Have a child?

Users who are viewing this thread

SeRgYu

Sergeant at Arms
Ok I'm not talking about having s3x and all that crap just when you create your character it would be cool for you to age and if you have a child you can continue playing the game with your child.Would it be cool?I mean it will be more realistic!

OL 512 said:
But what about time? You'll have to play a LONG time to see your child become a adult..

I played the **** out of the old M&B and I reached 3 and 1/2 years ingame, so I agree, having your son grow up to take your place would require an awful amount of time.

I didn't think about that. But now that you mention it...

What if you've been playing for a while with one character, you establish yourself in Calradia, form a small kingdom and get a wife. When you get bored, you hit the retirement button. The following years are simulated, and you have the option of taking control of your successor, ideally your child. You could then land in a number of different scenarios with your status, depending on if the kingdom expanded or crumbled. In fact, by doing this you would get a chance to see some developement in Calradia.

Lol, just another thought (it's late :razz: ) : What if certain factions did not exist at the beginning of the game, but appeared later as invader factions? I don't know, just a thought. I don't mean to hijack the thread or whatever.

Carry on.

Pistol Pete said:

What if you've been playing for a while with one character, you establish yourself in Calradia, form a small kingdom and get a wife. When you get bored, you hit the retirement button. The following years are simulated, and you have the option of taking control of your successor, ideally your child. You could then land in a number of different scenarios with your status, depending on if the kingdom expanded or crumbled. In fact, by doing this you would get a chance to see some developement in Calradia.
Well that's just stu...wait, that's actually pretty nice idea, good job Pistol Pete

Grimmend said:
Pistol Pete said:

What if you've been playing for a while with one character, you establish yourself in Calradia, form a small kingdom and get a wife. When you get bored, you hit the retirement button. The following years are simulated, and you have the option of taking control of your successor, ideally your child. You could then land in a number of different scenarios with your status, depending on if the kingdom expanded or crumbled. In fact, by doing this you would get a chance to see some development in Calradia.
Well that's just stu...wait, that's actually pretty nice idea, good job Pistol Pete

Very good idea, this could actually work and finally give a use to the "retirement" option beside look how your character will end.

This might not be overly realistic, but why not just have the child grow up to ~mid-teens in about a year or so ingame? It's a hell of a long time to be playing (IMO) and means you can still be King/Queen/Vassal and have children as Generals/Ladies (after a few more months-one more year).

I like the retirement idea, would be interesting to be a Grand Emperor of all Calradia, retire and then pick up as your son struggling to retain the small pieces of your Kingdom still alive.

I would LOVE to see a combination of Warband and Crusader Kings, so that you can kill a lord you don't particularly like if you feel like it.  Then his successor would take over his fief with a grudge against you.

Obviously, the time frame would have to be sped up or it would take forever for your kids to grow up.

Maybe in Mount & Blade II (*fingers crossed*)

I like the idea of using the retire button to skip ahead to your son/daughter. It would also be neat for them to have their siblings as heroes in taverns or your party, they would all have to have some kind of generic dialouge though.

the idea came to me too (i play sims 2 form time to time, so prolly got influenced there), but never really knew how to solve the problem with the time that needed to pass for your child to reach adulthood. now having read pistol petes post i must say im stunned by the simple, but brilliant solution - freakin genius!

and also the off-topic idea with the invading tribes is worth a thought - just imagine a horde of lords from a yet unestablished faction comming over the sea/the mountains with their large, high-tier armys and laying waste to the already war-ridden kingdoms of calradia (maybe they would not even have to conquer any cities/castles, but just terrorize the area for a few months, then dissapear to appear with an even stronger force in the next year).

I like the idea of having children, but not so much of them magically growing up in less than a year.

To a noble, an heir is very important. It provides stability to the kingdom by having an obvious successor and it means the family will live on. Having a child should have some sort of benefit, such as gaining Right to Rule, but the child should also be able to die (through disease). I always play female, as do others, so pregnancy would be a realism problem... Keeping a pregnant player out of combat would be bad for game-play, ignoring it would be problematic as well.

Perhaps the woes of pregnancy should be hidden for the sake of gameplay as in Harvest Moon. Then, on a certain random day, the game will just announce that "You've had a child!"

Or perhaps the player should be prohibited from having children himself/herself, and they should just be random NPCs strewn about towns and villages. You could then tip them off to perform pranks/diversions for you or something.

That's not a bad idea. Your child, if you have any, probably shouldn't grow up magically in a year, but if you retire you should be given the option to start a new game as your child (now fully grown). If you were royalty when you retired, the new character should have plenty of right-to-rule, too.

Hell why not, you can already get married so why not have kids to?
I can just imagine the father-son bonding.
*Thats not right you gotta shoot em in the head they go down faster*
Looter Dies *How's that father?* *At ta boy!*

Back
Top Bottom