X-Server Siege Xtravaganza - 10/22/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The need seems sufficient for the creation of an independant thread.
X-Server Event Notice!
X-Server Siege Xtravaganza
Date - 10-22-10  (moved from the 16th, apologies)
Time - 9:00pm Eastern Start (The match will start promptly at this time...with or without you)
Maps - 3 Castles / 5 Rounds Each / 8:00 Minute Rounds
Map 1 - Turin Castle (Castle 3) - Rhodok (Team 2 Defending) vs Nords (Team 1 Attacking)
Map 2 - Rhudkhan Castle (Castle 2) - Vaegir (Team 1 Defending) vs Khergits (Team 2 Attacking)
Map 3 - Mahdaar Castle (Castle 5) - Sarranid (Team 2 Defending) vs Swadia (Team 1 Attacking)
Respawn - 5 Second Attacking
Server Size - 60 slots
Gold - 2000/150/150
FF - 100% Friend - Melee/Ranged

Seige Recap Videos:
Part 1  Epic
Part 2   Epicer
Part 3 (updated to fix some editing errors)

Registration and Disclaimer: Participation will be based on registration by quoting and posting in this thread.  Do not register your clan if you "might" be able to attend, need to check with someone, or don't have the numbers. Serious Registrations Only.  List your expected number of troops upon your registration.  You will be held to this prediction.  Participating clans are a first come, first server basis.  You will be sided with additional clans that register with you therefore if you wish a particular ally I recommend quickly solidifying your alliance and register together.  I hold the right to revoke the registration of a clan at anytime if I see fit.

Mercenary Slots = 6 Max.  You may register as a mercenary for this event but involvement will be by clans hiring you to their team. 
Xtravaganza Duel Tournament for Mercenary Selection: 10-17-10 @ 6:00pm eastern on X-server
Duel Rules:
Faction = Swadia
No Shields
Minimum Armour Only
First fighter to 3 wins is the winner.

The Results of the Duel Competition are as follows:
1st = Balion Mercenaries 2-0
2nd = Defenders of Faith 2-1
3rd = Paladins of the Round Table 1-2
4th = Thunder Bringer Guard 0-2
5th = Kingdom of Avalon (DNS)
6th = Golden Kingdom (DNS)

1. Hoboknight Puppy
2. Scott Ray Balion = Team 1
3. Fortinbras DoF = Team 2
4. Ravenstein DoF = Team 2
5. Master Unicorn KoA = Team 2
6. SPQR PRT = Team 1
7. FroggyLuv  GK = Team 1

Rules of Engagment
1. Clans will designate no more than 2 "delegates".  Only "delegates" may utilize non-team chat.  This will be enforced by kicking offenders during the match if needed.
2. Defending clans may mount a force to sally out of the castle.  This force may only exit through a gate, door, or down a ladder.  No jumping from walls/opening/towers ect. to the outside part of the castle.
3. Spies will be allowed to open gates/doors if they can be persuaded to do so.  This is strictly at their own loss of honor and/or risk of personal injury.  :lol:
4. Any and all strategies may be utilized to take/defend a castle.  Put your thinking caps on.  :wink:

Spies/Subterfuge - I see a variety of ways a spy could be utilized to gain access to a castle's defenses.  Therefore spies will be allowed to be utilized in this event.  The spy must agree upon these stipulations...
1. If they are discovered and teamkilled, they must go spectator and remain spectator for the remainder of the entire match
2. If discovered, the spy has the ability to escape if possible and retreat to the enemy forces.  If they make it to the ranks of the army they aided then they may join the ranks and fight with them.
      Sub-clause : If the spy escapes by "jumping" from a wall or tower they are not allowed to fight with that side for the remainder of that round.  (They must have time to heal).  :smile:
3. Once they attempt/succeed in making it to the other team they are not allowed to attempt another act of subterfuge for the remainder of that castle.

Clan Alliances w/ Troops available to fight
Team 1 = Balion, PRT, Golden Kingdom, Dark Covenant, Mercenaries - Score = 13
:vs: 
Team 2 = Thunder Bringer Guard, Kingdom of Avalon, The Kingdom of Veluca - Score = 0

Clan
RobertMUGABE said:
Ok this is an official registration. We can field 7-10 men.
jon1414 said:
KoA would like to join ...KoA will able to bring 7 men
Marin Peace Bringer said:
DoF would like to participated...We can bring 6 men.
MadocComadrin said:
GK can fill the 3-5 position.

Mercenary
Leto said:
I'd like to sign up as a merc.
Scott Ray said:
I can merc and what is this?
fortinbras_martel said:
I could merc for the event.
RaVeN said:
There are rooms left it seems, may I participate as a mercenary? Of course, being Ravenstein.
masterunicorn said:
Sign me up as a merc please
SPQR said:
Damn.. Both Raven and Fortinbra Mercs?  Sounds dangerous.... very dangerous..

ah.. what the heck.

A pint of Guinness will balance it all out.

I am in.

X

The TBG... have come... TO BRING THE THUNDERRR! Especially if the balions are fighting :razz:

Do we need allies to fight with us?

RobertMUGABE said:
The TBG... have come... TO BRING THE THUNDERRR! Especially if the balions are fighting :razz:

Do we need allies to fight with us?

Mad_Dawg said:
Participating clans are a first come, first server basis.  You will be sided with additional clans that register with you therefore if you wish a particular ally I recommend quickly solidifying your alliance and register together.

Is this an official registration?
If so please follow proper procedure as outlined in the OP... :wink:

Thnx

Ok this is an official registration. We can field 7-10 men. We would like to register with Koa but let me ask them first! For now TBG is in! Thunder shall be brought!! :grin:

Looking forward to this. I appreciate the use of castle numbers and name for us people who still don't know the castles by the names.

