drin said:
corsar95 said:

...download it and install? The download link at the top of the OP is an .exe that will install the mod as a standalone (same as an add-on to Native). You needn't download the source at all.

sry, i didn't see that, and for blood and roses v.50 I need the source code etc. or that's easy?

WOW I LOVE THIS MOD...the only problem is that i hate the original warband campaign so it would be cool if you would post an easy way how to include this mod into Sword song and Brytenwalda or any other mod for that matter. See the problem is most people don't know how to use source code and it would be cool if you could post which specific files/lines need to be included so that it would work with other mods...like for example add this line to module.ini and delete/replace this line etc...it would be much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom