Pendor Nobles

Users who are viewing this thread

Warpath said:
Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar said:
In the late game, you may get a chance to hire some, too.

Pity you only get to hire the poor ones, if you got a couple dozens of hauptmans, twohanders and forlorn hope , now that would  be nice.

The top Mattnheim troops dont have shields, so they wouldn't be all that great for sieges, and on the open field I prefer to use heavy cavalry anyways.

Speaking of that, how does hiring mercenary armies work exactly? Can someone outline the whole procedure so I know what to look for when if they are available? 

*****, *****, *****.  It is never good enough, is it? You get to hire some of the top tier mercenaries but that's not sufficient -they have to be top tier in their categories.  Some of you people need to get lives and quit nit-picking every minor aspect of PoP.
looks like someone forgot to take their medicine today or it's that time of the month already

but seriously... if someone says "it would be nice if..." it's not that they are bi*chy...
since when wishful thinking has been considered in the complaint department?

I've got many things that i wish would be different  or know few things that in my opinion would enhance the gameplay or the immersion of the mod.. but that doesn't mean that i don't like the mod or appreciate the work that has been put into this mod over the years.
What's more - the fact that people are visiting this community and are brainstorming ideas of how they would improve the mod even further is the evidence itself that they are enjoying this mod and have spent hours of gameplay fulfilling the prohecy - trust me if they didn't like the mod they would just move to play a different module or different game - instead they come and share their thoughts, come seek advice or just brag about how awesome they are in game terms...

@Mr48 - there is no process as such for hiring mercenary armies.  You may at some point in the late game receive notice that there are mercenaries at your gates wanting to speak to you.  This may not happen every game as it is one of the randomly generated "heartbeat quests."  If you talk to the mercenary leader and they are for hire, you can hire them.  Some may be Mettenheim mercenaries, but there are other types of mercenary available, depending on which the game chooses to offer.

@QnevvenZolond- your criticism of my "wishful thinking" that people would quit "wishing" constantly for more "improvements" to PoP 3 is as puerile as your suggestion that it is "the wrong time of the month."  What a pity your list of female reasons for annoyance is limited to the most juvenile and sexist one but I'm considering the source . . .

Though, and even your lovely husband ´ll have to admit that, M,
"the wrong time of the month."
isn´t the most sexiest one but one of the more legal ones.

But on the other hand, if I´d have tooth aches I´d be grumpy too :wink:

Four inverted commas in one sentence. I´m impressed. I reckon you´re just clipping ammunition in your AK-74 magazine, eh?

Noosers: Why can't you just accept that I am a ***** by choice, and that what time of the month it is is an irrelevancy as well as an inaccuracy?  I was merely expressing my regret that QZ had to fall back on the world's most hackneyed and overused male explanation to account for my irritation at yet another whine about why we don't give them enough of this and that in PoP.  That particular explanation of a woman's snapping at someone in a bad mood may be legal and used regularly but it is also responsible for many guys getting shot, you know.

@Mr48 - there is no process as such for hiring mercenary armies.  You may at some point in the late game receive notice that there are mercenaries at your gates wanting to speak to you.  This may not happen every game as it is one of the randomly generated "heartbeat quests."  If you talk to the mercenary leader and they are for hire, you can hire them.  Some may be Mettenheim mercenaries, but there are other types of mercenary available, depending on which the game chooses to offer.

Is the likelihood of that message appearing comparable to the likelihood of one of the other faction leaders hiring a merc army? Because that happens relatively often.

@Fawzia
I didn't mean to offend you or be disrespectful and sexist...

The comment in the first sentence of my reply was meant to be a joke - i guess i didn't articulate it well enough and didn't add a "winking smiley" (that most people don't even look at)...

i could argue more but don't want to be called juvenile again (not to mention other inaccurate innuendos)

so let's just focus ourselves on the discussion about the game and mod - and next time (and this is really general advice not just for the people at power here) when you are pissed in real life with issues that is none of our business and beyond our knowledge - maybe it's better to take a break and chill for some time and not vent all your angers on the common folk of this community

I've seen this type of encounter before so this time I thought I'd post briefly about IMS or Irritable Male Syndrome...

1) Men's testosterone, for instance, varies and goes up and down four or five times an hour.
2) There are daily cycles with testosterone being higher in the morning and lower at night.
3) Men have a monthly hormonal cycle that is unique to each man, but men can actually track their moods and recognize they are related to hormonal changes through the month.
4) We know that there are seasonal cycles with testosterone higher in November and lower in April.
5) We know about hormonal cycles with males during adolescence, but also the years between 40 and 55 have what we call male menopause or andropause.
6) Finally, we know there are hormonal changes in men going through IMS, related to stress in a man's life.

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=431376

Not much clinical research published yet but I know of 2 ongoing studies right now so expect to hear more about this in the coming few years.

i recruited a mercenary company in the early game - I think around 100th day when i sieged and won first castle. A day later empire lord came and sieged me... i decided to stay in castle to defend it even though i had minimal chances of survival (my forces were largely decimated and i had no troops in garrison whatsover).
Just before the battle during the siege started i got message about the mercs at my gates (it was all kind of general mercs like sellswords, armsmen, xbowmen and horsemen in total 60-80 men).
Now i don't know if that event was pushed/triggered by the siege in which i was about to be crashed (had maybe 50 troops that survived after i won the castle) but i know for sure that those mercs has saved the day... most of them died in battle but i have managed to push back attackers during the first battle, so that i could then sneak out of the castle and get whatever reinforcements i could get before the next battle begins.
The day is now 493 and i havn't had a chance to hire any other mercs - especially none of the new ones (Veccavi, Mattenheim, Barclay)

The mercs you get are good just as meat shields anyway. Put them in a castle as garrison or have them lead a castle siege to break the stair blockade :grin:

Back
Top Bottom