Stalking Supply wagon issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Idibil said:
whisperinc said:
Idibil said:
Update you mod to 1.331 version plz

Did it. The wagon got lost while i played the 1.33 version. i updated it to the 1.331, and tried to continue with the same savegame.

1.331 delete bug, but it dont recovery wagon, sorry.

Hi there,
got the message "your caravan brought a INVALID_ITEM to ..." and i play the 1.332 version. Tryed to sort out the item manually but without succsess.
I sold all items manually and at next fight i send the wagon again (tryed different citys) and same problem :sad:
Any solutions?  :?:
Thx
Snuggy

I tryed a savegame without own kingdom and there supply wagon works perfect  :???: i am a little confused about that lol

I have be waiting till my hero comes back from his order to go to a lord and offering him a fief if he joins me and than i have send supply wagon but the error message cames again. Do i something wrong or is the game now "unrepairable damaged" so that i have to start again a new game?

/o\ oh no .. tryed to abandon the one wagon and build a new one but doesnt work :-/ **** happens... but can you explain what to do to avoit this error in future? When i use a supply wagon than i should renounce sending gift caravans looks like sending gifts to "hot girls" and offering fiefs by hero to another lord from other faction?

hmm looking at these comments, are SUpply Wagons bugged? I tried to assign one of my heroes Orosio as leader for the wagon, but there is no option for that. Is something wrong?

i just got that bug too, the invalid item thingy with my supply wagon - I'm running 1.35 with Warband 1.143

also, i have no gift caravans on the way, i used to send one about a few weeks in-game time ago, but that's about it

luckily i saved just before i send it, so it's not that big of a deal, i don't use the wagon to sell stuff anyway, i use it for Food, after all it's a "Supply" wagon :grin:

just thought I'd tell you guys, seems that bug is still holding on.

Oh, and by the way, it would be awesome if your Army could directly eat food from the supply wagon, that really bugs me, especially during sieges!

Anyhow, great mod :smile:

so I assigned one of my companions to the supply wagon and it would let me put people on it to gaurd it so i sent it off anyway. After saying that there was an invalid item when selling i havnt seen the wagon or my companion. Also i cannot build a new wagon to just fix the problem, any help?
im in 1.39 vers

Wondering if anyone has found a cause or solution to the invalid item problem? I had a wagon previously that worked fine until getting killed. Then when I rebuilt it I used a heavy pony and a regular pony and now I get the invalid item message no matter what is in it. Could it be related to the type of pony used to make it?

I don't know if anyone is monitoring this thread, but I hope so, because I would REALLY like the Supply Wagon to be fixed.  In anycase, I hope this information may help.

I like having a castle that is out of the way and doesn't come under attack often, so I usually conquer a castle before Swearing my Oath to a king.  I noticed my Supply Wagon stop functioning properly (with the Invalid Item error and disappearing from the game) after I swore vassalage.  Fortunately, I save a lot, and was able to go back to several different stages.  What I found was this:  If I destroyed the Supply Wagon... Became King... Swore Vassalage... and then re-built my Supply Wagon, it seemed to work okay; other than the Color remaining as Rebel Red.

The other thing I noticed with the Supply Wagon, before it would get the "Invalid Item Error" is that it would be labelled as the Name of My Kingdom, which no longer existed.

I believe what is happening is:  When the Supply Wagon is first created it is a Caravan Under the Player; when you become King (or swear vassalage), it becomes a Caravan Under Your Kingdom... but once you are no longer a king, and your Kingdom no longer exist, Your Supply Wagon, Still being listed as a Caravan under your kingdom, because the Invalid Item.  I also tried Destroying and re-building the caravan after swearing vassalage, but got the same error.  The only time it worked "Close to Correctly" was by getting rid of it, before I became King, and re-building it after my Kingdom was gone.  NOTE:  I didn't do a lot of testing here; I Destroyed the Cart, Conquered a castle, Swore Vassalage, Sent the Wagon on a Run, It returned and I was done; happy with the fact that I may have found a 'Quick Fix', and would only have to throw away about 2 Game Weeks of work, since I had spent that time just finding troops for the castle before even realizing there was a problem.

Also, someone stated that Sending a Gift May have been a part of the problem; I haven't sent any gifts to anyone throughout this game.

On a slightly different note; thus far I have not had the issue where the Supply Wagon was stalking; however, there was a case in which the Supply Wagon wouldn't re-join (I kept telling it I didn't have room).  I believe this occurred because at the time I had more prisoners than I was allowed to hold; which was (I think) due to hurt soldiers and the loss of men after a fight; but once we rested the number went back up, and the supply wagon joined.  Had a similar issue happen once with Spies after a Skirmish where they had captured Prisoners and I had not attached my prisoners to the Supply Wagon yet.

I hope any of this or all of this may help.  We mustn't lose the Supply Wagon: of all the great features in this Mod... this is in the Top 5!!!!

Okay UpDate:  And simi-Good News!!!

The Chancellor is the problem.  I tried re-creating what I stated prior about Destroying your Supply Wagon and Re-Building... but it didn't work the second time.  The fact is; it's the Chancellor... it's always be him... the JERK!!!

Once (and IF) you have a Chancellor he turns your Supply Wagon into a Gift Cart.  If you notice when your Supply Wagon makes his delivery, you get a message stating your rep has increased with the city and the Invalid Item Error.  The Invalid Item isn't the Supply Wagon... it's the stuff in it; it doesn't qualify as a Gift (i.e., No Wine, Booze or Oil, etc.).  But regardless, once the Gift Cart arrives it's removed from the game; and I think your Companion is treated as a Caravan Master and removed as well.

The Fix (and depending on your Playing Style may Suck) is to not hire the Chancellor; or in my case, I was able to Fire Him prior to sending out my Supply Wagon and lose NO Game Time.  The Supply Wagon is still Rebel Red and denotes my Kingdom Name (which no longer exist) but he drops off and returns per normal.  So you have to choose between the Chancellor and the Supply Wagon; and personally, it's a no brainer... if they want wine they can come to my parties.  Hmmm... of course, without a chancellor you will need a wife to thrown a party - nag nag nag!!!

Off Subject, and out of curiousity; when a woman gets married in this game, who manages the household???

Anyway... I hope this one really does help; and possiby lead to a better solution.

You have to have ponies specifically, not horses, donkies or mules. They can be a pain to find sometimes. You can always use morgh's editor to increase their 'abundance' stat, they'll show up in shops more.

Hi

I was wondering if it is possible to change how the Supply Wagon reacts when it tries to join? Mine works awesome, and I love it, but it happens at times that it comes back and I don't have room for all the units. It freaks out then...You can't move then it jumps on you " Hey ! So can we join now?" .." No, sorry no room. " " Ok." ..... You try to move " Hey! .. I saw you twitch .. so can I join you now" ... etc etc... I can't do anything but run away from the stalker, and it disrupts Sieges and everything. So just a option to say "Follow until further notice" or something would be great.

That won't be an easy fix from what I've seen.
I would say mid-May.
Another other issues?
This has been a historically buggy invention, but few or no other mods have it.

Back
Top Bottom