[S] Floris Mod Pack - v2.01 out now! - Old topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After playing the new version of this wonderful mod, I came across the following item bugs:
- "splinted greaves" of Narf's transitional armour pack appears to have their mesh missing. Also, it seems like the "cased greaves" are not integrated in this version. Is this on purpose?
- The brigandine armours having their stats for the wrong body parts, like "46 to head armour" etc.
- Fitted helmet (swadian cavalry) doesn't cover head, causes some clipping issues.

I'll report more bugs when I find them. Thanks for this new version, I'm really enjoying it.:grin:

Awesome job on this Monnikje. One thing I did notice from looking at the in-game item lists is that one of the foot armors has no model. It is the Splinted Greaves on the last row.

Got ninja'd about the greaves while typing the rest out, so I decided to get pictures to help pinpoint them. Only the Shirts and the Brigandines have incorrect armor allocations, colored variants included.
mb1.jpg

mb3.jpg

mb2.jpg

mp84 said:
1) Combat Animations, meh.. I got mixed reactions about them, I really didn't mind the originals, so I prefer just to revert back to them. ( if anyone knows how please let me know, if possible, hehe) I mean that Twirl every time my guy or anyone else wields a sword feels so hollywoodish it's not even funny, lol.

In order to get the native animations back you will have to copy over some files. Make a backup of the actions.txt in the mod folder as well as skeletons.brf within the resources folder within the mod folder. Copy over the actions.txt from any other mod you have or use the ones from the native folder. Go to the warband base folder and open the CommonRes folder. Take the skeletons.brf from CommonRes and copy it into the resource folder inside the modpack.

This should make the normal animations come back. Sadly, if you wanted to pick and choose animations to keep, it would take much more work with a higher likelihood of breaking something. If this causes your game to crash on load, you can always revert back to what came with the mod from the backup files.

Slots said:
In order to get the native animations back you will have to copy over some files. Make a backup of the actions.txt in the mod folder as well as skeletons.brf within the resources folder within the mod folder. Copy over the actions.txt from any other mod you have or use the ones from the native folder. Go to the warband base folder and open the CommonRes folder. Take the skeletons.brf from CommonRes and copy it into the resource folder inside the modpack.

This should make the normal animations come back. Sadly, if you wanted to pick and choose animations to keep, it would take much more work with a higher likelihood of breaking something. If this causes your game to crash on load, you can always revert back to what came with the mod from the backup files.

That's good enough for me, I don't wanna pick and choose any of it honestly, I just don't like it. Again, no offense to the creator, as I'm sure a ton of people enjoy that mod, it's just my own personal taste, so thanks for showing me how to do it and I'll defiantly put the originals back in.

D/L ing expanded right now

And big thank you for the time and effort  :mrgreen:

Will seed for couple days at least . My up speed not very fast but every little helps right?

mp84 said:
Oddball_E8 said:
heh, seems there are quite a few bugs here and there (as should be expected when going from version 1.0 to 2.0 in one big step) so ill wait to download for a while...

I see what you mean about the Bugs, but honestly their not game-breaking, at least from what I've played so far.

There's massive amount of stuff in this, especially the expanded pack which will take a lot of time and testing to get use to all of it too and to be honest 4-5 beta testers can only spot so many things, now that you have a lot more people, especially on different machines and such, a lot more could get notice which will naturally only serve to make the mod better. At the moment, the mods awesome, however, I do have my own peaves with some particular mod choices, but they are more of personal tastes I guess and that's:

1) Combat Animations, meh.. I got mixed reactions about them, I really didn't mind the originals, so I prefer just to revert back to them. ( if anyone knows how please let me know, if possible, hehe) I mean that Twirl every time my guy or anyone else wields a sword feels so hollywoodish it's not even funny, lol.

2)Battles at Night because of the Texture graphic Pack, honestly they are a bit to dark for my taste, I wish there was a way I can put the defaults back in just for night time if possible. (If there's a way please let me know), but it's something I guess with time I could get use too probably, but I don't know. . I mean, I get we're trying to be realistic and all with how night is portrayed and how it's difficult to see, hence why there were hardly any night battles historically, but in the end realism only works so far because the AI is not affected by the same sight problem as you are at night and not to mention the cycle of days goes by way quicker here too.

And naturally there are awesome positives to this, like the fact it combines some of the best mods out there, the troop tree here is amazing, it's going to take several days if not weeks to try to find the right combination of units here, I really love the variety there. Also, the fact that I finally get to use my Companions inventories for once is a huge plus!!, but naturally I could go on and on about the positives :wink:

yeah, but since im not really gonna play it, i might as well wait :razz:

I was rather surprised to be awarded my own kingdom about 5 minutes into playing the extended version. This, despite the fact that I didn't create a noble character - just a regular merchant.  I tried starting a new game but the same thing happened.  I was asked to choose the name of my new kingdom and awarded Suno immediately.  Also seems like a lot of the factions are mixed up and spread out in strange locations over the map.  For instance, the Nords are where the Rhodoks used to be, and the Rhodoks are in the desert.  Swadians have the Vaegir lands, etc... 

Just wondering whether all of this is supposed to be this way or is it bugged?

Edit:  I think it might have something to do with the optional troop tree download.  I just tried starting a new game with the original "troops.txt" and everything seemed to be back to normal again. 

Ran into a runtime error script errors ('ll update with the actual line shortly),

When in battle and pulling up the command interface (backspace) there is no map and there are the red runtime errors.

Most actions are met with several script errors, entering into courtyard/towns, tournaments etc.

Other then that it is a great collection, give the scope a few runtime errors are no big deal.

Macroi said:
Edit:  I think it might have something to do with the optional troop tree download.  I just tried starting a new game with the original "troops.txt" and everything seemed to be back to normal again.

Hmm, it's rather weird that a troop tree would cause all those problems, but I'm not really a modder, so I'm sure more experienced people can help you with that. I would advise just to stick with the Original 2.01 for now since there's a lot of stuff in there anyway to keep you busy as that troop tree is huge there now :smile:

@Slots

Thanks, what you said worked like a charm, and it's even saved game compatible too, so got the original animations back in now :smile:

Now, if you also happen to know a easy fix for reverting back the Night Textures (Way to Dark in my eyes) I'd be happy to know that as well is possible. (But that will probably be a bit more complicated I fear, lol)

zacrobmer said:
Ran into a runtime error ('ll update with the actual line shortly),

When in battle and pulling up the command interface (backspace) there is no map and there are the red runtime errors.

Other then that it is a great collection, give the scope a few runtime errors are no big deal.

Just got a runtime error myself :sad:

mp84 said:
Macroi said:

Hmm, it's rather weird that a troop tree would cause all those problems, but I'm not really a modder, so I'm sure more experienced people can help you with that. I would advise just to stick with the Original 2.01 for now since there's a lot of stuff in there anyway to keep you busy as that troop tree is huge there now :smile:

@Slots

Thanks, what you said worked like a charm, and it's even saved game compatible too, so got the original animations back in now :smile:

Now, if you also happen to know a easy fix for reverting back the Night Textures (Way to Dark in my eyes) I'd be happy to know that as well is possible. (But that will probably be a bit more complicated I fear, lol)

Yeah, please note that my troop tree is completely untested (by both me and monnikje) so use it at your own risk.
although i cant figure out why that would trigger an offer of a kingdom...

I see the OSP has been added to the expanded pack. But OSP has a couple of serious game breaking bugs, one of which is that enduring issue of former Swadian lords who join the player faction not recruiting troops, which was fixed in 1.127c but resurfaced in 1.131b. Has you managed to fix this?

Thanks everyone for the praise! And over 350 downloads in half a day, that's going well :mrgreen:.

And also many thanks on reporting the bugs. Too bad that there are still bugs out there, but as is said before, this update is a giant leap. There is only so much the beta testers and I can see. After this weekend I'll try to fix the reported errors and make a small patch you can download fixing them (so you won't have to download the big rar-file again).

zacrobmer: There's no problem for you to host it elsewhere :smile:, as long as you'll post the link here.

Now I'm off to work: I'll make a more extended reply this evening.

if the files to big for mbrepository, put it on one that doesent boast about a premium account then make me wait 3 hours for it to download (yes 3 hours)

Woe is me. 

This is the mod I want the most, yet it is the one I cannot have. 

My graphics drivers crash from switching between marketplace menus with "load textures on demand" turned on, but my computer doesn't have enough memory to run this mod with that setting turned off. 

JohnLukeG said:
Woe is me. 

This is the mod I want the most, yet it is the one I cannot have. 

My graphics drivers crash from switching between marketplace menus with "load textures on demand" turned on, but my computer doesn't have enough memory to run this mod with that setting turned off.

I suppose i will have the same issue. So, although i know is too much asking, would it be possible to have an extended version without all the graphical improvements, such as Polish landscapes, flora and so on ? I would appreciate a "yes", but i won't be upset for a "no" .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom