SP Fantasy [W] Redwall: Vermin Resurgence [Dead]

Users who are viewing this thread

Hurr, o've been a tinkerin an oi' jus' wurnted to ars'k if'n you'm goin turr harv' sum' narsty snakes includered in'ta thurs mod hurr hurr. Tis sum soimpl' mole speech hurr hurr, tis' true. Tis is a gurt marp uf Marsflower hurr hurr in swedish whurch oi' knoaw  you harv' all seyn hur hurr.'         

Redwallmapnorw.jpg

@ Matkosteven1, if you can figure out a clever way to include snakes, then by all means. Personally, I have no idea how it would be done. It takes greater skill than I have, that's for sure. I think you'll have to be satisfied with lizards and maybe toads.

Funny how that Swedish map is the only one available on the internet...

Here's a tentative plan for how the towns and castles will be set up for the initial release. It looks a bit empty without the East Mossflower Woodlanders and Marlfoxes, doesn't it? Oh well, they'll just have to wait.

Mossflower.jpg

Major Factions:
Goodbeasts: Redwall, Eastern Woodlanders, Salamandastron
Vermin: Corsairs, Juska, Pure Ferrets

Invading Forces (potential factions, depending on how successful their invasion is...)
Marlfox Dynasty, Wildcat Dynasty, Horderats, Invasion Force from the Land of Ice and Snow, Badgerlord from the East

Mini Factions: Floret, Green Isles, Cult of the Wearet, Gorge of Foxes, Marshlanders

I hope that the system we put together will result in exciting emergent gameplay.

Mandible said:
@ Matkosteven1, if you can figure out a clever way to include snakes, then by all means. Personally, I have no idea how it would be done. It takes greater skill than I have, that's for sure. I think you'll have to be satisfied with lizards and maybe toads.
I'm not uptodate what your planning is but origanaly by the starter of this mod it was going to be in the time after the book, that is when i thought asmodeus was killed, i only know that couse i just passed the episode on the serie where he got killed.

Its after all of the books, so if we include a snake, it would have to be a brand new one. Possibly descended from Asmodeus. I don't suppose you could code us an awesome snake by any chance...

Mm.. I think it is possible. But it takes an awful lot of animation work for someone, and then it will still be that the tail will fly in all sort of strange ways. It could be done, but if were looking to the scale where it needs to fit in it is just to ugly i think to put it in on that way.
But when you limit the functions of a snake and not make a unit horse or something similar you can choose e to create a scene object of it and lets say make a quest of it by killing it. Because scene props can use animations i could maybe experiment with it to look if its possible to create an enemy of a scene object.

I think that a scene object would be the better way to do. I just can't see a reworked horse skeleton working. Give it some thought. If we can pull this off, it would be a sweet quest.

@Mandible I just wanted to ask, what's the code for that sig you use?

Good luck with this mod. I have been a fan of Redwall since I was 10. Anyways, I wish I could help with coding, but I am working on another mod currently. Feel free to PM me if you need help on figuring out a coding problem.

Signature codes are in the first post but here's the one you asked about anyway:

Code:
[URL=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,141589.0.html][IMG]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/Philsip/RedwallVerminResurgencebanner.jpg[/IMG]

Mandible said:
Its after all of the books, so if we include a snake, it would have to be a brand new one. Possibly descended from Asmodeus. I don't suppose you could code us an awesome snake by any chance...
Mandible said:
I think that a scene object would be the better way to do. I just can't see a reworked horse skeleton working. Give it some thought. If we can pull this off, it would be a sweet quest.

Couldn't you just make the snake a troop and give it a custom skeleton, rather than making it a horse?

That would not work. Look at the scale you need to work. A snake becomes very big. when he wil make a turn his tail will swing with 200 miles an hour at the end. That would not be in anny way realistic. If you place it as a scene prop than you can let the body be what it is and let the head move, let it attack forward and a little script with hitpoints or somthing.

Hey Mandible, for one this thread is looking great! Two, if you would like help with modeling weapons, my bro said that he would be glad to help. What file format are you using?
If you could message me with details that would be great.
Thanks

dont let this die!

and you say the map is only going to be of Mossflower? so no going to salamandastron, sea travel, etc.?

also, be careful with making "epic" enemies (like the snake) in M&B. it might seem like a good idea, but its really easy for it to become silly and bad. take the boss fights in the Berserk mod for instance.

Alright, that does it. I'm going to have to edit the first post. Apparently referring to the entire island continent as "Mossflower Country" is just too confusing.

Point of Clarification: This mod will include not only Mossflower FOREST, but also the surrounding lands as well as offshore locations such as the Green Islands, Riftgard, Sampetra, etc.

Point well made concerning boss battles. I haven't played the Berserk mod, but I can see how the end result might be less epic than the original idea seemed at the time... I think we'll have to save worrying about implementing fun stuff like snakes and birds for some time in the future after we have solid core gameplay taken care of.

Back
Top Bottom