Pendor Nobles

Users who are viewing this thread

BizQUick said:
On a somewhat related note, does anyone know why Laria wont let me build a training grounds?  I trained the steward and all.  Not sure what's up.  :smile:

Probably you hit a known bug. The build menu displays only the first 15 items, so if you have a very capable steward, TGs will be unavailable until you build enough of the available buildings - they'll show up at the bottom eventually.

Aha!  Ok cool.  I'll get building.  Does anyone have any clue why all 5 cities I have have never once given me nobles?  Even tho they all have updated towns and training grounds built?  It's odd.  The only place I get any is at the original castle I took where I created the Silvermist order.  :sad: 

You get them from asking your steward about noble recruits in ONE of your castles, after you have built training grounds.  You don't get them in every town and castle.  It is more convenient to get them all in one place, don't you think?  You should get them from one location in each faction as you conquer the various factions.  Edit: Your orders, as you found them will also spawn troops.  Did you read the FAQ about all this?

Here's how Noble recruits should work and how to get them (sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere).

You need to build Training Grounds in your castle or a town (you have to be a lord of some faction or an independent king). The steward requirements are Trainer 4 and Weapon Master 5.
There is a bug here. The build menu may not show the TG, since it can show only the first 15 improvements (this happens in cities with skilled stewards). The workaround is to build away until the TG menu option shows up.

Once you are a lord or a king, your holdings will generate new Noble recruits that accumulate in a pool, even if you have no Training Grounds anywhere. You can view their number in your Character Report.
Here's how they randomly generate every week (on payday):
- cities: 0-3
- castles: 0-1
- villages: 25% chance 1 will join

Once you have a Training Ground somewhere, talk to the steward there and in the War Room, say "View noble recruits".
You should get only one type of recruit, depending on your Culture:
- Sarleon: Sarleon Nobleman (upgrades to Sarleon Squire-at-arms -> Sarleon Knight)
- Ravenstern: Ravenstern Nobleman (upgrades to Ravenstern Squire-at-Arms -> Ravenstern Knight)
- D'Shar: D'Shar Nobleman (upgrades to D'Shar Noble Raider -> D'Shar Noble Cavalry)
- Fierdsvain: Fierdsvain Noblewoman (upgrades to Fierdsvain Sword Maiden -> Valkyrie)
- Empire: Empire Nobleman (upgrades to Empire Light Cavalry -> Empire Horseman or Empire Noble Legionnaire Recruit -> Empire Knight)
- Pendor: Pendor Nobleman (upgrades to Pendor Squire-at-Arms -> Pendor Knight -> Pendor Grey Archer or Pendor Foot Knight)

However in Beta 6, there is a bug that gives you some unpredictable troop - fixed for Beta 7.

Knighthood Order troop upgrading and conditions for creating Order chapters:
1. Order of the Dragon: Knight of the Dragon (from Ravenstern Knight)
Ravenstern Lord or in Rane. Existing chapter in Rane.
2. Order of the Lion: Knight of the Lion (from Sarleon Knight)
Sarleon Lord or in Sarleon. Existing chapter in Sarleon.
3. Immortals Chapter: Empire Immortal (from Empire Knight)
Empire Lord or in Janos. Existing chapter in Janos.
4. Windriders Chapter: D'Shar Windrider (from D'Shar Noble Cavalry)
D'Shar Lord or in Torbah. Existing chapter in Torbah.
5. Lady Valkyrie Sisterhood: Lady Valkyrie (from Valkyrie)
Fierdsvain Lord or in Javiksholm. Existing chapter in Javiksholm.
6. Order of the Griffon: Knight of the Griffon (from Pendor Knight)
Sir Darlion of Pendor in party or a Qualis Gem.
7. Order of the Falcon: Knight of the Falcon (from Pendor Knight)
Madame Ursula or Sir Rayne in party.
8. Order of the Raven Spear: Knight of the Raven Spear (from Pendor Knight)
Player owns Poinsbruk. Existing chapter in Poinsbruk.
9. Order of the Radiant Cross: Knight of the Radiant Cross (from Pendor Knight)
Player owns Ethos.
10. Order of the Clarion Call: Ranger of the Clarion Call (from Pendor Knight)
Player owns Laria. Existing chapter in Laria.
11. Order of the Dawn: Knight of the Dawn (from Pendor Knight)
Player owns Valonbray. Existing chapter in Valonbray.
12. Order of the Ebony Gauntlet: Knight of the Ebony Gauntlet (from Pendor Foot Knight)
A Qualis Gem.
13. Order of the Shadow Legion: Shadow Legion Centurion (from Empire Knight)
A Qualis Gem. Existing chapter in Cez.
14. Order of the Silvermist Rangers: Silvermist Ranger (from Pendor Grey Archer)
A Qualis Gem.
15. Order of Eventide: Knight of Eventide (from Pendor Knight)
Sir Alistair in party. Existing chapter in Singal.

