The Campaign of Italy (1792-1797): New Add-On: OP Update 31/10! (Screenshots!)

Users who are viewing this thread

JDeNef13

Knight at Arms
The Campaign of Italy (1792-1797)

battle_arcole.jpg

Hi everyone!

I've been building something up for a few weeks and this is the result. Fight for power in Italy as one of the five new factions, set in the First Coalition War against Napoleon Bonaparte and Revolutionary France.

Factions:
- Revolutionary France (Vaegirs in M&B)
- Austrian Empire (Swadians)
- Kingdom of Piedmont-Sardinia (Nords)
- Republic of Venice (Rhodoks)
- Italian States (Parma, Milan, Modena,...) embodied in 1 faction (Khergits)

Features:
- New factions to play with
- New map (need help with this!)
- Uniforms and outfits of the time
- Start and play easier because of the larger party size and lots of volunteers that you can recruit

New items (Updated 21/10):
1287590331-610.png
Things that this mod needs:
A) Items (outfits and weaponry):
- Swords of this time period.
- Muskets (basic Charleville will do): http://gunsofold.com/images/charleville_musket.gif
- Tarleton helmet: http://themilitarygentleman.com/GetImage.asp?Id=167&imageType=2&sequence=1
- Dragoon helmet (+ optional uniform): http://www.cyber-hobby.com/shop/images/modelkits/MiniArt16016.jpg
B) Map of Nothern Italy:
C) Banner maker:
In-game banners that you can choose should be of France, Austria,... etc.
Screenshots (Updated 31th October):
The banners of the new factions (France-Austria-Sardinia-Italian States-Venice)!
picarmsvaegir.png

picarmskhergit.png

picarmsnord.png

picarmsrhodok.png

picarmsswadian.png

Some screenshots of the new artwork you'll see in this mod (only few are shown)...
mb4.png

mb2p.png

mb3t.png

mb1r.png

mb2v.png

mb3c.png

mb4f.png

mb5.png

mb5.png

mb6.png

mb4.png

mb7.png

mb1e.png

mb2m.png

mb3.png

Credits:
Bjorne and his team.
Venitius for retexturing and uniforms.
Quintillius for making new models (items) for this add-on!
Luigi, RR_Raptor65, James, The Pope and Bismark for OSP Weapons.
Nikephoros, for the Dragoon Helmet.
Thorgrim, for BRF Edit.
jordan, for Item Editor.
HokieBT, for Troop Editor.
People in the forge for asking questions I wanted to ask, and so solved my problems,
TML for his thread of tweaks.
Einsenhouwer for Cries of War pack.
Rejenorst for Official Vocals pack.
Checkmaty for More Metal Sounds.
Sibylla for some weapons from Sibylla's weapon pack.
-IYI-O-R-T for the OSP Steampunk pack.
wildhorse and saregona for OSP Horses and textures.
Shadow_AUT for the Settlement Names mod (I edited it slightly)
Flavius Etius for v.0.1 of the new flags. (I accidentally included them without having a back up.)
Highelf for the Unofficial Modeling Tutorials (I used knowledge from after watching them to edit some meshes)
Luigi, Nijekovic, Ursca, Ubberdorc, Mirathei, Raz., The Pope and TRC for OSP Helmets.
Couched for some items from OSP Knights.
Manitas for his Auto-rigger, and Rath0s for the tutorial for that tool.
mtarini, for OpenBRF.
HokieBT, The Happy Stormtrooper, TakiJap and Geroj for OSP Clothing.
Clegane for a bonus item.
JFC, Spanky and the Regalia of Nations Team for the Flags from Empire: Total Flags v.1.3 mod for Empire: Total War.
LtChambers for Empire: Total War Pack File manager.
Yoshiboy and contributors of the Pirates! mod.
Perennial Nuisance team for some bicornes.
People who contributed in TheMageLord's Tweak Thread.
The Lords and Realms Siege Project, NICK.ALTMAN and the team.
Loads of people who I probably forgot.

This list can grow even more later on. These are items/services I can recall ATM.

The mod needs help for sure! Can you help with the following requirements that you've read above? DON'T HESITATE AND APPLY IN THIS THREAD OR PM ME!  :smile:

With the finest regards,

JDeNef13

Sounds like a nice idea. I'll send you my bicorne model on sunday (I only have acces to the module system of Europe 1805 atm)

Berthout said:
Sounds like a nice idea. I'll send you my bicorne model on sunday (I only have acces to the module system of Europe 1805 atm)
Thanks for that! :smile:

JDeNef13

bjorne. said:
Looks nice... So does this mean your previous mod is done?
Not quite. Wars of Europe is hibernating for the time being. I'll pick it up again at some point when I have some more ideas (like troops for example) to add...

JDeNef13

*Double post, apologies.*

I added screenshots of the Sardinian and Austrian army in the Screenshot spoiler at the OP. More pictures coming soon! Check this post to see if new pictures are added...

10-10-2010: Sardinia + Austria revealed.
11-10-2010: Venice revealed.
12-10-2010: Banners shown.
15-10-2010: France revealed.

JDeNef13

TheJohan said:
That looks really good! But did they really wear tricorns? I thought they used bicorns at that time?
Well, most troops indeed wore bicornes at this period, though a few units still wore tricornes. The tricorne works as a placeholder at the moment and there is a bicorne model on the way.

JDeNef13

JDeNef13 said:
TheJohan said:
That looks really good! But did they really wear tricorns? I thought they used bicorns at that time?
Well, most troops indeed wore bicornes at this period, though a few units still wore tricornes. The tricorne works as a placeholder at the moment and there is a bicorne model on the way.

JDeNef13

Ok, but wouldn't mind some randomness so keep some of the tricorns and it will look good!

TheJohan said:
JDeNef13 said:
TheJohan said:

JDeNef13
Ok, but wouldn't mind some randomness so keep some of the tricorns and it will look good!
Ofcourse! Units won't look "clone" like. I give them other sets of boots and headwear once I got the new models send over. The screenshots are pre-alpha sort of speak... :smile:

JDeNef13

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkk........ *Screams like a little girl* This mod is what I've always wanted!

AK said:
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkk........ *Screams like a little girl* This mod is what I've always wanted!
:wink: Napoleon: Total War inspired me to make this mod. It's Sega then you should thank... :lol:

JDeNef13

JDeNef13 said:
AK said:
:wink: Napoleon: Total War inspired me to make this mod. It's Sega then you should thank... :lol:

JDeNef13

Then along with wars of europe you only got The campaign of Egypt left then.

Then along with wars of europe you only got The campaign of Egypt left then.
Maybe, somewhere in the future... :smile: I'll finish this first, then move on when I'm in the mood!

JDeNef13

JDeNef13 said:
AK said:

JDeNef13
Yeah, too bad the Italy campaign is quite easy on napoleon...

AK said:
JDeNef13 said:
AK said:

JDeNef13
Yeah, too bad the Italy campaign is quite easy on napoleon...
And the fact you only have 20 turns to complete your objectives. I've never had the chance to fight against for example Lucca, Toscany,...

Progress: Added in-game banners. Carry the flag of Austria, France and the other factions to war! Planning to do some in-game artwork to. Mostly adding paintings from battles of the First Coalition War.

Finished adding artwork. Looks pretty nice I must say! Added pictures of the French army too. Check the first page.

JDeNef13

And what about the Egypt campaign? I was conquering all cities of the Ottoman Empire, but they captured it back behind my back =P. I had two/five turns left before I just lost.

I just get more sense to play Napleon - Total War again =D.

Back
Top Bottom