The size of M&B v1.011 has changed!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ar - Adunakhor

Sergeant at Arms
Hello, folks. I was wondering if someone else has noticed that or could perhaps even know why?

Basicly, there seem to be two ''mountandblade_1011_setup.exe'' files out there. Both versions ''official''.

'TaleWorlds Download Server' links to a file that is exactly 399.934.609 Bytes large.
'SoftPedia' links to a file that is exactly 399.385.059 Bytes large.

The other 2 links on the official page - 2shared and AtomicGamer - I have not tried out. However, I downloaded the file from the M&B Repository (http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1707) which is the same as the SoftPedia version - 399.385.059 Bytes.

Lastly, my personal copy of the file, that I downloaded on 18.11.2008 from TaleWorlds Download Server is also exactly 399.385.059 Bytes (same as SoftPedia & Repository).

*All of these files I have tested on my PC and they are all completely downloaded and valid.

So this leads me to a conclusion that the ''mountandblade_1011_setup.exe'' has been recently ''updated'' or repacked. Does anybody know anything about that?

Edit:

An answer has been kindly provided by Vlejundo, many thanks. For those who would like to know:

Vlejundo said:
Yes, TW has updated the installer.

There have been some changes done, such as removing the 32 troop limit. The newest version can be downloaded from TW, other websites may still have old installers. The fact, that the filename has not changed, makes it somewhat confusing, but if you download from TW, you will definitely have the newest 1.011 version.

Sadly, this has never been answered officially, yes.

After some research we did with Swyter, and writing numerous PMs to TaleWorlds staff, there has been a silent triumph, however. The TaleWolds website was updated with the 'Enhanced Edition'. This is the direct link to it:

http://download.taleworlds.com/mountandblade_1011_setup_enhanced.exe

This is the most up to date file.

EDIT:

There seems to be a problem with the file on the TaleWorlds Server. It can still be found and downloaded from here:

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2595

The Module System is also still unavailable from the official TaleWorlds download link. It can be found on the Repository as well.

I think it is more or less safe to say that official support for the original Mount and Blade has been abandoned.

Ar - Adunakhor said:
I think it is more or less safe to say that official support for the original Mount and Blade has been abandoned.

It's sure looking like that.  I don't blame Taleworlds for discontinuing support for it, but I don't think it'd be asking too much for them to first fix the corrupted file.  It isn't as though anything needs to be programmed, it's as simple as a re-upload and re-link.  Would take someone five minutes of work.

What I'd want to know is if the current Steam version is also the 'enhanced' version. I doubt it since the setup file on the usual TW links lead to mountandblade_1011_setup.exe instead of the enhanced version.

Someone even posted that the 'enhanced' version at MBR had Steam achievements.

Back
Top Bottom