A suggestion for a new map

Users who are viewing this thread

user1324865215

I believe that there should be a new map for this mod. The swamp map is great, but it has no possibilities besides one kingdom holding the main castle, and bandits randoming everyone. The original map is great, but no one plays it. The new map would have a castle for each faction, like the original, but that each castle was small, and each castle had a unique trade item. Also there would be a bandit camp. If anyone likes this idea, PM me and i will try to make it.

please do try and make it :razz: make an area of a "ruined" city or something for battlefield ambushes too :razz: maybe a ruined city around one of the main roads.

I don't agree with so limited possibilities on VoS, but it's not point of this thread.
It would be great to have more maps (because I could improve my maps by looking what is wrong with others), so if you ever decide to make new map, especially one with new overall ideas. I'll try to help best I can (help with editor, betatesting, bug-finding, suggestions, ideas, ect.)
Suspicous Pilgrim said:
I liked N0body's map best.
Which NObody map? the one with desert mine, with town (unfinished) or one of two modified Oceania?

CalenLoki, i think your map provides entirely unrestricted gameplay. I don't see where they are coming from, at all. If they would explain themselves rather than just yelling out "This map sucks change it back" i might understand.

Also started making a map for the hell of it tonight :razz:

basic idea sofar - only got foundations of one castledone (Very high up - tunnels and passages into mountain - a mine bellow it right nexto - takes a long time to climb up and iron wont be worth much but it will provide a constant and bandit free income as its so close to a fort) - perhaps ale brewers aswell.

hoping to make goods worth more on the danger level - inspiration from calenloki ofc :razz:

a town that is kinda tricky to defend - not really made for it but where goods are worth more to sell. basic highways with a few gates here and there so that bandits can do actual banditry and people dont immediately run by - with side roads one can take to avoid obvious bandit locations - but itle take longer to travel.

a forest area or village - rather compact and defendable.

not sure about the rest- would appreciate if peopel have worthwhile ideas they think i might be able to implement PM me :razz:

going for the oceania style where you can buy weapons in castles  - basic weaponry around the kingdom - perhaps different weapon focuses for different castles? aka nord style castle will have the axes and round shields - more knighty sort of castles with the swords etc.. again.. not sure what people want :razz: 

(sorry for taking up your thread mrr.phill - just didnt see the point of making another with this already here) :razz:

Splintert said:
CalenLoki, i think your map provides entirely unrestricted gameplay. I don't see where they are coming from, at all. If they would explain themselves rather than just yelling out "This map sucks change it back" i might understand.
I know why they post it - because it's harder. It's harder to get shiny armour, because you can't earn much without thinking and cooperation. It's harder to posses castle, because there is only one. It's harder to play brave knight, because it's infantry-centred map. It's also harder to tax people unless you own city, because there are no gates and walls around resource points.

@xombie5 - tip for you - don't start with castle, start with overall idea. Map started from castles tend to end as bunch of nice castles thrown randomly (or even worse - symmetrically) thrown in the map, with nothing interesting between them...
And if you need any help - PM me. Temporary I'm not working on any project ATM (I don't have files for RPW and Wookie hasn't answered my PM about porting VoS to FPW. Also modular castle project is halted because I lost all models...)

Hm... I'm thinking of making a map myself, one harbour town and a few other places inland, monestary, castle in a valley with mines, it would be a island map. Can anyone guess the game I'm taking inspiration from?  :razz:

You should not hope for that, because your hope will be utterly crashed when you play Arcania the piece of crap.
Haven't started doing the map yet, but I'm thinking of some cool stuff.

Kazzan said:
You should not hope for that, because your hope will be utterly crashed when you play Arcania the piece of crap.
Haven't started doing the map yet, but I'm thinking of some cool stuff.
:sad: oh well. Good luck with your map though :grin:

Bad news guys. I have a huge project coming up so i cant work on this. Feel free to continue if you want.

Back
Top Bottom