YetToBeNamed [WIP map]

Users who are viewing this thread

CalenLoki

Grandmaster Knight
Time for new map - working only with one increase chance of headache, cancer and suicide...
Map is designed for WAR, but I'll also port it to FP, RPW (after architecture modification) and FPW (if I receive reply from any of it's creators)
I've just started it - here's basic layout and some landscape work.
mb1m.jpg

-white = settlements/strategic locations
-middle island=castle/chockepoint, you have to capture it if you plan attacking enemy teritory
-surrounding riverbanks=town districts/only there you can make top tier weapons
-top white dots=lumberjack
-bottom white dots=mines
-middle white dots=castes/spawn, stash, heal, basic weapon craft. In front of castles there will be villages with food supply
-grey - mountains/usually impassable
-yellow - sand
-brown - forest
-green - grass
-I'll try to convince Laszlo to add invisible prop that slowly drain health while touched, so rivers will be passable (but you'll be damaged a lot if you decide to do that....)
-I hope that after I finish it moveable siege equipment (a'la cRPG) will be available, so I wont have to place ladders manually...

EDIT: I haven't fixed laptop yet, but works start on another computer - it's weaker, but I lost belief and patience for laptop...

map code, to avoid loosing it with next computer crash...
Code:
scn_multi_scene_3 multi_scene_3 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 900.000000 900.000000 -100.000000 0x00000001300005004009424e0000566380000f0000004a79 
 outer_terrain_beach

Looks nice! Hope it turns out well!
And by the way, do you need any of that stuff I offered you earlier, you know; on the RCC website?  :wink:

err.... no, thanks :razz:

Edit: bad news - something with laptop hardware is broken - windows can't find HD again... it means 1) all progress lost (not that much ~1h of work) and 2) development is halted till I repair it...

Started again:
mb3z.jpg

mb4r.jpg
It'll be hard to make unsymmetrical map balanced, but easy tasks are boring...

There are already separate rooms for stable, armoury, treasury, barracks and storage...

Back
Top Bottom