BetrayTheWorld said:
A little off topic here, but wouldn't it be cool if there was a knighthood order that specialized in non-mounted melee combat?

Are you joking? Immortals and Ebony Gauntlets aren't enough for you?

There´s the most secret "Eloquent Translucent Brotherhood of the United Eloquent Pedestrian Followers of the Marquis of Fantailler" hidden ingame. It requires the most tricky key combination to unlock you can imagine. As you´re eager to know I´ll tell you the secret to unlock them exclusively.

]
Load your PoP save:
Ctrl-Tab
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Tab-Enter
Ctrl Tab
F1
F4
F11
F3
Got them.

Yeah. It´s utter nonsense. But since you read this too it´s once more proofed that how dreadful the warning someone will always push the red button no matter the outcome.

mr48 said:
BetrayTheWorld said:
A little off topic here, but wouldn't it be cool if there was a knighthood order that specialized in non-mounted melee combat?

Are you joking? Immortals and Ebony Gauntlets aren't enough for you?

i think BTW's stress goes to melee combat and NOT non-mounted combat.

Immortals have throwing spears with head-guidance (homing) system... they rarely fight in melee and kill most if not all of their enemies at range.
and Ebonies have some nasty xbows... i never liked infantry so i havn't seen Ebonies in battle for myself but from what i read here on forums they are well capable of decimating the enemy charging at them before they engage in melee...

So I think what BetrayTheWorld wanted to suggest is some kind of Knighthood Order that would be hard-core infantry unit without any ranged weapons... like for example Mattenheim Hauptmen / Forlorn Hope etc.

Once you do, I hope you´ll like them far more than you loathe and despise them.

The Rule of Cool applies. And as top cream icing, they´re helluva dangerous too.

Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar said:
In the late game, you may get a chance to hire some, too.

Great. If they're all like frederick, i'll make sure I hire them.

Sad thing is, I haven't had the time to get to the late-game(going Pendor) in any version of PoP yet, even though I think this mod is one of the few that really stand out in the crowd. But a lot of it is still new for me, so that's a bonus, I guess.

Or 2 days into PoP they'll spawn and suddenly trap you between an impassable mountain and the three seers army.... sad day that was... 20 Ravenstern Trained Militia against The Three Seers Army... we got raped... quickly.

Ebony Gauntlets with a couple upgrades are crazy awesome melee fighters.  If you got past their X-bows they had morning stars.  In earlier POP they were my city-storming force.  I have not handled them in 3.0 but I plan to. 

I'll never forget the first time I used them.  2 sat on top of a ladders playing whack-a-mole with the defenders of the city while spamming blue-green notifications on my screen.

Pity you only get to hire the poor ones, if you got a couple dozens of hauptmans, twohanders and forlorn hope , now that would  be nice.

*****, *****, *****.  It is never good enough, is it? You get to hire some of the top tier mercenaries but that's not sufficient -they have to be top tier in their categories.  Some of you people need to get lives and quit nit-picking every minor aspect of PoP.

Back
Top Bottom