Bug Reports - E1200 Warband (solution to crashes in first post)

Users who are viewing this thread

Sometimes when I go onto water, it still shows me on a horse, and when I go back onto land, it shows a ship. Both go away with time. Just graphical AFAIK.

Another one (not sure if it's a bug or a deliberate change): when herding cattle in a mission given by the guild master, the cattle follows me instead of running away from me. IDK if it's like this always or just for this quest.

I know that a lot of people - including me - are very happy about the cattle following instead of running away. We changed that on purpose. The icon thing is just graphical. Does not affect gameplay though.
----
Note that you can 'modify' your post instead of posting twice in a row.

Most of my kingdom banners appear black. (I began asking this problem here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,142779.msg7339054.html#msg7339054)

I have found the location of the dds files of the few kingdoms' banners that do appear in-game (banners_kingdoms_mul.dds through ...4.dds), but I can't find the other files anywhere. I think I am missing the files but the last two times I downloaded the mod (from different sites as well) no extra files appeared. Am I missing the rest of the banner files? What/where are they supposed to be?

Well, obviously there is a problem with Linux and the mod, as you are saying even the Logo is upside down. I never read about that before, as well as I never had that problem.
The banners you need and should have (in the mod module texture folder):
banners_1.dds up to 47
as well as
banners_kingdoms_mul.dds up to 4
as well as
banners_o.dds
banners_p.dds up to p10
But I guess, you have them and the problem lies somewhere else within Linux.
Good luck though. It is really a shame you can't use the banners, as we put a lot of effort in them.
You might find help in the forge, as there are a lot of experts around. (Might!)

quapitty said:
Well, obviously there is a problem with Linux and the mod, as you are saying even the Logo is upside down. I never read about that before, as well as I never had that problem.
The banners you need and should have (in the mod module texture folder):
banners_1.dds up to 47
as well as
banners_kingdoms_mul.dds up to 4
as well as
banners_o.dds
banners_p.dds up to p10
But I guess, you have them and the problem lies somewhere else within Linux.
Good luck though. It is really a shame you can't use the banners, as we put a lot of effort in them.
You might find help in the forge, as there are a lot of experts around. (Might!)

It's odd I'm missing 13 of the banner files (8, 13, 19, 35-39, 42-46) and I have 7 extras (7_2, 10_2, 11_2, 11_3, 11_4, 22_2, 22_3). Here's a link to screenshots of the extra files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5bopf3obbpxmeb0/AACBNebRXMdFBVT63mQ4ll3Ca

I'll try a third time to download the mod when I get a chance, but I doubt I'll get the missing files. The upside down title doesn't really make a difference to me as it looks pretty much the same anyway, but I really wish I could enjoy this mod to it's fullest extent. Do you have any idea why I might be missing files?

Thanks so much for your help. :smile:

HI, THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I HAVE TYPED A MESSAGE HERE AND NO ONE HAS REPLIED TO MY FIRST. BUT ITS  ABOUT THE KNIGHTLY ORDERS IN THE GAME, FOR EXAMPLE PORTUGAL THAT HAS DECLARED WAR ON A FRACTION , THEN THE ORDER OF AVIZ DECLARES WAR AS WELL WHICH IS NATRUALLY WHAT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN,  BUT WHAT I FIND UNUSUAL AND UNFAIR IS HOW PORTUGAL MAKES PEACE WITH THE FRACTION BUT THE ORDER OF AVIZ DOES NOT.    AND THEY END UP BEING AT WAR WITH LIKE 5 FRACTIONS AT THE SAME TIME AND NEVER MAKING PEACE!

Prime624 said:
It's odd I'm missing 13 of the banner files (8, 13, 19, 35-39, 42-46) and I have 7 extras (7_2, 10_2, 11_2, 11_3, 11_4, 22_2, 22_3). Here's a link to screenshots of the extra files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5bopf3obbpxmeb0/AACBNebRXMdFBVT63mQ4ll3Ca

I'll try a third time to download the mod when I get a chance, but I doubt I'll get the missing files. The upside down title doesn't really make a difference to me as it looks pretty much the same anyway, but I really wish I could enjoy this mod to it's fullest extent. Do you have any idea why I might be missing files?

Nonono, my bad, excuse me. I was not exact enough. The numbers you are missing are missing numbers. And the extra ones are correct. The naming got mixed up somewhen and no one corrected it. Which means you seem to have all required files. So sorry again, but that isn't the problem either.

clangrant111 said:
HI, THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I HAVE TYPED A MESSAGE HERE AND NO ONE HAS REPLIED TO MY FIRST. BUT ITS  ABOUT THE KNIGHTLY ORDERS IN THE GAME, FOR EXAMPLE PORTUGAL THAT HAS DECLARED WAR ON A FRACTION , THEN THE ORDER OF AVIZ DECLARES WAR AS WELL WHICH IS NATRUALLY WHAT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN,  BUT WHAT I FIND UNUSUAL AND UNFAIR IS HOW PORTUGAL MAKES PEACE WITH THE FRACTION BUT THE ORDER OF AVIZ DOES NOT.    AND THEY END UP BEING AT WAR WITH LIKE 5 FRACTIONS AT THE SAME TIME AND NEVER MAKING PEACE!

