The Campaign of Italy (1792-1797): New Add-On: OP Update 31/10! (Screenshots!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, I saw the star on his uniform and that is anything for Emperors. Sudi555 is re-texturing the uniforms (also the one of Wellington). I asked him about his progress.

I think maybe as officer. He was a general of tactics, planning, strategies.
In the battle of Waterloo, he didn't even enter the battlefield. He was sick I think.

I think Napoleon was also fought with his troops when grabbing a flag and personally leading an assault across the Arcola bridge.  :???:
http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/6546/p1naparcola.jpg

Wiki Battle of the Bridge of Arcole:

The latter unit fought its way north along the east bank dike.[13]

Trying to inspire his men to attack, Bonaparte grabbed a flag and stood in the open on the dike. He remained miraculously untouched, but several members of his staff were hit by the intense fire and his aide-de-camp, Jean-Baptiste Muiron, was killed.[14] An unknown officer dragged Bonaparte out of the line of fire and the commanding general ended up in the muddy ditch.[12]
=D! This is wonderful! But there is no Dutch version =@!

I think that in the eyes of Bonaparte did he humiliate him.
Remember, he stood untouched in the rain of led. He can not have thought other than he was, maybe just for that moment, immortal.

The bridge battle of Arcole was a though battle for the French. Napoleon's action of leading his men into battle could have caused his death. If even one Austrian soldier got it in his mind or had the best oppertunity to shoot him, what would have happend? The Napoleonic Wars wouldn't have existed and France could have been defeated faster, with no suitable gentlemen to lead them against the European nations... Remember that Napoleon led the worst equiped army of the French forces at Italy and still won against superior trained Austrian troops...

JDeNef13

it is unfortunate at Napoleon mini series movies was not disclosed how Napoleon pushed and fell into the muddy ditch while crossing the bridge arcole.  :roll:

Napoleon also lead and fought with his troops and advanced to the front to the enemy's defense line in "the seige of Toulon". Bonaparte was injured in the thigh by a British sergeant with a bayonet  :cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56kdPuy8WHY

Cool...Napoleon seemed to use his sword to fight. :cool:

Alan De Soison said:
Napoleon also lead and fought with his troops and advanced to the front to the enemy's defense line in "the seige of Toulon". Bonaparte was injured in the thigh by a British sergeant with a bayonet  :cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56kdPuy8WHY

Cool...Napoleon seemed to use his sword to fight. :cool:
In the Toulon he was a young & minor officer and that isn't a very odd deed for a young & minor officer
And Arcole was an unusual case...  Let's not take the fun out of it... :wink:

And it would be kinda stupid, if general of those times would be some overlord-uber-super -warrior, who slains all his enemies with his officer sword...

But Napoleon was quite special. He was a very charismatic leader, not only a intelligent tactician.

Back
Top Bottom