Trading and Enterprises Tips v1.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Mugatu

Recruit
Letting people know (as if it isn't obvious already) that things did change (well some things) in the economics of v1.2

(I've only played 3 weeks in 1.2 - new game - and already have 40,000 schillings with 2 enterprises pulling about 550 schillings a week

Trade Skill 3 Recommended

Tip 1 - Buy Iron at 80-250  - Sell for 350-500 - Either a city has cheap iron or buys iron at a high price - usually they are pretty close to one another so you dont have to travel far to take advantage of the stupid amount of profit you can make.

Tip 2 - Salt - Used to be able to buy this for cheap (and you still can - 100-200 schillings) and sell it for 800-1000 shillings - not anymore, as far as I know they wont buy it for more then 300 schillings now

Tip 3 - Use a boat and travel the shore lines in search of profits - obvious point that you avoid bandits fairly easily and maintain a speed of 15 even during the night.

Tip 4 - Enterprises - Wine-press Wine-press Win-press - This makes 500 schillings a week, much more profitable then dye-works and for half the price. Infact the only city that it wont make a profit as far as I know of is Oxford (it actually produces a negative)

Tip 5 - You make much more schillings in trading then fighting bandits - safer as well

Tip 6 - Dont worry too much about city reputation - doesn't really affect prices all that much

Tip 7 - Some cities are totally useless when it comes to trade, these don't really produce anything worthy of profits nor do they buy anything to make a profit either. Dont bother with these, and they are very few compared to those that you can make a buck.

Tip 8 - You can make a decent profit on other goods like leather, wool, cloth, flax bundles and smoked fish - but IRON = Profits since it's always in demand and trade routes can be established between two cities that are very close.

Tip 9 - There could be a potential for selling ale in v1.2 but I haven't explored it. I've noticed some selling Ale at 120 while others selling it at 550 - dont have too much information on this.

Tip 10 - Inventory Management is a Leader Skill, that means only you can level it up in order to take advantage of it.

Thats it for now.

A good Salt Trip I have discovered is the Whole East coast...

Visit Seals-ey while dodging Bandits/Franks then visit each of the coastal cities from there all the way up to Din Eidya. Those that I have noticed that sold Salt Cheep Cheep are; Seals-ey and Eoferwic. As long as its under approx 400c then you should make a profit, I just emptied all the Market and a Book Merchant took the rest for half of a Book...

Ale - Sales City that seems to like the Brew the best is Dorce Ceaster

As far as Ireland Goes:

Buy Iron
Temaire
Cill Dara

Sell Iron
Alieach
Curugahan

The issue with Salt is that (as far as the early game) no one is buying it for an obscene amount of money - I used to be able to buy from Curugahan for 100 and sell for 1000 to alieach but i believe the economy at the early game is one thing, and as time goes by things change so that they are more inclined to pay higher prices.

Flax from Licidfeath to Emain Macha.  I've seen bought it for as low as 85 and it always sells for over 500 1000.  From their stop off at Temaire or Cill Dara for iron and sell it at Caer Saegint and Llys Pengwern.  Repeat the run.  A ship cuts down on walking time.

Posted before playing 1.2 with the new prices  :oops:

There is no such thing as "setting a trade route", neither in this mod nor vanilla.

The player-controlled villages and towns trade normally, and do bussines on their own as the AI-controlled ones. What you can do with the wagon is send it to a town to sell its inventory, period. This is no a "trade route", just a one time journey to get rid/make profit with some junk/goods.

I see. I guess I got the wrong end of the stick with some of the comments I've been reading in the forums.

So wagons seem to be a bit of a waste of time and money? I just travel to a major city and sell what I don't need.

killkhan said:
So wagons seem to be a bit of a waste of time and money? I just travel to a major city and sell what I don't need.
It is neither a waste of time or money. It's a very nifty feature in Brytenwalda that, IMO, ought to be a standard feature in Warband. Instead of having to personally deliver goods/loots to towns in order to sell them, you can just send your own caravan to sell them for you; thus, enabling you to maximize your time in more, uh, "profitable" activities, i.e. bandit hunting, raiding, pillaging and the likes.  :mrgreen:

Also handy for travelling Traders...
Building a Wagon from the get go allows you to not only carry more but if its not in your personal inventory it don't weigh you down. I was traveling around the Isles at the full 9.3 with 20+ bags of salt in my wagon...

TheSilentBugler said:
Yeah wagons are good, boats are better.

The bloody land bridges are are a pain though, DO NOT buy a boat inside them.

You can teleport past them. just take note of the direction your ship jumps when you embark, disembark, but try to rotate the map so you'll shift past the bridge.

buy flax for cca. 100 in central England or Kent, and sell it in Emain Macha for cca. 500 :smile: lovely jobly
Ale is cheap in Dun Bretainn, they buy iron

Sealsey buys Iron and pays well for it, wool cloth ...sells cheap salt  ... closest is Canterbury that buys salt wool cloth iron sells flax

Temair sells iron ...closest... Dun Keltair buys it

London sells salt buys iron

Oxford buys iron
Dorce caster sells tools and sometimes iron and wool cloth

Cirrencaster sells iron

Linnius sells salt, which is very needed in Dun Eidin

Eofwric sells salt and spice!!!

Caer Uisc buys iron

Caer Fyrdin buys salt and iron

these are my trade routes, enjoy

Ever since I got a boat I have basically been doing the same trade run over and over. start out at Cantwaraburgh, buy all the flax they have, go to Emain Macha sell the flax and buy wool cloth. Stop by Seals-ey and buy all their salt, sell the wool cloth. Go back to Cantwaraburgh and sell the salt.

Before going to Seals-ey one can slo take a short detour to Caer Went to buy hides to sell in Din Draithou just on the other side of the Bristol channel for a profit of perhaps 100 per unit (which isn't that good considering that there is usually not that many units available for purchase, but it is a very short detour).

Selling the flax from Cantwaraburgh at Emain Macha gives about 300 per bundle in profit and the salt makes 200-300 per sack, the wool cloth has a much lower profit margin (perhaps 100 per unit and there are usually rather few units) but you visit both places anyway so why not... anyway you can make a bit more than 10k in just one trip back and forth lasting 2 days tops.

aurgelmir said:
Ever since I got a boat I have basically been doing the same trade run over and over. start out at Cantwaraburgh, buy all the flax they have, go to Emain Macha sell the flax and buy wool cloth. Stop by Seals-ey and buy all their salt, sell the wool cloth. Go back to Cantwaraburgh and sell the salt.

Before going to Seals-ey one can slo take a short detour to Caer Went to buy hides to sell in Din Draithou just on the other side of the Bristol channel for a profit of perhaps 100 per unit (which isn't that good considering that there is usually not that many units available for purchase, but it is a very short detour).

Selling the flax from Cantwaraburgh at Emain Macha gives about 300 per bundle in profit and the salt makes 200-300 per sack, the wool cloth has a much lower profit margin (perhaps 100 per unit and there are usually rather few units) but you visit both places anyway so why not... anyway you can make a bit more than 10k in just one trip back and forth lasting 2 days tops.

Been there :smile:
you can try flax to Emain macha, then buy some iron and sell it in Dun Keltair, travel to Caer Manguid, buy lots of iron, sell some at Lindisware and buy flax there, go back to Ireland, sell the rest of iron in Dun Keltair and all the flax in Emain Macha. I also buy horses in E'M so that they could later buy my flax :smile:

Back
Top Bottom