Dude...please dont shout, if u search the E 1200 board...u would have probably found others
Who have written the same query as u.

= Answer is, that's just the way it happens for now.    That's a minor fix compared to "at least Korinov
Is still working on this."  :smile:

quapitty said:
Prime624 said:

Nonono, my bad, excuse me. I was not exact enough. The numbers you are missing are missing numbers. And the extra ones are correct. The naming got mixed up somewhen and no one corrected it. Which means you seem to have all required files. So sorry again, but that isn't the problem either.

Ok. I tried one last idea by resaving all the banners with  BC1/DXT1 compression and mipmaps (like I did with the menu screens), and they all work now! So glad I got that working. Now I get to enjoy this amazing mod in full. Thanks again for your help. I know I can be a pain.  :smile:

EDIT: To any future Linux users who may get use of this info: I have seen some weapons/armor that retains it shape, but has a solid black texture just like the banners. I would assume the same solution would apply (but I'm too lazy to try; I don't care too much about armor appearance unless I'm using it). Good luck and kudos for using Linux :smile:!

Kral Furkan said:
Cant go to the open sea,between toulose and crown of aragon all the way to palma(not near palma its in the middle.

Are you saying you're trying to select (as in your destination) the open sea between Barcelona and Palma?  If so i'm pretty certain you can't do that.

You can't select an open spot in water to arrive in the middle of nowhere (in the water without land) .

To do that for example, select Palma as your destination and when you cross over the Mediterranean Sea (use spacebar) to pause your travel half way across.    If that's where you're trying to end up that is. 

Subitai said:
Kral Furkan said:
Cant go to the open sea,between toulose and crown of aragon all the way to palma(not near palma its in the middle.

Are you saying you're trying to select (as in your destination) the open sea between Barcelona and Palma?  If so i'm pretty certain you can't do that.

You can't select an open spot in water to arrive in the middle of nowhere (in the water without land) .

To do that for example, select Palma as your destination and when you cross over the Mediterranean Sea (use spacebar) to pause your travel half way across.    If that's where you're trying to end up that is.
not select its the lords and caravans that get stucks near by

So, I hate to be repetitive here but the water crossing bug is destroying my brain. I've gone thru the whole thread and tried every fix shown here:
I tried switching the compatibility. I tried going thru all the available types. This hasn't worked yet for me on its own, it might have worked in conjunction with the other fixes but it doesn't do the trick anymore.
I tried moving the save file out of the folder and back in, that never worked.
Quitting out of the game and starting a new game, and then going back to my savegame worked a few times for me. Doesn't work anymore. The bug now affects every new game I make.
I even tried the save file trick described later in the thread, which worked one time. That stopped working as well, not to mention how painfully long the process takes.

I've tried all different combinations of these fixes, but now the bug seems to be stuck. Im thinking it might have to do with my location (I joined Sweden and have pushed the Danes back to the mainland, but now the bug makes doing anything impossible. I think I remember someone saying something about the crossing between Lund and Roskilde being a bit problematic). I know some of these fixes have been posted up on this thread for a few years now, was wondering if any new fixes have been found or if a patch is coming soon that might be able to fix this problem. I'm absolutely in love with this mod and would love to get back to playing it asap. Thanks.

I had to use cheat menu so i could get my game like it was (computer shutdown while in game so game got crazy and i had no hair and weird  stuff accrued in notes) so basically every time i use cheat menu to instant conquer usually happens when i ask people to join me as well and when the camp setting was in best campaign aliveness and change it to weak(but this time it happened while none of these only instant conquer and ask people to join)now all the people are inside their castles (except mines) and they say they need to recruit more pls reply for a fix!!

When I play E1200 I get this bug where food doesn't seem to exist in all of europe from Ras to Galway. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Kral Furkan said:
I had to use cheat menu so i could get my game like it was (computer shutdown while in game so game got crazy and i had no hair and weird  stuff accrued in notes) so basically every time i use cheat menu to instant conquer usually happens when i ask people to join me as well and when the camp setting was in best campaign aliveness and change it to weak(but this time it happened while none of these only instant conquer and ask people to join)now all the people are inside their castles (except mines) and they say they need to recruit more pls reply for a fix!!

I think I have seen that problem. It happened once to me and once to my son. I am from USA but I live in Nicaragua and we sometimes get a power surge that will make the lights blink off and on really fast. It is just enough to trip my computer and if you happened to be resting in a certain city at that moment it will completely fry your savegame. Luckily it is extremely rare. I have only seen it 2 times in 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom