What do you like/dislike about this game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Blackfish said:
...really? I don't like calling troll, but this is kinda obvious.

Why? combat in warband is "tuned" so infantry and cavalry players have same chances of success in MP, in SP you see infantry forming teams but there are no available commands for cavalry , so you can not :

a.command horse archers to go circles around enemies shooting arrows while avoiding any conduct 
b.command heavy cavalry to stick one next to another and ram infantry lines until everyone is dead
c.command any cavalry unit to run away or fake charge.

Blackfish said:
I also played the original M&B for a while before I got Warband, and it was definitely hard to get used to at first. But once you get past the first few hours Warband's combat is better than 1.011 M&B imo.

I have played several days (game time) in warband and even entered a tournament in a Nord city , how natural is for you combatants to pull a sword far behind their head before swinging ? how can bows not to shoot arrows where they are pointing? can you spear stab an infantry man on the low right of your horse?

If you're not a troll I apologise for the assumption, however when you say this:
tragos said:
crapification of cavalry ( if 1 noob cavalry can not kill 5 veteran infantry troops then why to have any cavalry units in the first place?)
..you really can't blame me. Are you saying that a manhunter/Khergit skirmisher should be able to beat up 5 Nord Veterans? That doesn't happen even in M&B1.011.

The lack of a skirmish feature isn't really a Warband-only thing though. I don't remember being able to do that in 1.011. If anything the group commands has vastly improved from 1.011 to Warband.

Yes, I agree that tournaments are extremely annoying to play, but this is hardly new to Warband. I found the animations jarring at first but I guess I'm so used to it now that I barely notice. I have no experience with bows so I can't comment on that.

It sounds a little as though you're frustrated because you lost a few battles against improved infantry. M&B is a game with a steep learning curve, Warband is no different.  :wink:

I hate the way the game auto-calcs the sieges for example. That makes for me a mandatroy thing to assist any and every of my castles/towns during a siege , else my hordes of huscarls end up banged up by a bunch of peasant women  :???:
Anyway, what is taking int he win/loss equation during a siege? plain numbers? Total HP's? Levels? Everything?
Would really like to know so I can optmize my front-line garrisons for example..

Blackfish said:
..you really can't blame me. Are you saying that a manhunter/Khergit skirmisher should be able to beat up 5 Nord Veterans? That doesn't happen even in M&B1.011.

In m&b 1.0.11 AI is very poor when it comes to mounted combat , my band became lethal when i removed horses from my heroes...but still , a skirmisher is possible to kill 5 Nord veterans if he stays out of their ranged weapons, AI guys never do ...

Blackfish said:
The lack of a skirmish feature isn't really a Warband-only thing though. I don't remember being able to do that in 1.011. If anything the group commands has vastly improved from 1.011 to Warband.

True but still the options to handle cavalry are very limited , horse archers must have (bows 1st of all lol) special orders since F3ing is fail and "follow me" doesn't work if you have more than 10 of them because they spread inside enemy infantry lines.

Blackfish said:
Yes, I agree that tournaments are extremely annoying to play, but this is hardly new to Warband. I found the animations jarring at first but I guess I'm so used to it now that I barely notice. I have no experience with bows so I can't comment on that.

I can not get used to them , crappy combat is crap . 2 hand swing simulation only need a smash move to be 100% tennis like , please get Rafael Nadal to sponsor your next game and implement foot fault penalty in "stand ground" order.

Blackfish said:
It sounds a little as though you're frustrated because you lost a few battles against improved infantry. M&B is a game with a steep learning curve, Warband is no different.  :wink:

Frustrating for losing ? losing is the most fun in the game , i had my army decimated by zombies in POP mode and have to build all over , 100% enjoyment . Warband is poor because upkeep and efficiency wise having Rodock crossbowmen and Huscarls is the way to go , you don't even have to mix **** up ."Improved infantry" you mean that they pack together just before start running ? tactics speaking this makes the game way too easy.

unknown3056 said:
Not sure what you meant by that, but that's the way it is in reality. Even with guns, in fact.

I mean targeting on horse is kind of anal . Reality ? hahaha now lets pretend that we are in SI forums and we argue game vs simulation thing , if it is a simulation how come i can not role play a bandit ?

if it is a simulation how come i can not role play a bandit ?
True the options for banditry are limited other than getting every faction to hate you and trying to survive. But mods implement all kinds of nifty banditry features. If you dislike it then mod it in (you don't necessarily have to mod it in but I mean get a mod that can)

tragos said:
Frustrating for losing ? losing is the most fun in the game , i had my army decimated by zombies in POP mode and have to build all over , 100% enjoyment . Warband is poor because upkeep and efficiency wise having Rodock crossbowmen and Huscarls is the way to go , you don't even have to mix **** up ..
That's different from 1.011's All-Swadian-Knights steamroller how?

I still run with all heavy-cav in Warband, by the way, and I do just fine. It's not like heavy cav is completely useless now.

tragos said:
Blackfish said:
Are you saying that a manhunter/Khergit skirmisher should be able to beat up 5 Nord Veterans? That doesn't happen even in M&B1.011.
In m&b 1.0.11 AI is very poor when it comes to mounted combat , my band became lethal when i removed horses from my heroes...but still , a skirmisher is possible to kill 5 Nord veterans if he stays out of their ranged weapons, AI guys never do ...
Again, not a flaw Warband introduced. The skirmisher AI is as big a problem in 1.011 as it is in Warband. If anything, Warband is better in this respect as you can separate light cav and heavy cav and lead the light cav yourself.

Heavy cavalry is still the last word in field battles in Warband, no "ifs", "ands" or "buts".  Heck, even medium cavalry (Vaegir/Sarrnid Horsemen, Swadian Men-at-Arms, Khergit Lancers) will shred up footmen even when outnumbered (though, being less protected, you'll lose a few more cavalrymen).  The fact that a lone Khergit Skirmisher cannot take down five Nord Warriors on his own does not bother me a bit - even if there was a proper skirmish AI, the Skirmisher's handful of javelins wouldn't be enough to crack even a single warrior's shield.

That aside, I was recently reminded of one more dislike in this game! That being the apparent magnetic properties of trees on the world map.  It seems no matter where I click to direct my travel, if my party passes near any sort of trees or foresting they will immediately deviate (sometimes up to 90 degrees from their ideal course of travel) to run into them and get slowed down. It's really, really irritating.

I have been playing PC games since late 80s and I played a lot of them.
And this one, this one has to be the best game I played.

You can have a small party, large party and even throw a party.
You can be delivery boy, bandit, merchant, mercenary, lord, lady, king, queen, evil, good, honorable, even a loner.
You can wear fancy shirt, dress, armor or nothing.
You can fight in epic battle, not fight at all, or die falling down from castle wall.

What's there to dislike?

Back
Top Bottom