Native OSP Scenes [WARBAND]OTREUMS' MAP PACK (7 Maps)

Users who are viewing this thread

***UPDATE 17th OCTOBER***
DOWNLOAD
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2292

ADDITIONS AND CHANGES

Without making a huge post, here are the changes in no particular order.

- Fixed AI barriers on a few maps to prevent horsemen from jumping down large drops safely and holding up a whole match.
- Added Extra barriers on the Battle for Hharkin map to prevent cRPG ladder users from accessing rooftops and walls, however this was the only map that was altered for cRPG.
- Removed barriers in the alleyways in the Battle for Hharkin map and replaced with more logical object placement to improve on aesthetics and to try and not confuse players.
- Expanded on the AI mesh in some maps to allow AI to access areas that players could camp out, unfortunately not all areas were covered though as it requires more effort than i'm willing to put in right now to fix those areas :razz:
- Smoothed out the terrain in the "Knee deep in Death" map to make horse riding a little less jittery and frustrating.
- Added details to the Battle for Hharkin map to give the map a little more life, also changed the texturing a little to make it more interesting.
- Fixed up a shiney water surface on the road in "Knee deep in death" which was bugging me.

Other than that, I can't think of much else.

I did add some carts to the swamp map, but really didn't like it at all, so the swamp map is as final as it is going to get.

So enjoy the latest update.

The new maps are kind of lagging behind as i've been busy with my real life job, but I do have one map that is underway which is coming along very nicely.

For those who downloaded the latest map pack already.
Download it again as I fixed up a pretty major exploit on the Volcano map that I sadly missed on release.

The version is still 17OCT10, but the scene file for map 6 was updated.

Thankyou SonKidd for pointing this out, I have added the link to my main post.

BTW, I won't be making any more maps for Warband, not for a while anyway, my life priorities, such as my games development career take precedence over gaming and map/mod making.

So no more map updates or maps will be made from me for a long time, or unless I suddenly feel the urge to make mount and blade maps :razz:

Ok, thought i'd update this thread with a bit of interesting information.

I will most likely be returning to do some more maps, but really only duel maps.

The first duel map will be....lets say.....Colossal :wink:
(That's IF the engine can handle it :razz: )

The other maps I haven't really thought of yet, but i'm sure I will in time.

Look out for something new from me probably at the end of next month :wink:

Silly me, I had not the chance to test these maps properly until now, and guess what, they're awesome.

Most of them have that adventure feeling, like "Smugglers cove", but for me the jewel of the crown is "Dry as a bone" (very conan-esque!).

Hope to see more maps from you, Otreum!

Back
Top Bottom