[SoT] Announcement - Back from the grave

Users who are viewing this thread

Kolba

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry to inform you about that, but I'm ending making Song of Taliesin and being its leader. That's mainly due to the personal and family related things and loss of motivation for leading this mod (but not modding, as I'm still hoping to make another mod one day).

I would like to thank all people, who helped me getting this mod to released state and all who are listed in credits. Greatest thanks to Morcant, for being a co-leader of mod and helping me with historical accuracy; Spongly, for excellent suggestions about Anglo-Saxons; Vlad Flyzzz, Rathos and Narf of Picklestink for many beautiful models; and finally Pagan for creating magnificent period music. Also, I would like to thank Arthurian: Total War team for splendind research about early medieval Britain. Additionally, great thanks to Idibil and Vikingr for wonderful exchange between their mods and Song of Taliesin.

It was a great pleasure to work with you on SoT!  :smile:

I'd be happy to yield position for someone who would like to continue it and perhaps port to WB. If you are interested, just write here. A lot of stuff is already done, so you don't have to start making mod from scratch and you'll get help from the rest of team.

If you are looking for a good mod similiar to SoT, check Brytenwalda - though it is still in development, it's really awesome!

And finally some kind of the last preview for you...

Here are some screenshots of stuff done in the last months, including beautiful models by Vlad Flyzzz.

95507491.jpg

73965225.jpg

65355382.jpg

11687155.jpg

193fmj.jpg

80429751.jpg

54936254.jpg

gorka.jpg

pectas.jpg

pukti.jpg

wlocznik.jpg

pikti.jpg

pecta.jpg

piktowie.jpg

briton1.jpg

briton2.jpg

pict1.jpg

cztery.jpg

trzy.jpg

jeden.jpg

mb12.jpg

53750458.jpg

40889725.jpg

102ab.jpg

101mb.jpg

88293214.jpg

122ex.jpg

121ue.jpg

96505195.jpg

10713635.jpg

Cheers,
Kolba

Too bad that you leave this mod :neutral: I am not applying to lead your mod, but I am wondering if this means that you can finish your custom battle mod that I have waited so long for you to finish.

Custom Battle Mod is already being ported to Warband by Jezze and it should be released soon! But thanks for interest.

omg thats  not nice...

but ur screens are awsome  :twisted:

i wish u luck with ur family things  :???:

Yes, that is sad news. It was really great to work on this mod with Kolba, and I wish I could lead it myself but I have no longer the time nor the motivation for such an occupation. Anyway, I hope someone will come to take the loads of SoT and I'll gladly help him as historical adviser as I did previously.

Sad news! I hope everything's OK with the family situation Kolba.

I hope someone decides to take this up, because it would be a real shame to see a mod this good go under.

No!  :sad:

You will be missed, Kolba! And I do truly hope this mod can be saved! You've been a huge asset to the community as a whole! Good luck on your endeavors.

As there is no one (so far) interested in leading Song of Taliesin, this mod is stopped and it won't be developed further. However I'm still open for any propositions of help, but I doubt there will be any soon. My family situation got stabilized, I have more free time and I could work on SoT, but sadly I have no motivation for leading mod set in Dark Ages, as I'm having a break from Early Medieval Britain. I will be now doing scripts for The Last Days, modification based on Tolkien Middle-Earth, one of the best here.

Back
Top Bottom