Replay System

Users who are viewing this thread

Wu-long said:
Mr.X said:
Wu-long said:
NovaTitan said:
Armagan said:
Good idea. Unfortunately replay feature requires quite a bit of work. I hope I can find the time to do it.

It's been 6 years.  :lol:

Other pressing issues has taken our Supreme Lord aside from this "trivial matter"  :roll: such as Project Obvious. I'm sure we all value gameplay over such "features"

Maybe 6 years ago I did. Now I want a replay system before more gameplay

LOL tahts cause you've been busy on videos as of recently. And wish someting to simplair your job aha

Of course I do. I want it because I'd use it.

YES!!, a replay system for the multiplayer mode that allows you the ability to record every round to see it with the same controls that you use when you're in spectator mode  :wink:

I would like to support this wonderful initiative, because this, for example, I could make very cool videos. Frag movie fraps can do, of course. There is no problem but how do I shoot for example, in multi-opponent dying in slow motion or action against a colleague or my shoot enemies who run at me from the perspective of the observer? It is unrealistic and, thanks to a replay can be done.

Filmiku Title:
She Looked 16 By Katha on YT

Frapsie brilliant performance in such a film does not attain.

Recording the enemy before he shoots:

0:54 to 1:01, 1:45 to 1:49

After receiving the fatal shot:

2:15

I doubt your frag buddies looked at him and just recorded from two perspectives.

An example of such a system replays from the game Team Fortress Team Fortress 2 wiki replays

Only, unfortunately for such a program is needed as the console team fortress, counter-strike or call of duty.

I hope the developers will get to work for it and we will make such a facility.

Blackspirit said:
Hmm, now this I imagine would be very hard to implement, but how about a replay system.

You can choose at the start of the battle/during if you want to start a replay.  It will then record movements/actions of people, and save it to a file.  When you want to see it again, the engine would load up, add the characters/land generation seed, and play out the game.

Then you could replay it at anytime, even trade you replays on the internet.  :grin: :smile:
Thanks you for the post.

Keeping this thread alive ;D I would love to see a replay system implemented somehow, Although i imagine the technical side of it would be rather daunting but from a business perspective Machinima is another popular form of free advertising So even though it may just be a "feature" it can help spread the word of mouth on the M&B franchise a lot quicker than most other common advertisement methods, Food for thought ladies and gentlemen.

First of all I want to say hi to all the community here, and this is my first post.

This replay system has been on my mind and I think it should be implemented to the game because of various reasons. First of all, I've been playing simulation games, like Il-2 Sturmovik (WW2 flight simulation) and the replay system in that game offers great opportunities--like commenting on fights, formations, preparing tutorial videos without the need of uploading any video etc.--- The system mainly works as a code-recording phase. As you play, coordinations and actions of each character are individually recorded in a unique file format--in the game I mentioned, this format is .ntrk.-- The greatest part of all is that for a one hour long battle, it takes only 30mb of space; and as it is a built-in system, any player who downloads the replay file can play it in game and check every individual plane, ground object etc from any angle and speed--like slow-mo-- they want.

But the main question is, can this feature be implemented to game, even by the community's own efforts. Well, I've played League of Legends for a long time too and the same replay feature with the same mechanics was implemented to the game by the community. A software called Lol Recorder was able to record all the coordinates and actions of each individual in game in a unique file format as I've explained above.

If such a great software can be coded for this game--either by the community or producers-- I think it will both contribute to the serious atmosphere of the game and will keep community more alive as we will be able to share and discuss upon multiplayer or single player battles etc. As this game is open for modding, and there are many people out there making and trying to make brilliant mods, if this can be implemented to the game, it would be the most awesome contribution to the game.

Thanks for reading and I hope there is no spelling/grammar mistakes as I tried to write my thoughts down as clear as possible not to tire you down while reading. See you all around.

Gökhan...

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. . . Im gonna try to keep this thread alive.  this feature (whether it be a mod or not) would be a cinematic maker's dream come true.  i really hope that we can get this going again.

A replay system = A video recording software + A video player + YouTube.

Belendor said:
A replay system = A video recording software + A video player + YouTube.

Naaah man.  something that allows you to record the battle as a 3d scene.  so you can come back and look at it from different angles. 

You could take the idea one step further. Just look at GTAIV's in-game video editor, that thing is amazing. Something like that in M&B would be a dream come true, I mean, just think of ragdolls falling off a castle's battlements during a massive battle as seen from multiple angles in a fluid, seamless shot, a thing of beauty that'd be. And without all of the effort that comes with having to film stuff like that in real time too, you could edit every aspect of a battle at your leisure, try every possible camera position until you find the right one.

Back
Top Bottom