Pendor Nobles

Users who are viewing this thread

cintax

Hello. I've conquered Cez (finally), and I created a training grounds there. My Kingdom is 'The Royal Kingdom of Pendor' but my nobles that are available to me seem to only be those of the Empire, not Pendor Nobles.

Help please?

Did you chose Pendor as a background culture as well?
Because if you go sovereign and haven´t picked Pendor as background culture you won´t get Pendor noble recruits.

Value them!  Train and level them up and you will have some excellent "extras" in your army.  It sometimes takes a little while for the nobles to go from faction to Pendor status - if there were already some noble recruits in the wings, so to speak, who were not recruited by the Empire, you may just be getting the leftovers.

You can check what culture you have in the Character report - my guess is you have chosen the Empire.
If you are talking about village recruits (and not Nobles) and have chosen the Pendor culture, it's normal to get a mixture of Pendor/Empire recruits from formerly Empire villages.

Dude, read the ****ing thread. He already said he had changed culture.
If it's several pages to read it might be acceptable, but hey, only a few posts...

Please, don´t you call MadVader Dude or ******.

If he hadn´t been, you wouldn´t play PoP. He coded most of it and has the ultimate insight apart from SD. Regarding PoP 3.0 I´d even reckon him to be the Guru of Code instead of SD due to the vast and amazing amount of work he did.

He didn´t say he changed culture. He said the thought he´d chosen Pendor culture. But as Fawzia says, it takes a while to finally get your chosen background factions noble recruits.

Your comment, however, is totally out of place and I´d highly appreciate it you modified it a tad.
Thank you very much.

Unholy Nightmare, please show some respect to our hardest-working Dev team mate, who is also a brilliant coder.  It is due to MadVader that we will even have a Warband port of PoP 3, and he coded huge amounts of PoP 3 for V 1.011.  He's also fixing tons of bugs in both PoP 3 and in Warband itself - Taleworlds bugs.

Cintax's problem could either be that his Pendor faction is still giving him leftover Empire noble recruits because it takes a little while for the culture to switch over in terms of noble recruits, or he may not have chosen a culture, even though he thought he did.  It would not be the first time someone made that mistake.  My guess is that it is the former.

Hello, thanks for your replies. I'm not sure what the problem was. I was very careful to choose the pendor culture, but I eventually gave up and remade my game. I'm getting Pendor nobles now.

I have another, stranger issue now, that I can't seem to figure out. I'm currently holding only 9 Young Foreign Adventurers (and yes, my party capacity is much larger than 9) but I cant seem to disband them. The disband button is grayed out and above it, it says: Party Capacity Reached. Any ideas?

Edit:
Oh, and I do not use cheats or editors or anything like that.

Since you are starting a new game anyhow, do a reinstall of PoP V 3.01 - it sounds like you might have some corrupt files or an out of date M&B V 1.011.  Bring your M&B V 1.011 up to date with the Taleworlds patch, then reinstall PoP V 3.01 in its module folder.  (PoP V 3.01 is made for that patched version.)  This is not an error we've had reported before, nor did any of us get it testing, so I suspect the game's installation.  If you have space on your computer, put M&B into its own file separate from the rest of your Natives and put only PoP V 3.01 into its module folder.  That has fixed a lot of wierdness in the past.

Ok, I'll do that. Thank you sir. I'm running the steam version currently and I was unable to find the retail version download from your website. I'll be downloading the retail from CNET and then activating it using my steam cd key.

Hopefully, this will fix it. Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.

cintax said:
Hello, thanks for your replies. I'm not sure what the problem was. I was very careful to choose the pendor culture, but I eventually gave up and remade my game. I'm getting Pendor nobles now.

I have another, stranger issue now, that I can't seem to figure out. I'm currently holding only 9 Young Foreign Adventurers (and yes, my party capacity is much larger than 9) but I cant seem to disband them. The disband button is grayed out and above it, it says: Party Capacity Reached. Any ideas?

Edit:

It happens sometimes with various troops. Play a bit more and it usually goes back to normal.

mr48 said:
cintax said:

Edit:

It happens sometimes with various troops. Play a bit more and it usually goes back to normal.

As far as I know, it's a Native bug we can't fix - but seems to clear up after fighting another battle (a small one, with few rescued prisoners).
EDIT: Or it can be the dreaded 32-troop type limit of the 2008 version of Mount and Blade.
The latest, 2009 version can be found here:
http://download.taleworlds.com/mountandblade_1011_setup.exe

Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar said:
If you have space on your computer, put M&B into its own file separate from the rest of your Natives and put only PoP V 3.01 into its module folder.  That has fixed a lot of wierdness in the past.

Do you mean make a separate install of M&B 1.011 and delete the Native folder in the /Modules dir., thus only have the POP 3.0 folder?

Hey, seems to be working fine. I have to work all the way up to where I was before though :sad:

In any case, thanks for your help guys. If I may though, I have another question.

I've been trying (in my previous games) to completely eliminate the Snake Cult from the game. I've gotten them to the "weakened" state, but I couldn't figure out how to wipe them out. Any ideas if this is possible?

Does anyone else feel like the "equalization" of knighthood orders, paired with the buffs to normal troops, has caused KO's to be rather meaningless? I mean, they don't really dominate the battlefield like they used to be able to, and since all orders are fairly equal, it seems like a waste to spend a qualis on founding some of the more "rare" orders.

Dunno. I guess I'm just a fan of "unfair" and "imbalanced". I prefer the knighthood orders to be the elite of pendor, and the differences between them to be substantial.

We did that deliberately so as to balance the game.  You can still turn them into tanks by paying a lot of money to upgrade them but it will cost you now to imbalance your game.

On a somewhat related note, does anyone know why Laria wont let me build a training grounds?  I trained the steward and all.  Not sure what's up.  :smile: 

Perhaps it´s already there? Perhaps you´re already building somethign there? Perhaps you aren´t fitting the prequesites?
Perhaps they all turned pacificsts? Who knows? The pen may be actually sharper and mightier than the sword but sharpened pointed metal sticks usally kill and paper only burns...

So...  :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom