Suggestions and Critique

Users who are viewing this thread

Cruger

As the headline suggests: Throw all your praise, suggestions or **** at as us here. I'll read through all suggestions and opinions made, should there come any, and list the ones with potential. Just a note: Blind nationalism is usually not recieved well.

It's probably just a work in progress, but I'd suggest removing all the native models etc (at least those named after native factions) and replace them with new ones. Still finding sarranid gear etc in some shops.

Maybe you can put another sounds on it.
These sounds I hear are from the native version, sounds like cutting, draw your sword, there very soft and not very realistic.
there is another soundtrack for these things. some mods are using that one, that one is much more realistic, better sounds when cutting, fire arrows, bolts, horse galopping, etc..

Iam sorry but I don't know where to find, but maybe some of you know what I am talking about and can help you.

M.

EDIT:
A movie from a mod of Mound and Blade which I play(ed). There are more mods who use it.
Hear the sounds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqGby9oYT9w

El-Diablito said:
It's probably just a work in progress, but I'd suggest removing all the native models etc (at least those named after native factions) and replace them with new ones. Still finding sarranid gear etc in some shops.

Cèsar has said he will make some new stuff in forms of gambesons etc, I suppose it'll come as we progress..

Vlejundo said:
Small suggestion:
At the beginning of the game, when choosing the banner, adding a "previous page" button might add to the userfriendlyness. As of now, the user has to go through a whole cycle of all banners to get back to the one on the previous page.

-Maybe set the camera limit in the south a bit higher, currently it lets the user move so far south, that no map is visible at all.

Sounds reasonable.

Marck28 said:
Maybe you can put another sounds on it.
These sounds I hear are from the native version, sounds like cutting, draw your sword, there very soft and not very realistic.
there is another soundtrack for these things. some mods are using that one, that one is much more realistic, better sounds when cutting, fire arrows, bolts, horse galopping, etc..

Iam sorry but I don't know where to find, but maybe some of you know what I am talking about and can help you.

M.

EDIT:
A movie from a mod of Mound and Blade which I play(ed). There are more mods who use it.
Hear the sounds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqGby9oYT9w

It's not necesarry for me to add this into the mod. You can add all the sound packs whatsoever you want yourself (I don't guarantee it will be compitable, but it should be). I for one like the Native sounds better than in that metal soundpack, in my opinion they are too "sharp".

I played the game now, which isn't finished yet i see :lol:, and I see there are almost no trees.
I know the game might be slower with more, but there are too few(?) trees, there are great open spots, it looks not finished, a bit boring, I hope you understand me :wink:

Maybe There come more if the full version comes out, in anyway, I hope.

I must say, the map is nice, nice nations, and Iam waiting for the full version.
Keep up the good work!

I understand, but there can be a bit more, it works perfectly now, but is so 'empty' now..
some more can do no hard I think.

Marck28 said:
I understand, but there can be a bit more, it works perfectly now, but is so 'empty' now..
some more can do no hard I think.

But it may do when you have more than 20 factions in the map, with their castles, cities and lords...

Looking at bug reports and my own experience, the tournament team rejection dialogue should read "You must attain 250 renown in order to join our team" or some such, if the team requires 250 renown total".

This is less confusing than the non-functioning "You need x renown to join our team" as how much more you need, as this doesn't work very well and is hard to understand.

Here are suggestions for Navarre.  Unfortunately, I could not find any data on period-specific lords.  If you would like, I can make up some names.

Tie the village currently named "Estella village" to Pamplona and rename it
Tudela.

Take the current "Pamplona village" nearest to Estella and make it Lizarra.

The next closest "Pamplona village" can be renamed Burlada.

The final "Pamplona Village" can be renamed Villava.

According to wikipedia, Castille had Logrono by 1195.  Calahorra is a good name
for the current "Logrono village".

Irun is a good name for the current "Bayona village".

Deyshawn said:
Here are suggestions for Navarre.  Unfortunately, I could not find any data on period-specific lords.  If you would like, I can make up some names.

Tudela.

Ehm, the point of this mod is that we *don't* make anything up, it's meant to be an accurate portrayal of Europe in the year 1200.

El-Diablito said:
Deyshawn said:

Tudela.

Ehm, the point of this mod is that we *don't* make anything up, it's meant to be an accurate portrayal of Europe in the year 1200.
Ok then, I won't make up those names.  But the villages still work.  And if this is going to be spot-on accurate you will want to give Logrono to Castille.

You might want to consider toning down the frequency of those tournament dudes who hang out at the castles. Far too often do I see them more frequently than I do with lords and vassals. My suggestion is to move them to taverns, which would be easier so you can go "oh, if I want to find the dude I can goto the tavern" instead of them randomly occupying castles. I doubt players would need them to be so accessible that they're practically available in every castle (and there's a ton of castles in Europe 1200). Sometimes its hard to tell if the man is a vassal or not, wasting your time walking up to confirm and in general its frustrating.

I doubt you are able to do anything about it, but it would be pretty nice if the AI wouldn't be sitting around doing nothing while their enemies ride deep into their territories and pillaging every village they encounter. I swear those vassals from the nation south of Aragon have relatively no difficulty raiding the villages up north of Barcelona, even without travelling through seas.

Meteora said:
You might want to consider toning down the frequency of those tournament dudes who hang out at the castles. Far too often do I see them more frequently than I do with lords and vassals. My suggestion is to move them to taverns, which would be easier so you can go "oh, if I want to find the dude I can goto the tavern" instead of them randomly occupying castles. I doubt players would need them to be so accessible that they're practically available in every castle (and there's a ton of castles in Europe 1200). Sometimes its hard to tell if the man is a vassal or not, wasting your time walking up to confirm and in general its frustrating.

Actual vassals has a title. And it wouldn't really be apropriate for a nobleman to sit in the tavern when he can sit in the hall right?

Meteora said:
I doubt you are able to do anything about it, but it would be pretty nice if the AI wouldn't be sitting around doing nothing while their enemies ride deep into their territories and pillaging every village they encounter. I swear those vassals from the nation south of Aragon have relatively no difficulty raiding the villages up north of Barcelona, even without travelling through seas.

If a vassal is strong enough, he will attack them. You can't expect a single guy to ruin himeself by attacking a much stronger force. Go up and try to pillage with 20 men, and you'll get my point.

Meteora said:

They used to only show up during feasts, making it IMPOSSIBLE to find and join/leave the team you wanted, as it is now they just hang there and don't do anything, so how are they in the way? If you don't need them, ignore them, if you do need them, you won't have to do like me, and spend THREE HOURS trying to find the correct bastard like it was before they were planted firmly in the castles.

Also, nobles hanging out in taverns discussing noble tournaments? Cesar would have a fit :razz:

There are faaaaaar to few and tooooo small bandit parties, I can barelly fight in this mod. I started a new game and I find 1 or 2 carabans a month and almost 0 bandits. Is this a pacifist mod?

Galan-Dör said:
There are faaaaaar to few and tooooo small bandit parties, I can barelly fight in this mod. I started a new game and I find 1 or 2 carabans a month and almost 0 bandits. Is this a pacifist mod?

Some more details on where you're hanging out etc...? Size of bandit parties relate directly to your level by the way.

Hi all,
Why we cant serve the Orders and only the others faction ?
And , how can i change the team in tournments ?
Can we form or own team?
Its cool if we receive and advive about others tournments of France and others.

Brocas said:
And , how can i change the team in tournments ?

Leave your current and join a new one.

Brocas said:
Can we form or own team?
Its cool if we receive and advive about others tournments of France and others.

No, and wont happen either.

Back
Top Bottom