I would like to suggest an amendment to the rules. I wish that we are able to jump off of castles as it is fun, and most likely, somebody will fall anyways. Heck, it puts the jumper at more of a disadvantage then anything else for it takes health away.

findecanno said:
Looking forward to this. I appreciate the use of castle numbers and name for us people who still don't know the castles by the names.

I would like to suggest an amendment to the rules. I wish that we are able to jump off of castles as it is fun, and most likely, somebody will fall anyways. Heck, it puts the jumper at more of a disadvantage then anything else for it takes health away.

That rule is in effect to create a deeper sense of roleplaying as in a real battle one couldn't swan dive from the towers and actually be an effective fighter.  It is also there to create an additional depth of strategy that the attacking side must watch the gate, sally doors, or ladders that they put up for a party set to engage combat outside the castle. 
I see no reason within those parameters that it should be changed therefore the rule stands as originally stated.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Very well, I see the logic to why the rule is in place. For an added Roleplaying element, could we discuss negations and yell insults at each other before the real combat starts? Might be fun...

So Madawg will this no jumping off walls rule be enforced and what will be done to make sure no one does it just wanna know we might or might not join because of this  :wink:

findecanno said:
Very well, I see the logic to why the rule is in place. For an added Roleplaying element, could we discuss negations and yell insults at each other before the real combat starts? Might be fun...

I setup the maps and factions so the castle style meets the factions involved and the ability for a "storyline" could be developed around them.  If someone wishes to do this it would be most welcomed...unless it's just terrible.  :razz:

Map 1 - A Nordic invasion has pushed the Rhodoks back to defend their castle.
Map 2 - The Vaegir army purposefully drew the Khergit hordes back to their castle as not to fight them on the open plains
Map 3 - A Crusader themed assault

Therefore, if a parlay between the faction leaders were to take place to support such a storyline I could see the benefit of the regular troops cheering or bantering.  There must be an agreed upon ceasefire for this to take place.  From discipline I've seen in the past...this may be difficult. 
I am open to further input from clans that register.  Unregistered clans input is not needed via the thread, please PM me.

jon1414 said:
So Madawg will this no jumping off walls rule be enforced and what will be done to make sure no one does it just wanna know we might or might not join because of this  :wink:
All rules will be strictly enforced via warnings/kicks/temp bans as I see fit.
By registering your clan you are giving your word of honor that you will follow these and any further rules I wish to implement from this time until the time of the match.  If there are issues with the rules I create, I ask that you do not register.  Pretty simple actually... :wink:

Edit: OP updated with details to the use of Spies during the match.  :razz:

Mad_Dawg said:
Event Notice!
X-Server Seige Xtravaganza
Date - 10-16-10
Time - 9:00pm Eastern Start
Maps - 3 Castles / 5 Rounds Each / 8:00 Minute Rounds
Map 1 - Turin Castle (Castle 3) - Rhodok (Team 2 Defending) vs Nords (Team 1 Attacking)
Map 2 - Rhudkhan Castle (Castle 2) - Vaegir (Team 1 Defending) vs Khergits (Team 2 Attacking)
Map 3 - Mahdaar Castle (Castle 5) - Sarranid (Team 2 Defending) vs Swadia (Team 1 Attacking)
Respawn - 5 Second Attacking / 15 Second Defending
Server Size - 50 slots
Gold - 2000/150/150
FF - 100% Friend - Melee/Ranged

Registration and Disclaimer: Participation will be based on registration by quoting and posting in this thread.  Do not register your clan if you "might" be able to attend, need to check with someone, or don't have the numbers. Serious Registrations Only.  List your expected number of troops upon your registration.  You will be held to this prediction.  Participating clans are a first come, first server basis.  You will be sided with additional clans that register with you therefore if you wish a particular ally I recommend quickly solidifying your alliance and register together.  I hold the right to revoke the registration of a clan at anytime if I see fit.

Mercenary Slots = 6 Max.  You may register as a mercenary for this event but involvement will be by clans hiring you to their team.  As mercenaries register an amount will be placed for your hiring.  Teams will have limited resources to hire mercenaries if they so desire.  The process for accumulating funds is soon to be devised.  :razz:
1. Hoboknight Puppy
2. Scott Ray

I could merc for the event.

jon1414 said:
KoA would like to join TBG in this Epic seige  :grin:

KoA will able to bring 7 men at least and would it be ok if we added more later ??  :grin:
Added

RobertMUGABE said:
TBG and KoA! HUZZAH! Put it down in the books mad_dawg... and watch your head.. my arrow seems to lust for your face..  :twisted:
Why yes, I am quite pertty...I have that effect alot. *Mad Dawg blushes

Isn't the spy going to be fairly easy to detect?
Assuming all clans involved wear a tag all you do is kill the guy who doesn't have a tag or kill that clan member who you swear was never in your clan.

Mad_Dawg said:
crazyboy11 said:
Isn't the spy going to be fairly easy to detect?
Assuming all clans involved wear a tag all you do is kill the guy who doesn't have a tag or kill that clan member who you swear was never in your clan.
Uhmm...who are you?  Are you registering?  :roll:
Pardom me as my response was a bit rash.  That would seem the logic course, yes.  So clans must monitor their men and numbers during the battles to help ensure they have not been infultrated.  Excellent work point out the recommened actions.  Let's see how easy it is when the battle is on...which is pretty much the point.  Good Post  :razz: *thumbs up*  Does OL wish to join?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom