Hair mods?

Users who are viewing this thread

ripple

Knight
I can't find any cosmetic mods. I don't mean new hair textures, but new hair meshes with accompanying skin.txt. I've seen MB screenshots of characters with what look like Ren's hair meshes, and there some major overhaul mods that come with custom hairs, so surely there is some hair packs out there, and at least someone must have started converting them for MB:WB.....anyone?

Sibylla_pack unfinished

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,62156.0.html?PHPSESSID=mjmvpfp8llpmu15ccivsbplng0

Somewhere in that 21 page thread are the instructions for installing them.

for Hair Styles. To add these go into skins.txt at the top you will see a line with man_hair_s, at the end of that line add the male hairs and punk hairs (if you wish). Then the number above this line, (in native is 20) add the number of hairs you added, if its 5 then change this number to 25.

it looks like this:

man_hair_s

For female hairs it is the same thing (native is 7)

woman_hair_p

Male hairs: sib_hairn1  sib_hairn5  legolas_hair  sib_hairafro1  sib_17hair1  sib_17hair2

Punk hair: sib_pnkhr1  sib_pnkhr2  sib_pnkhr3  sib_pnkhr4  sib_pnkhr5  sib_pnkhr6

Female hairs: sib_hairn2  sib_hairn3  sib_hairn4  sib_hairn5  sib_hairn6  sib_curly  rensibhair1  sib_17hair3  ren_sibhair2  sib_Leia_Hair  sib_hairn7

Bugs: There are some rigging problems with :sib_17hair1,  sib_17hair2, sib_17hair3 which make them unusable

You can fiddle with OpenBrf to make the 3 unusable ones better by scaling and whatever the term is for moving a model's position.  I'm not running windows right now so I can't check which menu its in.  It has the x,y,z coordinates in it.  I really like the female and punk hairstyles.  The download also contains a facepack to add more faces, a weapons pack, and a crown pack.

Thanks for the link, I was hoping I wouldn't have to fire up OpenBRF and extract the hair meshes from all those mods with custom hairs. I suppose there isn't much of a demand for custom hair compilation for a game where your character is (probably) wearing a helmet all the time.

ripple said:
Thanks for the link, I was hoping I wouldn't have to fire up OpenBRF and extract the hair meshes from all those mods with custom hairs. I suppose there isn't much of a demand for custom hair compilation for a game where your character is (probably) wearing a helmet all the time.

If you are into hair and makeup, try the sims.

If you are into stabbing people and ruling the world, play warband.

Fattyfat said:
ripple said:

If you are into hair and makeup, try the sims.

If you are into stabbing people and ruling the world, play warband.

That's brilliant. How long did it take you to come up with that useless contribution to this conversation? I am not into "hair and make-up." I am into customizing and personalizing my character, companions, and giving variety to NPC appearances if it were possible. Why do you think there are so many armour and sword mods? How many different types of swords do we really need since they all really do one thing? Should these people be modding for Dragon Age or Oblivion instead? Warband is a slightly more sophisticated game than "stabbing people and ruling the world", because at least one of those things is optional. It must kill you that there are people who don't play this game the way you think it should be played.

That's brilliant. How long did it take you to come up with that useless contribution to this conversation? I am not into "hair and make-up." I am into customizing and personalizing my character, companions, and giving variety to NPC appearances if it were possible. Why do you think there are so many armour and sword mods? How many different types of swords do we really need since they all really do one thing? Should these people be modding for Dragon Age or Oblivion instead? Warband is a slightly more sophisticated game than "stabbing people and ruling the world", because at least one of those things is optional. It must kill you that there are people who don't play this game the way you think it should be played.

Guess I struck a chord.  It is okay to like the sims, man.  I won't hold it against you.

Perhaps you should try looking and asking in the mod community sections.

You didn't strike a chord. I am just inherently hostile towards trolls.

I am not really into the Sims series, but why would you hold that against anyone? It's a perfectly viable game of a different genre.  :?:

It's the royal "we".

Besides that, have you made any progress in searching the mod sections?  All I've come up with is a face mod for female characters.  Little in the way of hair, unless you are willing to handle a lot of do-it-yourself work.

I have hair meshes from a few different overhaul mods, mostly downloaded from non-English MB websites. Other than Sibylla's hairs, I think I've gather about 10 new hairs.  Here is an example of one hair style (for women, although it might work just as well for men).

mb_warband2010-09-2206-05-23-10.jpg

mb_warband2010-09-2206-05-19-09.jpg

It wouldn't be hard to put together a compilation. I just need to edit the brf files, maybe centralize them in one brf, and edit the skin.txt. The thing is, I would need to contact the modders for permission to upload, and I am not sure if the modders would understand English....(I could always try regardless).

Back
Top Bottom