[S] Floris Mod Pack - v2.01 out now! - Old topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, About polished landscape it does have some flaws. I've seen it been used in several other mods but they changed the map this drastically that you can't enter town because of sudden hills or just make everything look really messed up.

If you mean the messed up city scences, that has been somewhat fixed by using the native data afaik :wink:

I am sorta curious tho as to whether it works the same way with the new scenes from Adorno and others.

Anyways I wouldnt be me, if there wasnt a new request in my post  :mrgreen:
Have you checked this out yet monnikje http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,109401.0.html ?

EPIC mod!!! I love it, but one kinda major problem. Everytime I fight a battle, some of the enemy get stuck in place and do 360's and are made the ultimate fighters. I charge one with a spear and a horse, he hits me with his stick, and I'm out for the battle. I watch my men get slaughtered by these guys and have to cheat so I don't lose my whole army. And they also disappear, reappear, constantly. So I will try to get one from a distance and he's disappeared.

The game has become basically unplayable. Everytime a Sarranid javelinman attacks me, I immediately fall unconscious. It is the most annoying thing. PLEASE fix this.

Duh said:
I am sorta curious tho as to whether it works the same way with the new scenes from Adorno and others.
Polished Landscapes (PL) changes flora quite radically at some points,
so also in my castles there can be strange things happening. I haven't tested the scenes with PL.

monnikje, Bravo on a great mod pack, it combines many goodies to spice up the game.

Is there a chance you will add this: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,129012.0.html
I'm not sure if it's possible to do, but might be great fun to have so many extra companions.

Or maybe you can add 5-10 companions by yourself, as you know how to do it.

Can you give me a link to a good guide on how to add more companions?

KingLuke: O my, those are small skirmishes. But well, at least you can enjoy it all :smile:.

killer-blead: Most of the flaws have indeed been polished away. But to be sure, I'll check the scenes and make adjustments if necessary.

Duh: I have seen it, but personally I like the music. I've wrote it down to check out later, but don't expect it to be in the next version.

KillerDudeMan: Hm... quite strange. I'm going to check all units.

Gulatr: Adding many more companions would make it unfortunately not savegame compatible, something I do want for the versions to come. New companions are added somewhere in the first half of troops.txt, shifting all the other units one (or more if you add more companions) down. But your savegame still refers to the old spots, so in your savegame units get replaced by others. Also all the kings, knights, ladies, pretenders... If you add more companions, you might end up with lady Nelda being a man, your huscarls turning into Swadian peasants and a Harlaus that actually isn't fat anymore.
I want to keep the next version savegame compatible, so unfortunately, no, I won't be adding more companions or Malik Faris' mod. Maybe at a later date, but not now.

Malik Faris has by the way written an excelent tutorial on adding your own companions: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,130815.0.html

And thanks everyone for your praise :smile:.

Currently I'm working on tweaking the items, both from version 1.0 and the new ones. Still over a thousand to check and tweak...

monnikje could u perhaps make a 3rd version of the floris mod with a functional PL version?

that would be awesome! cause i just cant play anymore with these native nature... :wink:

lmao 5 pages and people stop reading through the thread  :mrgreen:

Polished Landscapes is planned for the next version. It might take a while, because monnikje is making sure that there are gonna be as few bugs occuring as possible.

Indeed, I'm working very hard on the next version, which will feature Polished Landscapes. In the few days after the release of 1.0 (yes, today still falls within 'the few days' :mrgreen:) I not only got a lot of good suggestions for mods to add in the pack, but had a few ideas myself to add and change.

I will keep on having two version: not more, not less. The basic for every version of Warband available, the expanded featuring everything, but only for the latest version.

Alright, a little status update on my work on the next version. The following new mods are now working in the expanded version:
- Coloured Lances Project
- Crusader Heraldy OSP
- Polished Landscapes
- Narf's Transitional Armour Pack
- Open Source Project - Weapons
- OSP Helmets
The next version will thus feature a total of 1155 items, including the horses. That's a little more than the 762 items in version 1.0 :smile:. But I still have to edit a lot of them.
Today I edited all the 122 nice horses from wanderer949. Now it will make a small difference weather you buy a black steppe horse or a brown steppe horse, for example. All horses are now really unique in stats, although the differences between for example the different warhorses are only very tiny. They differ just enough to give an extra flavour to the game.

I got permission to implement Custom Commander. Hurray!

Still to do for the next version:
- Implement Custom Commander.
- Check all scenes for any faulty Polished Landscapes trees / hills or things like that.
- Check, edit and tweak over a thousand items.
- Check the troops.
- Anything you (the user) or I come up with before I'm finished.

The mod grows a little too. Instead of the 1,10 GB version 1.0 was, the next one is currently 1,32 GB. But unless I add more items, it won't grow much beyond that.

Well I fixed my problem. The problem was I used TweakMB to make the javelin count 0. Changed that back and it works fine now. Great mod, btw. Though there is a very small problem. When I start the game, it says something like this 70x 'Failed to reretexture/reremodel, new texture/model will be ignored.' about a lot of stuff. It doesn't seem to affect the game, but I just thought you should know.

2 bugs that i encountered with the constellation Custom Commander and Diplomacy (in the OSPW) were that companions appeared twice in a tavern (altho you couldnt hire em twice :grin:) and the death cam got stuck below the ground almost everytime i died. Nothing gamebreaking, but at least the deathcam is quite annoying, if you get hit in the face by a random bolt at the beginning of a big fight...

Duh said:
lmao 5 pages and people stop reading through the thread  :mrgreen:

Polished Landscapes is planned for the next version. It might take a while, because monnikje is making sure that there are gonna be as few bugs occuring as possible.

O0PS  :lol:

But Great news :smile:

monnikje, thank you for the link and the informative answer.

17 companions is a good ammount, I just wish there were more of them in the game.

Another question: can TweakMB be used with this pack?

All I have to say is that this compilation is stunning. The features planned for the next update are ones I was going to shove into the current version but now I see I do not have to worry about them and can patiently wait.

Keep up the good work!

every time i try download i right click ,click copy. go to modules, right click ... crashes EDIT: fixed i extracted it :grin:

KillerDudeMan: Try to load up the game without 'Edit mode'.

Duh: I'm going to have a look at that when adding CC to the pack. I hope to avoid those duplicate npc's. And the deathcam seems to work fine in Diplomacy, even when 'under ground'. So I think I'll use that one instead of the CC one that gave you problems.

Gulatr: I haven't tried it yet, but KillerDudeMan reported that putting the javelin on 0 is a bad idea. If you try TweakMB, I'd of course like to hear your results. Testing that isn't my priority right now.

Slots: Thanks :smile:. And if you have suggestions for more, I'll have of course a look at them.

King Ragnarok: Great to see you've managed to fix the problem :smile:. Indeed, extracting helps a lot.

Scully: Since I want to continue my own savegame, I'll make it savegame compatible.

Haven't been able do do anything today (sometimes real life stuff catches up), but well, the night is young. Maybe I can squeesh another 8 hours of work out of myself before I fall asleep :mrgreen:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom