[S] Floris Mod Pack - v2.01 out now! - Old topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun fact:
When equipping, then unequipping gloves with fingers.
The gloves goes from flat open hand, to a fist. This stays this way (withing shops).

Also Articulated Gauntlets cost less than Milanse Gauntlets (who have identical textures). They also weigh 0.2 less.
When wearing Highlander armor your arms change textures. Is there no "no-arms" armor?
The Winged Great Helmet lost it's colours... no really ^^ It's grey!
The Black and White armor looks extremely expensive compared to it's defensive value.

I've yet too find a Morningstar in any city/loot.
I've only found 1 Huscarl's shield so far.
It seems that with the amount of weapons certain items (especially with positive pre-fixes) get really scarce!

Is there a way to distribute certain items only within certain factions? This could decrease randomness a bit.

I was wondering whether the items added and tweaked will only affect the player (which would be sort of a pity) or whether you are going into the direction of Pike and Blade (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,110114.0.html )?

I know its a personal opinion and in the end you get to call :razz:, but i d prefer that diversity, if implemented does not only reach the player, but also the factions :smile:
(And im not requesting this for the next version or the one after that, since it d be an awful lot of work and you already have enough planned :grin:. However I d like to ask you and the others to think about the approaches of item diversity for future additions.)

Thanks for the great work mate :wink:

Mno: Thanks for mentioning it :smile:. I'm looking at some of these items right now, the others I've noted down.
Those arms are indeed part of that highlander armor. I'll have a look at it if I can change it, but no promises there, since I'm not (yet) that savvy with editing meshes.

As far as I know I can indeed assign certain weapons to certain factions. I'll have to test if that works though. When it does, I'll do my best to distribute the weapons nicely among the different places of Calradia.
Until so far, tests of assigning weapons to certain factions have been unsuccessful. Conducting more now.

Duh: I'm indeed planning on distributing the new weapons among the troops and knights. That's why I'm also going to check all the troops. I hope you're not in a hurry for the next version :mrgreen:.

monnikje said:
Mno: Thanks for mentioning it :smile:. I'm looking at some of these items right now, the others I've noted down.
Those arms are indeed part of that highlander armor. I'll have a look at it if I can change it, but no promises there, since I'm not (yet) that savvy with editing meshes.
You're welcome! You're already investing a lot of time in it. I'm just adding where I can. Feeling beta testy ^^.
If you could find the default arm textures you could possibly "copy/paste" those into the armor.

monnikje said:
As far as I know I can indeed assign certain weapons to certain factions. I'll have to test if that works though. When it does, I'll do my best to distribute the weapons nicely among the different places of Calradia.
Until so far, tests of assigning weapons to certain factions have been unsuccessful. Conducting more now.
Quoted you on the second you edited it ^^
AFAIK the Chargers in Vanilla are only to be bought in Swadian and Rhodok (ye, dunno why...) towns. Maybe those files can give you the info you need to make items faction bound. If/when you find a way to assign them, let us know at the boards. 1 Post including all items (sorted by merchant) + poll + ??? = less time consuming for you.

monnikje said:
Duh: I'm indeed planning on distributing the new weapons among the troops and knights. That's why I'm also going to check all the troops. I hope you're not in a hurry for the next version :mrgreen:.
As long as the versions keep compatible, which you are trying to ensure, why the rush :smile:

PS. Send out Lezalit on a RtR mission, had a party2party fight, Alayen and Ymira told me they liked each other. Lezalit came back, and Ymira still doesn't whine. So somehow the positive script between companions got skipped. I got them very fast after each other, without combat in between. That could be it.

Thanks Mno for the direction :smile:. I found it, and confirmed it working.
In the python files:
["charger","Charger", [("charger_new",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_horse, 0, 1811,abundance(40)|hit_points(165)|body_armor(5:cool:|difficulty(4)|horse_speed(40)|horse_maneuver(44)|horse_charge(32)|horse_scale(112),imodbits_horse_basic|imodbit_champion, [], [fac_kingdom_1, fac_kingdom_5]],
In the item_kinds.txt:
itm_charger Charger Charger 1  charger_new 0  65537 0 1811 110595670016 0.000000 40 0 58 0 4 165 44 40 112 0 32 0
15 19

The bold marked parts are the ones that define where the item is available. If none is specified, it's available everywhere.

Alright, now I can indeed specify where the items go!

That's good news. I had been of the opinion that there can be 'too many' items, in the sense that if everything is available everywhere, it can be very difficult to find specific armor/weapons that you're seeking to purchase. I think it would be a lot easier if facton-specific weapons/armor (Huscarl Shield, Heavy Axes, Nomad Bow, Board Shield, etc.) were in faction specific cities, and items that aren't faction specific (Milanese Armor, Gothic Armor, (soon to be included) Transitional Armor, etc.) can be found in any city.

monnikje said:
Thanks Mno for the direction :smile:. I found it, and confirmed it working.
In the python files:
["charger","Charger", [("charger_new",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_horse, 0, 1811,abundance(40)|hit_points(165)|body_armor(5:cool:|difficulty(4)|horse_speed(40)|horse_maneuver(44)|horse_charge(32)|horse_scale(112),imodbits_horse_basic|imodbit_champion, [], [fac_kingdom_1, fac_kingdom_5]],
In the item_kinds.txt:
itm_charger Charger Charger 1  charger_new 0  65537 0 1811 110595670016 0.000000 40 0 58 0 4 165 44 40 112 0 32 0
15 19

The bold marked parts are the ones that define where the item is available. If none is specified, it's available everywhere.

Alright, now I can indeed specify where the items go!
You're welcome again, just adding where I can :smile: Awesome that you found it out that fast.

I've come pass 2 great helmets. Same reqs, same weight. Different armor/price. A 53 armor cheaper one, and the more expensive 55 one.
I take it the 53 armor is the original one(vanilla), and the 55 armor is the wingless-55 one. As more than once people complained about sigh issues with/due to the wings.
Also note, the Winged and 'wingless' 55-armor great helmets have the same price.

In any circumstance, faction named (Ex. 'Khergit' Guard Helmet) only @ it's faction towns. And maybe even specific items only at the using faction (Bardiche @ Vaegir, Board Shield @ Rhodok etc)

Hi Folks,

First of all, I LOVE the mod.  Nords are great and it's fantastic to be able to move a big group of mounted huscarls to the high ground, have them dismount and form the shield wall. EPIC.

I have only encountered one problem that I can't seem to fix.  Ever since I installed the mod (extended version) I've been getting this error: "Script Error on OPCODE 520: Invalid troop ID: -1; Line NO: 376: At Script: decide_faction_ai"  I've tried figuring out this one on my own, but I'm at a loss.  Any advice would be much appreciated.

killer-blead said:
Another question: Is Floris a noble character aka can I make him a lord without the other lords *****ing about him?

A good question, was wondering about that myself.

I've posted a new chapter at my AAR about Floris :smile:. Finally, after a month, there's a new chapter!

But I've been working on the mod pack too. All the horses (not only wanderer949's, but also the others from the other mods) are done now: they have been assigned to certain factions, so that you'd have to travel to certain towns to get that specific horse. Next: sleep, and then the other items.

And yes, Floris is noble. If lords still start to ***** about it, then something had gone wrong and I'd like to hear it.

About that error: It's something from the Diplomacy mod I have encountered too in an earlier version, but is apparently still there. There's an npc trying to decide something, and things go hawry at that moment. I solved it by going to all my vassals, and ordering them to do something (follow me, go to there etc). It can also be one of your companions that's stuck: you can send your companion to do something, and once the one that's stuck has been given a command, the error should stop. I hope this helps.

monnikje said:
I've posted a new chapter at my AAR about Floris :smile:. Finally, after a month, there's a new chapter!

But I've been working on the mod pack too. All the horses (not only wanderer949's, but also the others from the other mods) are done now: they have been assigned to certain factions, so that you'd have to travel to certain towns to get that specific horse. Next: sleep, and then the other items.

And yes, Floris is noble. If lords still start to ***** about it, then something had gone wrong and I'd like to hear it.

About that error: It's something from the Diplomacy mod I have encountered too in an earlier version, but is apparently still there. There's an npc trying to decide something, and things go hawry at that moment. I solved it by going to all my vassals, and ordering them to do something (follow me, go to there etc). It can also be one of your companions that's stuck: you can send your companion to do something, and once the one that's stuck has been given a command, the error should stop. I hope this helps.

Hooray! I was dying of anticipation. Great!  :smile:

I encountered a strange bug. At start, i decided not to do merchants quest. After a success in game i returned and did the tasks. But - after cleaning the town i found 5 of my troops standing at the other room. They all talked the same - ''Surrender or die''
Here  is a screenshot.
52xd1l.jpg

Ssgt. Griggs said:
I encountered a strange bug. At start, i decided not to do merchants quest. After a success in game i returned and did the tasks. But - after cleaning the town i found 5 of my troops standing at the other room. They all talked the same - ''Surrender or die''
This is vanilla or diplomacy based. Had this bug a lot of times. Reported them at both places, nothing seemed to be done with it yet.

That's indeed a great script. The first part is already a part of the diplomacy mod. The second part I tried to implement, but I kept getting compiling errors, and the game wouldn't start anymore. Until I figure out what I've done wrong, I'm going to wait with implementing it (or maybe it's because the script is for 1.127?). But it's on my to-do list now :smile:.

Finally, a good looking mod that will incorporate Polished Landscapes.  I play Blood and Steel, and Brytenwalda mod, but neither have PL in them.  Definitely will download once you get the next version up and running.  :grin:

Maybe check out Skirmish mod as well.  Makes archers and such more useful.

Here is the page:  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,137970.0.html

well PL does have one downside  :twisted: i dont think that i can watch a 300vs300 slaughter anymore,
but at least my (hopefully) 200 vs 200 slaughters will be very pretty then

Having tried the mod, i noticed that you changed the equipment on the troops, and i spent ALOT of time deciding what equipment the troops should have, and i dont agree with some of your choices.

ill go through the troops and check what stuff i dont like (and maby some stuff i would like to add) anc release a "patch" if you dont mind.

first thing that i noticed was the swadian lancers that were supposed to be heavy gothic knights, all of a sudden had chainmail with surcoats and that got me looking into the other troops.

Of course theres no way you could have known my thinking behind all the troops equipment, but it bothers me since i spent alot of time on it (in fact i spent several days just planning out what kind of equipment the troops should have before i even opened the troop editor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom